What's new

Breakthrough - Raiden Raiden - b2 overhead launcher option select - From -63 to -7 on block.

wait if it was -7 it would have been punished by the spin. It is a little safer than that. Test this properly by setting the cpu to always block and ex spin as reversal.

if it's really minus 7 then youre prob doing the spin too late.

nugava

Noob
wait if it was -7 it would have been punished by the spin. It is a little safer than that. Test this properly by setting the cpu to always block and ex spin as reversal.

if it's really minus 7 then youre prob doing the spin too late.
Isn't EX Spin 7f ? (Not Tempest.) Sorry if I did it wrong. I'll recheck that later.2

How viable is this in actual match up with someone. It almost seems like you have to have unreal reaction after the first hit to know to cancel or already know there going to block. But I guess if your using this as a bait it would be good especially if they try to reverse with something un-safe.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I thought they already said they were going to patch out all the option selects.
why would they do that? and i don't recall anyone saying this, and if they do they might be referring to something else. Option selects are great and separate the top players from everyone else, learn them.

Isn't EX Spin 7f ? (Not Tempest.) Sorry if I did it wrong. I'll recheck that later.2
I dont hve access to the game until friday but if the recent changes apply to the ex spin as well then yes it would be 7 frames and if raidens move is -7 it should be punished by the spin as a reversal.

why would they do that? and i don't recall anyone saying this, and if they do they might be referring to something else. Option selects are great and separate the top players from everyone else, learn them.
Option selects do not seperate the good players from the bad, its not like a bad player wouldnt know about OS necessarily. And the reason is obvious it makes certain overhead or lows safe, so it has a huge influence on how good characters are. I have not heard of these option selects being patched though, I dont know where he heard it from.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Option selects do not seperate the good players from the bad, its not like a bad player wouldnt know about OS necessarily. And the reason is obvious it makes certain overhead or lows safe, so it has a huge influence on how good characters are. I have not heard of these option selects being patched though, I dont know where he heard it from.
Option selects do Separate players, OS's are another tool discovered to give an edge while fighting. its increasing the skill gap when a player who has found an OS can safely do what the same character in another's hands cannot. playing the character at its fullest potential always separates good players from the bad. just my opinion, man.

nugava

Noob
I dont hve access to the game until friday but if the recent changes apply to the ex spin as well then yes it would be 7 frames and if raidens move is -7 it should be punished by the spin as a reversal.
Just tested EX spin on reversal mode... Does not punish df2 Shocker.

nugava

Noob
How viable is this in actual match up with someone. It almost seems like you have to have unreal reaction after the first hit to know to cancel or already know there going to block. But I guess if your using this as a bait it would be good especially if they try to reverse with something un-safe.
The thing is: You don't need to react (That's impossible). If you time the df2 after the b2, correctly, df2 will only come out on block.