What's new

Rain unlikely to return, New 'ality' will be from previous game, MK vs SF not in development via IGN

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The masters of gaming information have gathered a new bit of info from NetherRealm Studios Creative Director, Ed Boon at GamesCom. In this interview, Ed talks about the story mode and says that most of the story consists of the 25 years in to the future. Ed also makes it clear that NRS is not afraid to do things differently with the example of other fighting games that repeat move-sets while just enhancing the graphics.

Ed does tap in to the guest characters and DLC a little bit, mentioning that the DLC has not quite been decided yet. Although, Ed does mention that previous DLC characters (such as Rain in MK9) will have a less likely chance of returning. In addition to this, Ed mentions that the other 'ality' will be from a previous Mortal Kombat. I personally believe it's Brutalities. I feel it's a no-brainer, but who knows... maybe they will bring back Friendships in essence of the MKX gore.

All of this and more - below!

Click here to watch the interview!

mkxkano.jpg

Credit: FDMK

Mst

Noob
To me it sounds kinda like MK9 DLC Chararacters are unlikely to get a DLC Slot for MKX but still possible as Main Characters.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I'd have liked Rain, I didn't like him in MK9 but they could have made him better in this game.

All round house variation.

Every attack is a roundhouse with a different effect.

Woulda been cool.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
No Rain in MKX? damn I mean if they have the THUNDER GOD and his power is Thunder and Lightning and RAIN is what makes storms clouds which makes water which is called RAIN its Ironic. MK Vs SF lol Boon always wanted that crossover now he is the one getting trolled. Capcom be like "Ok if we are gonna do this crossover there is only one condition...the Strert Fighters cannot be killed." and NRS be like ":DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE"

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Cool, honestly the only DLC I want to see back is Kenshi....Rain, Skarlet not coming back doesn't effect me. Rain is cool but not THAT cool imo.

Shots fired at Capcom lol
Well, let's face it after DC(which they worked with but you can tell NRS gave in) I don't think NRS want's to do more crossovers with Marvel(it would be the same as DC someone would bitch over decapitating Spiderman or Magneto) and Capcom isn't exactly known for M rated games lol. I know they've had RE and Dead Rising but compared to MK they seem rather tame, 20 years later SF still has sweat not even a bruise on the damn characters lol so I doubt they'd cooperate on the "mature" factor.

It would at this point be "anime MK" or "SF getting their hands dirty" I don't see either happening lol.

@VenomX-90 exactly lol, telling NRS "sorry can't kill someone in MK" is like telling GM, sorry you can't make the next Corvette insanely fast...NOT gonaa happen lol.

Last edited:

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Cool, honestly the only DLC I want to see back is Kenshi....Rain, Skarlet not coming back doesn't effect me. Rain is cool but not THAT cool imo.

Well, let's face it after DC(which they worked with but you can tell NRS gave in) I don't think NRS want's to do more crossovers with Marvel(it would be the same as DC someone would bitch over decapitating Spiderman or Magneto) and Capcom isn't exactly known for M rated games lol. I know they've had RE and Dead Rising but compared to MK they seem rather tame, 20 years later SF still has sweat not even a bruise on the damn characters lol so I doubt they'd cooperate on the "mature" factor.

It would at this point be "anime MK" or "SF getting their hands dirty" I don't see either happening lol.

@VenomX-90 exactly lol, telling NRS "sorry can't kill someone in MK" is like telling GM, sorry you can't make the next Corvette insanely fast...NOT gonaa happen lol.
Lol Yeah exactly man, forreal I would love to see an Anime MK. An anime MK would work as a series just like X-Men Anime and IronMan Anime they did a couple years back. Thats something NRS should look into if they want another series.

Andromeda

I am Bard
Not a fan of Rain, doesn't affect me.

I really have a feeling that the Friendships are in as much as I don't want them to be. I'd rather have it be the Brutalities returning and having you control your character while performing it. Have it where it was like in Shaolin Monks, the four attack buttons do different things.

Example: Sub-Zero. Triangle could be like his fists turning into giant ice boxing gloves and just smash the shit out of the opponent, square could be dozens of icicles shooting into the opponent. X could be just a barrage of kicks and circle could have him do some other ice move.

Yeah.

ryublaze

Noob
Like others have said, he most likely meant Rain won't be DLC again. There's still the chance that he'll return as a regular character. He's been giving us Rain hints on twitter afterall. Also this interview further confirms JC and Sonya as playable characters.

Reactions: JDM