What's new

Rare Mortal Kombat II EGM 'Supplemental" Issue

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Would love to see another MK like this again just updated graphically like now but play similar. Good old days, cool issue

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I don't think NRS believes there's a market for the original style of their MK games. I'm not even referring to real actors, since they could use 3d models. I also think they think it might cannibalize the market for their main 2d MK series. Finally, there's the cost and the man hours. I really liked the style of MK1-MK3. It's a shame it won't ever come back. Trilogy was the last time something MK related has excited me.

Great Mag scan! The loss of the hidden secrets in MK also sucks. I know it's the price you pay to be on console, but the secrets were a big part of MK's success/mystique.
Oh yeah I was actually referring to the oldschool gameplay not so much digitized actors(with their modern patch, updates, hot fixes etc) just imagine an oldschool MK game with NO infinites, no resets, no frame traps, no vortex's, nothing to exploit just flat out outsmarting, outplaying your opponent. I know some would love it, others would hate it but I guess one thing that's turned me off a lot about MK X are the resets and RC combos.

Yeah, well the secrets I think is one thing they got right again in MK X with the secret brutalities. I mean now with the internet it's not a BIG secret anymore but I did think that was a nice touch for now I mean.