What's new

Match Footage Raiden Match Videos

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I recently got an HD PVR (Personal Video Recorder) and started recording my matches and that gave me an idea. We could all post our Raiden match videos here in this dedicated thread, for two purposes. One, people can watch our matches for fun or whatever and two, hopefully we can all learn something from each other by observing how other people use Raiden and/or provide constructive criticism, comments, praise, feedback, whatever.

With that in mind, here are my first two videos (be gentle, those are my First videos lol). I would appreciate constructive feedback, i.e. if I did something wrong or could have done it better, please give your reasoning, don't just say, "U sux, scrub." That doesn't help anybody.

Here goes, two matches against Wu-Renegade (note: pay attention to how he punishes Electric Fly and Teleport):

doomfarmer

unorthodox
it really hurts my feelings to see how raiden plays post patch... he was the only character i used to play super aggressive, and now it's over

i mad

good matches though, wish i could find a game that was as lag free as those

goodone

Noob
Looks good, some things I would change though

wake up superman and random supermans were being used too much, he was expecting them and if someone blocks one or two leave them out of your gameplan until you really think that they drop their guard. no use getting punished every time for it

you were also using the lightning ball thing at an unsafe range at times, a good sub might have slide punished you on reaction right under it

you could really up your game if you brought some more mix up after your teleports. he was doing a good job of punishing your teleports with a full combo on alot of those teles, if you just tele in and jump back hes going to wif that whole combo giving you a chance to either a.) just superman him before he recovers or b.) teleport back behind and jump in punch to your 334 starter combo. Its by far more rewarding but a little more risky. Also you have more options out of teleport that I dont think I saw used. Crossever jump can be extremely hard to deal with for some people, and if you want to get real tricky you can crossover jump then crossover again to bait something else then jp combo out of it. Tele grab can also play some huge mindgames and i dont think I saw that too much.

Other than that good stuff, you can add a lot more pressure and damage if you work on landing bigger combos, and you also dont have to start attacking from tele every time as well. IF you can sneak in dash and get a 121shocker334superman you get free corner. and make sure to try and read those wake up slides by subby, catching those leads to huge punish!

glad to see stuff like this though, and Ill try and start recording some matches soon the ghetto way haha, ggs and gluck!

Albo

Noob
excellent thread :) can't wait to start contributing and analysing videos. so much to talk about but so little time.

you need to change the mind set of teleporting to move. It is a special with a purpose not Raidens joystick for movement. It is very punishable beware.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Thanks all for the feedback and especially Goodone. Yes, I got punished a lot on blocked Electric Fly. From watching and re-watching my match vidoes I've noticed the following three as my main mistakes:

1. Blocked and punished Electric Fly
2. Falling prey to cross-over jump tactics (this one is especially damaging and equally annoying, grrrr)
3. Dropping combos

There are others but I lose the most health out of those 3. I am aware of my mistakes and I am working on improving. With that said, here are a couple more videos from today. As always I'd appreciate constructive criticism.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
You do the same mistakes that I do :D . Too much superman and too much teleport, I'm trying to do them less, but it's hard to get rid of bad habits :/ . I believe you also should learn a few 30%+ bnbs, Raiden has some easy ones. I posted a few in the Raiden combos topic :D . I'd like to record videos too, but the only way for me is to use a camera, but the quality would be... you know.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
You do the same mistakes that I do :D . Too much superman and too much teleport, I'm trying to do them less, but it's hard to get rid of bad habits :/ . I believe you also should learn a few 30%+ bnbs, Raiden has some easy ones. I posted a few in the Raiden combos topic :D . I'd like to record videos too, but the only way for me is to use a camera, but the quality would be... you know.
I know exactly what you mean. It's soo hard not to teleport or do electric fly! Gotta remind myself, "don't teleport, don't press bf3"!

And as for recording videos I would recommend HD PVR. It works great although it's not cheap, but you know what they say, "You get what you pay for". But yeah, HD PVR + Windows Live Movie Maker = WIN for recording videos and uploading them online!

In the corner us the thunder god combo it hits downed opponents meaty.

Wake up Ex electric grab and ex electric fly will do the same thing as a wake up Xray.

You can simplify punishing by going 22 electric grab or just electric grab. this will put you in a familiar juggling state so you dont even have to think about how to punish.

Dont sweat getting caught in the scorpion vortex. Just block low asap because the vortex ends when he does an overhead instead of a low.

It was obviously laggy you both were dropping combos so dont worry about that either.

in the corner try dashing up to their fallen body and just block. this will catch any silly business and let you use the sexy Corner BnB you kept trying to do.

B W1zZ

Noob
Here's some Raiden footage of me from EVO playing casuals:

Me Vs REO: http://www.twitch.tv/s1lent1/b/291427006 (34:15 - 50:50) video is choppy at certain points (this was the night before the finals, where REO had to fight JOP's Raiden)

http://www.twitch.tv/s1lent1/b/291512859
Digimon/kfrog vs Marvaz/B Wizz Tag Match
22:10-42:45

Atl_red/Pig vs Marvaz/B Wizz Tag Money Match
43:00-1:00:00

I know theres more recorded vids of me out there from local tourneys etc, I'll have to find them.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Here's some Raiden footage of me from EVO playing casuals:

Me Vs REO: http://www.twitch.tv/s1lent1/b/291427006 (34:15 - 50:50) video is choppy at certain points (this was the night before the finals, where REO had to fight JOP's Raiden)

Digimon/kfrog vs Marvaz/B Wizz Tag Match
22:10-42:45

Atl_red/Pig vs Marvaz/B Wizz Tag Money Match
43:00-1:00:00

I know theres more recorded vids of me out there from local tourneys etc, I'll have to find them.
Holy s#$t! Look at the second video at 32:18 (the Digimon/kfrog vs Marvaz/B Wizz Tag Match). Raiden's hands are glowing, covered in these huge electric sparks. It looks spectacular! I wonder if this is an anomaly of some sort or is there a way to trigger it?

B W1zZ

Noob
Holy s#$t! Look at the second video at 32:18 (the Digimon/kfrog vs Marvaz/B Wizz Tag Match). Raiden's hands are glowing, covered in these huge electric sparks. It looks spectacular! I wonder if this is an anomaly of some sort or is there way to trigger it?
That happens to me every once in awhile. I'm guessing it's a graphical glitch in tag matches if you land a shocker that kills one of them...but it happens to me sometimes in 1v1 as well...I think it's awesome though lol, makes me feel godlike.

B W1zZ

Noob
best Raiden I saw. Rly nice B Wizz

edit: do you have some more videos ? you Raiden is sick bro
I have some older Raiden footage but I've greatly improved since these videos.

AZ Manawerx Tournament videos:

(Raiden starts at 2:00)(Vs Sao)

(Raiden starts at 2:30)(Vs Detroitballin)

(Vs Juicebox, new to MK)

(Vs Mortyseinfeld, I believe the 1st time Morty actually beat me in a tourney, awesome Sonya player)

During these videos I was using a different stick and had to re-adapt to what I was using which really fucked me up, but I finally have a converter for my own stick.

In the near future I'll possibly have more footage, all depends if I can make the next tourney or not.

You'll notice my playstyle is different in these videos compared to the EVO ones.

Raiman

Noob
Its weird that you never see Raiden players teleport in between blocked strings. This is one of the best things raiden has yet knowone ever does it. It throws people completely of guard whenever i do it. Whoe ever was Raiden in that second tag video actually knows how to use him.

@ B Wizz
totally differnet playstile in your old videos and EVO. You got so much better bro. Please post some fresh videos , I wanna see some more :)

btw: Did u play Cat(Sub Zero) at EVO ? Becouse I saw Cat got destroyed by some Raiden there.

second question:
your Mid BnB: JIP 334 tele 2 elec 2 VB 2 superman ? (40%)
second BnB: JIP b312, dash, 2 elec, 1 2 VB, 2 superman?

what's your corner combo ?

B W1zZ

Noob
@ B Wizz
totally differnet playstile in your old videos and EVO. You got so much better bro. Please post some fresh videos , I wanna see some more :)

btw: Did u play Cat(Sub Zero) at EVO ? Becouse I saw Cat got destroyed by some Raiden there.

second question:
your Mid BnB: JIP 334 tele 2 elec 2 VB 2 superman ? (40%)
second BnB: JIP b312, dash, 2 elec, 1 2 VB, 2 superman?

what's your corner combo ?
Yeah I was the Raiden that beat Cat. despite playing horribly and dropping combos etc. Unfortunately I wasn't on point due to lack of sleep/not warming up and lost to 2 others in my pool that I probably would have beaten otherwise.

My bnb is JIP 334 tele 1 shocker, F2 VB then either B3 torpedo or dash 12 torpedo (40% consistently)
other one is b312 dash shocker, F2 VB B3 torpedo (35%) (does 1% more damage than dash 12 torpedo off the b312 string) also you could do dash 33 torpedo, but if it's done too fast off this string you will fly underneath your opponent.

if you do JIP 334 tele shocker (without a hit to confirm the shocker) it makes it easier to do F2 VB dash 33 torpedo because they fall slower (41%).

B312 dash shocker F2 VB dash 33 torpedo does 36%, as opposed to 35% with B3 and 34% with dash 12.

Highest damaging meterless corner combo is JIP 334 VB, 4, 334, 33 or F23 shocker, 33 or F23 torpedo (46%, 43% w/o jump in punch)

I also use B312 shocker, F23 VB F23 torpedo. (36%)
F24 d1 shocker, F23 VB F23 torpedo (39%)
F4 shocker, F23 VB F23 torpedo (32%)

I'm probably going to be making a post in the combo thread soon.

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
some svb matches of me...thanks to usedforglue for the recording ^^ !!!

nivek vs foxy

nivek vs foxy(again??)

nivek vs mustard(pool match)

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
@Nivek,

Wow, I didn't know you could follow-up JP (when both opponents are in the air and you win out) with b3, 1, 2, Electric Fly! I've never seen anybody do that before. Good find man.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Here are a couple of videos of online matches. I am now making use of the Vicinity Blast trap in my gameplay and trying not to abuse Electric Fly too much (not having a lot of success with that though lol):

Albo

Noob
Here are a couple of videos of online matches. I am now making use of the Vicinity Blast trap in my gameplay and trying not to abuse Electric Fly too much (not having a lot of success with that though lol):

nice to see you utilising the free throw attempt after vc blast is blocked. i've been doing some testing on this and it's one of those incosistant things where it'll connect against certain characters and not with others and it'll connect when vc blast is linked or cancelled with certain strings while it won't with others. for example against lao and cage i can connect with the throw attempt instantly 9/10 tries and it's inescapable for them while against raiden himself it's near impossible to connect it and you have to walk forward slighlty to do so which is risky.