What's new

General/Other - Raiden Raiden 3 in 1 - Closer Look

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Sit back and enjoy the show.:p

Raiden is a character with different toolsets to be a very efective setup based fighter, he can control a lot of space in each one of his variations, in some more efective than in the others. One of his Special moves gains a multi-task option in the Storm Lord Variation, just like Sub-Zero's Polar Blast, becomes a Clone Detonator in Grandmaster Variation (further explanation below).

Raiden also can MB all his special moves or alter specific special moves proprieties, and they're no short at all, i think he matches the same or almost the same ammount of universal special moves Scorpion has.

All EX (MB) moves are in ( ), all technical description in detail are in "".

Universal Moves (They're not Variant dependant)​

Lightning Bolt: " Fires a lightning projectile to the opponent, probably staggers on hit, it can be charged".

Overcharged Bolt:" Hold the button while perfoming lightning bolt for a more powerful bolt, it does launches the opponent in air and allows followups juggles".

(Lightning Orb): " The Ex Version of Lightining bolt will travel a considerable distance then it will stop midway to keep opponents to get in for a while, seems like a good tool to prepare setups".

Flying Thunder God: " Traditional corner carry move, can also be done in air".

(Displacer Thunder God): "Flying Thunder God can be Meterburned post use, raiden uses a bar of meter to enter into light speed and do some adictional damage. My Guess is this move might also be Meterburned upon execution(EX'd) as well, to get the armor.

Jumping Thunder God: " Raiden jump diagonally with his Flying Thunder God move, its entirely new in the series. This is the new Raiden's AA btw".

(Hammer of Thunder God): " The EX Version allows for more juggle, as Raiden performs a bound attack in the opponent during the move.

Shocker: "Unlike in MK9, Shocker in MKX doesn't grants juggle." Remember that i used to AA ppl with shocker and ex Shocker in MK9, in MKX shocker seems to be more an ender move than a combo filler or combo starter.

(Eletrocution): "The EX version of Shocker, has juggle capacity, and is even better than mk9 shocker and ex shocker juggle capacity"

Vicinity Blast: "This Special move is universal and has multi-task use (gif with further explanation below)"

(Vicinity Brust): "If you compare with MK9 Vicinity Blast and Vicinity Brust, you will see that the animation was updated, and also now, the move do have a blast radius around the whole raiden's body, which means it does hits in anywhere near him, Vinicinity brust does grants juggle, in MK9 was a ender with no particular use at all, only the normal version was used for combo fillers or meter building.

Now this is what is added with the variations:
- Thunder God -

Visual Difference: Raiden mid-part of his body (chest, arms) is filled with electricity.

Ability: Adds eletrocution strings into raiden's moveset.

Eletrocution strings: I did gif'd some of them, raiden can auto-teleport with some of these strings so it seems.

- Displacer -
Visual difference: Raiden's mid and lower part of his body are filled with electricity.

Ability: Adds teleportation (From Behind, In Front, Behind (far) and in front (close))

Teleport Behind (close): Raiden teleports behind his opponent but really close, he can also appear a bit further away from the same teleport.

Teleport Behind far is in the video, the image slots of TYM only allows 20 images so i couldn't put it in, check the video on the 01:15 mark, he does a teleport behind (far) option to use the interactible.
Teleport In Front: Raiden teleports in front of his opponent, Ares could teleport in front but away from his opponents, so this might be possible in MKX as well with Raiden.

Delayed Teleport: Raiden can delay any of his teleport at the cost of meter which takes longer to appear and can be tough to guess where he is.

Note:
Why any? Kotal player definitely though he would come from front, at least that was the point i took from the video, and from the attack there is a possibility he can appear anywhere, if not then what's the point of this teleport? Timer Scam techs?

- Storm Lord -
Visual Difference: Raiden's entire body is filled with electricity
Ability: Gains ability to setup traps with foating orbs (Close, Above, far etc).

Floating Orbs and Interconnection:

I did reard before somehwere, someone said raiden traps might take some time to set it up, well, i don't think that is entirely true, the moment a orb is placed on screen a setup is ready, if you don't do anything about it then he will start to get dificult to deal with raiden.

From the looks of it, his orbs still do damage if you get near him, so the moment you let him place one orb on the screen the situation basically changes a bit to raiden's favor, because that is a space his orb is ocupying and his zoning game develops from there, if he places another orb then he is able to control even more space, and then he can inter-connect them whenever he wants with the vicinity blast move, or even use the vicinity blast move alone without if both orbs are not at display.

Floating orb (In Front): Raiden places a electric orb in his front, this stops his opponents to get near him this way initially.

Floating Orb (above): Raiden places a orb above his head

Vicinity Blast (Interconnection): This move, i said before to have a multi-task function, well here it is, vicinity blast will interconnect two floating orbs with lightning only in storm lord variation.

Note: Just exactly as Sub-Zero Polar Blast move, that allows him to detonate his clone, since polar blast and the clone can coexist at same time, the clone is detonated, in here, NRS took closely the same approach, if there is two floating orbs in the screen and vicinity blast is used, near one of them, the move will interconect them creating a electric field.

X-Ray: Shock Theraphy "Hits in both sides"
(Gif is not loading, once it does i will update the thread)

It seems every X-Ray i have brokendown so far has his own way of use, Raiden hits in both sides, Sub-Zero Freezes anyone near him before attacking, Scorpion can choose directions, and Cassie Cartwheels torwards her opponent.

Personal Note: If you compare this raiden with MK9 raiden, you will see that MK9 raiden is bland as fuck lol.
With this i stand for my beliefs, NRS is build variations around characters special moves and strings, and carefully adding the variations, i do not feel bad that only displacer is able to teleport, i'm 100% fine with this, if you see the ammount of special moves NRS gave him, why would he need to teleport in all his variations?

Any of this raiden's with their special moves alone are strong, same as scorpion, the variations are just the tip of the cake, NRS took the teleport concept and elevated to a whole new level, it couldn't be a universal move, not only that, his powers alone are in another level, displacer will be good, but Storm Lord and Thunder God will be equaly good IMO.

Gifs by eddy wang, didn't put the visual differences because there was no slot of image for it, so sorry about that, i also felt they're not that important at all.

now a take on Sekter HengLeech:
OMG DIZPLACERR RAIDA IZ AWEZOEM, DHEI WAHNG MAIN
:DOGE

Happy Wednesday everyone

@Solid @Xmeek @BW11z @Johny2d @Anyone that likes raiden

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
TYM Threads only allows 20 images at the time, sorry for the missing ones, i still wanted to add some cool strings

there is going to be 0 knockdown pressure on this character in displacer, especially with that ex vicinity burst move. the ability to charge his fireball intrigues me and also his anti-air superman. need to know more about lightning traps

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
i like how it looks like his vicinity blast connects the orbs in storm lord, its like how mileenas b2 changed her bf2 move and gave it more damage. looks like once he has 2 orbs on the screen he can anti-air vicinity blast and doesn't even have to time is accurately because the orbs will link and they'll right into his electric spider web:joker:

I really hope Raiden has standard teleport in every variation and the buffed up teleports are only for Displacer Var.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I really hope Raiden has standard teleport in every variation and the buffed up teleports are only for Displacer Var.
Still have to appeal to the casuals. He'll have his teleport in all variations I'm sure, but in Displacer it'll be safe/faster/buffed/etc.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
i just noticed that the ground crackles with electricity under Raiden in most of these GIFs, i wonder how that'll work with watery stages like the jungle...

nugava

Noob
What are the inputs of the teleports ? I bet du, dub, duf and dud... I would rather have a db3 kind of inputs in addition to the classic du...