What's new

Ranking system for fun+ Rank yourself

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
lol, go win some locals.
What locals. I live in the northern area of West Virginia up in the mountain tops. I used to live further south where there were like...4 of us who could meetup but no locals.

Not everyone lives near a scene.

Naptown Clutch is an annual event. It's like the big annual version of Godlike Saturdays. It's in Indiana and Chicago goes. I guess I would call it a weaker regional. There's a lot of tournaments like that. They don't get much attention and are a bit more stacked than locals.
Giving that 300 points might be a bit too much. I could add the same rule the other tournaments have and give 100 points to stacked locals or weak regionals.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Future changes to the system:

- Vindication will be added as a stacked regional
- Civil war will be a stacked regional instead of a major

Keep up the feedback guys
I disagree about Civil War! Historically a major, and although this year only had like 50-60 entrants, It was pretty much the same as all other EC tournaments as far as who went. But ya know...those east coast regionals.. :)

Edit:

And I have around 600-750 points

I disagree about Civil War! Historically a major, and although this year only had like 50-60 entrants, It was pretty much the same as all other EC tournaments as far as who went. But ya know...those east coast regionals.. :)

Edit:

Hmm so the competition was as good as lets say winterbrawl? A lot of good players like sonic, kz, dartharma, tom brady, viking and zyphox were there. I honestly wouldn't put civil war in the same list as kit, ufgt or scr. Even though I wouldn't count it as a major, it already gets a 100 additional points for being stacked.

Could you also list your accomplishments, I would like to see where you got your points from.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

Edit:

Civil War was missing KDZ, Arma, Rico, Revolver, Zyphox, most of the top Break players.

A good test for judging a major. Who did NOT place top 8? You can get a good gauge for a tournaments weight by looking at who placed 9th, 13th and lower. How many previous top 8 placers at stacked majors did not place top 8 or top 16? The difference in the answer of this question between something like EVO, then UFGT then Civil War or Summer Jam is staggeringly obvious.

Civil War was missing KDZ, Arma, Rico, Revolver, Zyphox, most of the top Break players.

A good test for judging a major. Who did NOT place top 8? You can get a good gauge for a tournaments weight by looking at who placed 9th, 13th and lower. How many previous top 8 placers at stacked majors did not place top 8 or top 16? The difference in the answer of this question between something like EVO, then UFGT then Civil War or Summer Jam is staggeringly obvious.
This is a good enough argument for me, I will list civil war as a stacked regional for 400 points.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Tbh I have trouble calling Civil War a major when there weren't a lot of top players or just players in general there. I only had to beat 3 people to make top 8 :/ not too much of an accomplishment tbh

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate

True, the break guys are the best scene on the EC so not having their full presence does hurt (although I think there are some really talented guys further down south that do not get that much exposure/travel that showed up). But I wouldn't expect them to bring the same type of prestige.

That being said, there were only a few previous top 8 placers (four) that didn't place that tournament. Including Tom Brady :)

I always thought the rule was: It is considered a major if Tom doesn't place top8, but if Tom makes top 8 then it is a regional, and if he wins then it is a local?
(I'm just kiddin' Bill if you are reading this lol!!!)