What's new

Guide Raiden Kombo Kompendium

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
Sorry guys, I was posting this from work so I didn't have a chance to test it, you're right its 42% with the JIP.

However, I was making the point that those combos are easy, not that they were the most effective.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Bit surprised that 334, TP, d3~shocker, 334/B312 superman isn't listed. I personally can never land f2 but can get d3 100% of the time.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Sorry guys, I was posting this from work so I didn't have a chance to test it, you're right its 42% with the JIP.

However, I was making the point that those combos are easy, not that they were the most effective.
True. I think adding the VB after 334 makes it easier to juggle since it pushes them higher up, but that's just me. I'd rather use the 43% combo, anyways.

lazybird123

Bit surprised that 334, TP, d3~shocker, 334/B312 superman isn't listed. I personally can never land f2 but can get d3 100% of the time.
You might wanna give it a try, after a lot of practice landing the d3~shocker, I'm starting to land the f2~shocker more consistently.

lazybird123

True. I think adding the VB after 334 makes it easier to juggle since it pushes them higher up, but that's just me. I'd rather use the 43% combo, anyways.
I actually was having a little bit of trouble with it because the extra time to juggle actually makes it more likely you'll start the next 334 too early and knock the guy out of the corner. However, its definitely worth adding

lazybird123

Yesterday I hit a pretty nice Air-to-air combo but I forgot the damage %. Perhaps someone could test it, I remember it got a lot of damage.

Air-to-Air punch, B312~shocker, F23, superman

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
You might wanna give it a try, after a lot of practice landing the d3~shocker, I'm starting to land the f2~shocker more consistently.
It's an odd timing on the f2, I can get it maybe 1/10 right now. Oh well, I'm just gonna stick with the d3 honestly, the damage is the same I believe?

lazybird123

It's an odd timing on the f2, I can get it maybe 1/10 right now. Oh well, I'm just gonna stick with the d3 honestly, the damage is the same I believe?
Nah, there's 3% difference IIRC. I know when you do the d3 in the combo it doesn't give you any damage but the f2 does

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I actually was having a little bit of trouble with it because the extra time to juggle actually makes it more likely you'll start the next 334 too early and knock the guy out of the corner. However, its definitely worth adding
That's why you do 334~VB, then standing 4, then the next 334. You'll never hit anything too early, plus you get 43% with no jump in punch. =]
Yesterday I hit a pretty nice Air-to-air combo but I forgot the damage %. Perhaps someone could test it, I remember it got a lot of damage.

Air-to-Air punch, B312~shocker, F23, superman
23%. Corner right? Can't imagine this working midscreen but idk, only tried for a minute.
IDK how you do it, but I used to try and hold forward and time the 2, always missed it. When I stopped holding forward and started timing the F2 rather than just the 2, I started getting more consistent with it. Just an idea. HOWEVER, there is only a 1% damage difference(36% rather than 37%) so it's not a huge deal unless you're trying to maximize damage.

lazybird123

That's why you do 334~VB, then standing 4, then the next 334. You'll never hit anything too early, plus you get 43% with no jump in punch. =]

23%. Corner right? Can't imagine this working midscreen but idk, only tried for a minute.
Yeah, its a corner combo, but only 23%, really? I could've swore it was more

As far as the standing 4 after the VB, I actually had a hard time getting the 334 after it, any tips?

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Yeah, its a corner combo, but only 23%, really? I could've swore it was more

As far as the standing 4 after the VB, I actually had a hard time getting the 334 after it, any tips?
Because it's Air to Air it scales horribly. As far as the 334 after standing 4, I'm not sure what is causing you to have problems. Try hitting the 4 as early as possible after the VB for maximum height. Alternatively, you can leave out the Vicinity Blast and it will do the same damage. 334, 4, 334, 33~Shocker, F23~Superman. If you still have problems let me know what is connecting and what isn't, I'll try to figure it out.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
jip, 334 vicinity blast, 1 vicinity blast, 1 vicinity blast, 1212 shocker, f23 superman (41-43%) Just looks real cool with all the vicinity blasts :top:
btw KING, on this one, you can get one more 1~VB then 121~shocker and it does the same damage(39% no jip), but if you're going for the cool factor you should work on getting the extra VB =]

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Hello Elder Gods.. I'm looking to pick up Raiden so I've been learning his combos and while learning number 11 on the Midscreen list I found out that you kan actually land the 4 at the end before the superman but I haven't quite figured out the timing though.

Midscreen: B3 1 2, F F, Shocker, F2 Vicinity Blast, F F, 3 3 4 Superman. (39%)

...and in case any of you are wondering, yes this IS a Midscreen Kombo. At first I was beginning to doubt myself since I wasn't able to do it again but then I tried it a few more times and landed it twice more in the middle of the screen. Highest Meterless Midscreen on the list by the looks of it so that's pretty kool.

PS: Your Organization on this is Excellent B W1zZ! Made it really easy for me to find out which combos I wanted to use. =)

Oh and I think I saw some combos off by a margin.. I know XRAY Korner Kombo #1 was off. I got 49% instead of the 50%.

Edit: I'm getting the combo down a bit more consistently now so I think I'll just keep trying it during a match every time I land the B3 1 2 starter so eventually I kan get it down perfect.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Since I'm practicing these combos anyway I decided to check to see if every combo's damage was correct. I tested almost all of the (Midscreen) Kombos and the ones I didn't test I put them on the list as "Untested" so if it's not listed (and not a Korner Kombo) then it's correct. I'm having trouble landing F24 into special in the corner, if I get that down I'll probably test out the corner ones as well.

Midscreen
19: 32% If you take off the B3 at the end and just go straight into the Superman it does 31%
20: Untested. The timing seems like the version of the Midscreen Kombo #11 that I put.

Xray Midscreen
2: 42%
An alternative to 2 kould just be Kombo 1 with an alternate starter (334, F F, Shocker, F2, Vicinity Blast, F2 Xray. 44%) or better yet: 334, F F, Shocker, 334, Xray. 45%
I'd also like to add some with different starters:
121 Shocker, 334 Xray. 40% (I tried 121 Shocker, F2, Vicinity Blast, F F, F2 Xray 39% and 121 Shocker, F2, Vicinity Blast, F F, 334 Xray 40% but they're worse.)
F4, F F, Shocker, F2, Vicinity Blast, F F, F2 Xray. 41%

Air-To-Air
6: Untested.
7: Untested.
8: Untested.
10: Untested.

Anti Air
1: Untested.
4 & 5: Correct but negative edge was making me rage! lol..

Corner
All Untested.

Xray Corner
All Untested.

Here's one I saw Nivek do in the corner.

B312, 1 vicinity blast, 334, 33 shocker, 1212 superman. 39%

I'd end with F23 but whatever. Shoutouts to Nivek.

Here's a corner combo that follows the same layout as the rest of them. A little more difficult but not that hard.

B312, 4, 334, 33 shocker, F23 superman. 41%

[MENTION=7853]WaweR[/MENTION] Accidentally thanked your post when I tried to reply lol.