Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
"Thunder Blots out the sun"

Variations:
Thunder God: Adds combo strings with teleportation abilities
Displacer: Adds Teleport, Vicinity blast
Storm Lord: Adds Lightning orbs to setup traps, Command grab (AA, maybe shocker unique change)

Universal moves:
Shoker (ex Shoker grants juggle)
Flying Thunder god (can be done in air) can be MB confirmed on hit
Acending Thunder God (AA Superman) ex grants bound
Lighting Blast (lightning Orb: staying on screen)

Discuss

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I believe it's "Thunder blots out the sun." I listened to it a few time and that's what it sounds like.

But either way, Kotal and Raiden so far have the coolest character specific quote.

"You have no chance, Thunder God."
"Thunder blots out the sun."
"Temporarily."

Yeesh, that last line from Kotal is just awesome. The dude is one confident mofo.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I believe it's "Thunder blots out the sun." I listened to it a few time and that's what it sounds like.

But either way, Kotal and Raiden so far have the coolest character specific quote thus far.

"You have no chance, Thunder God."
"Thunder blots out the sun."
"Temporarily."

Yeesh, that last line from Kotal is just awesome. The dude is one confident mofo.
Kotal Kahn: Loses the match, wins the vernacular.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Those traps, I'm wondering how many orbs you can put out at a time. He did one move that linked the two. I'm curious if you can fill the entire the sky with them and just connect them with one move.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
To cover something up. If you were to use white out to correct something written in ink, you'd be blotting out the ink.
Well listening to it again he without a doubt says OUT afterwards not UP and im pretty sure he's saying blocks not blots

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Variations might look hard to notice the difference

Thunder God: has lightnings on his upper body
Displacer: Lightning extends to his legs
Storm god: the whole body fills up with lightning, most notable in the hat

"Thunder Blots up the sun"

Variations:
Thunder God: Adds combo strings with teleportation abilities
Displacer: Adds Teleport, Vicinity blast
Storm god: Adds Lightning orbs to setup traps, Command grab (AA, maybe shocker unique change)

Universal moves:
Shoker (ex Shoker grants juggle)
Flying Thunder god (can be done in air) can be MB confirmed on hit
Acending Thunder God (AA Superman) ex grants bound
Lighting Blast (lightning Orb: staying on screen)

Discuss
not sure if ascending thunder (lol lets call it like that) and lightning blast are universal, the video only confirms torpedo and shocker for more than one style. AT and LB both were in thunder god.

also thunder god seems like subs cryomancer to me where lightning hits can be added to strings (and meterburned)

and there was this really interesting move in displacer which is like a electric overcharge on raiden that starts juggles.

oh and he has a low in a string now.

im curious how long the orbs in storm lord stay.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Can we be honest in this thread? Everyone and their momma is gonna play displacer Raiden a lot lol. I can't blame them either. Raiden was my secondary in MK9 and displacer looks a lot like MK9 Raiden. @Zoidberg747 made a good point about storm god possibly sucking because it's so slow.

Can we also talk about how he supermaned, teleported to the otherside and pushed him back mid string? That is hype.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
not sure if ascending thunder (lol lets call it like that) and lightning blast are universal, the video only confirms torpedo and shocker for more than one style. AT and LB both were in thunder god.

also thunder god seems like subs cryomancer to me where lightning hits can be added to strings (and meterburned)

and there was this really interesting move in displacer which is like a electric overcharge on raiden that starts juggles.

oh and he has a low in a string now.

im curious how long the orbs in storm lord stay.
AT was on Storm God as well.

That electric overcharge is the ex Vicinity blast, in MK9 his different, here they change up a bit

Those traps, I'm wondering how many orbs you can put out at a time. He did one move that linked the two. I'm curious if you can fill the entire the sky with them and just connect them with one move.
I'll be highly surprised if it's more than two or three at a time (most likely two).

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Can we be honest in this thread? Everyone and their momma is gonna play displacer Raiden a lot lol. I can't blame them either. Raiden was my secondary in MK9 and displacer looks a lot like MK9 Raiden. @Zoidberg747 made a good point about storm god possibly sucking because it's so slow.

Can we also talk about how he supermaned, teleported to the otherside and pushed him back mid string? That is hype.

Storm god is zoning, he can put two bolts and link them occupying a large portion of the screen, it shall limit ones mobility

Status
Not open for further replies.