What's new

"Real" Secret Characters Playable

I've managed to make all three hidden characters completely playable using MAME cheats recently, and figured I would share with the community for those interested. All the secret characters have retained their special abilities (speed, projectile Invulnerability, amount of health, damage, etc...), and will function for the most part as they do under CPU control. This is not the final version of the code, so keep in mind that it may be somewhat buggy in certain areas. This hack should work with both the original 3.1, and the new UMK2 roms. You can get the current cheat here.

Videos:

Smoke Dash Throw Preview
Jade Playthrough
Jade Demo
Smoke Demo
Noob Saibot Demo
Fatality Demo

Instructions and other WIP information can be found in the the thread. Enjoy.

Last edited:
What does that mean exactly, that it's completely CPU controlled?
It means that the code that controls the CPU AI that you battle against in single player mode also calls the routine that makes Smoke emits the "smoke" he is known for. When a player is in control of Smoke, he does not emit smoke (as you have noticed in my videos) due to the routine never being started. I hope to remedy this issue in a future release of the cheat (I have something in progress now that may be the solution I'm looking for.)