What's new

RA HELIOS BEATS GGA MAX 10-0 MU PROVEN UNWINNABLE

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
First Major/tournament in general this weekend. How do you conquer nerves
Have this in your mind.

EAT,SLEEP,CONQUER EVERYONE IN THE TOURNAMENT, REPEAT!!!!!!

Or that doesn't work take deep breath and control your nerves. That what I did when I played Rm when I was in the clan battle

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
First Major/tournament in general this weekend. How do you conquer nerves
It's tough man but you just gotta work through it. First of all make sure you are used to ASUS monitor because that's what they use in tournament. If you aren't used to playing on ASUS you are going to drop a lot of combos during tournament and get frustrated and just start playing worse. If you are used to ASUS it's going to feel like playing at home while you're in your tournament matches.
Also what some people like to do is wear headphones and listen to music while they play so they don't hear the crowd and commotion

It's tough man but you just gotta work through it. First of all make sure you are used to ASUS monitor because that's what they use in tournament. If you aren't used to playing on ASUS you are going to drop a lot of combos during tournament and get frustrated and just start playing worse. If you are used to ASUS it's going to feel like playing at home while you're in your tournament matches.
Also what some people like to do is wear headphones and listen to music while they play so they don't hear the crowd and commotion
I love the crowd/ commotion, I feed off of that #YEEAAAPPP also I need to hear DJT in the background coaching as well :p

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I guess the only tournament where this would be possible would be maybe NEC or winter brawl in Philadelphia. So you can't start driving until sundown? or you can't compete until sundown?
it depends what religion @Ra Helios is (not asking him to say which) but if hes Jewish he can't use tech on the sabbath. In NYC certain buildings from friday sun down till saturday have elevators stop on every floor so someone who is Jewish doesn't have to press the button. Also I wouldn't post what religion i am or not on this site to many fucking dummies will say some stupid shit IMO. But yeah if he is he needs to be placed in a latter bracket because IMO he has a REAL EXCUSE and if he went to NEC and i was him i would reach out to a TO via PM or DM on twitter in regards to his request. Not saying they will grant it being others will try to pull the same move hoping to save money on a hotel. Gotta love this community :p

it depends what religion @Ra Helios is (not asking him to say which) but if hes Jewish he can't use tech on the sabbath. In NYC certain buildings from friday sun down till saturday have elevators stop on every floor so someone who is Jewish doesn't have to press the button. Also I wouldn't post what religion i am or not on this site to many fucking dummies will say some stupid shit IMO. But yeah if he is he needs to be placed in a latter bracket because IMO he has a REAL EXCUSE and if he went to NEC and i was him i would reach out to a TO via PM or DM on twitter in regards to his request. Not saying they will grant it being others will try to pull the same move hoping to save money on a hotel. Gotta love this community :p
Ra helios does his own thing and reads the bible. Most of what's in the old testament reflects what the jewish religion teaches, and that's why his day of the sabath is saturday. He posted before that between friday sundown and saturday sundown he needs to only study the bible, and the only thing he watches relates to teachings in the bible.

I can talk to Big E this weekend if Ra Helios gives me the ok. I'm sure he'll understand and make the accommodations for him. This also depends if helios is allowed to drive before sundown on saturday. IDK how long the trip from maryland to philly is.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Ra helios does his own thing and reads the bible. Most of what's in the old testament reflects what the jewish religion teaches, and that's why his day of the sabath is saturday. He posted before that between friday sundown and saturday sundown he needs to only study the bible, and the only thing he watches relates to teachings in the bible.

I can talk to Big E this weekend if Ra Helios gives me the ok. I'm sure he'll understand and make the accommodations for him. This also depends if helios is allowed to drive before sundown on saturday. IDK how long the trip from maryland to philly is.
True...(don't want to get banned for speaking about this on here but your 100 percent correct).

Dam you reminded me. I gotta pre-reg and book my hotel for NEC ASAP can't believe its coming up so fast.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I love the crowd/ commotion, I feed off of that #YEEAAAPPP also I need to hear DJT in the background coaching as well :p
Yeah I used to always listen to music at tournies, then UFGT9 I finally tried playing without music for the first time and just listened to the crowd and I liked it a lot better. It's fun hearing the cheering and what the crowd has to say lol

E

Eldriken

I didn't hear a damn thing at CEO. It was insane. I figured my nerves would be shot to no end and I wouldn't be able to focus due to the noise from the crowd. I saw and heard NOTHING but the game the entire time I was playing at CEO. It didn't matter if it was casuals or an actual tournament match.

It was 100% tunnel vision. :confused:

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
It was 100% tunnel vision. :confused:
I would make a joke about doomsday players but you already made one.

Ah dang it Eldriken the low route is too tempting for me. Jokes aside, I have been to tournaments and it is a wrack of nerves. I always imagined my opponents as monsters and painted them villainous. That isn't quite fair to opponent but it helped me create a target to focus on. I went to chess tournaments though you have quite a lot more time to calm yourself down and the psychology of the game isn't as important as just being better than your opponent skill-wise.

E

Eldriken

I would make a joke about doomsday players but you already made one.

Ah dang it Eldriken the low route is too tempting for me. Jokes aside, I have been to tournaments and it is a wrack of nerves. I always imagined my opponents as monsters and painted them villainous. That isn't quite fair to opponent but it helped me create target to focus on. I went to chess tournaments though you have quite a lot more time to calm yourself down and the psychology of the game isn't as important as just being better than your opponent skill-wise.
It wasn't a joke at all. =P I was just far more focused than I thought I would have been. I completely tuned out every sound in the venue other than the game.

I was nervous as HELL as soon as the pools got posted and I saw that FloE was my first opponent. I mean, I got really, really nerve wracked. I was like, "I'm fucked! I'm fucked!" because I know he plays UMvC3 and Street Fighter, so I figured despite him having just picked up the game not too long ago that he was probably going to be good at it. Him using Batgirl wasn't helping my situation any, either.

But then everyone on here was like, "...dude, FloE is garbage at this game. You're going to destroy (HURRR DOOMSDAY JOKE) him!" After that, I was completely calm and remained that way from the time I arrived at the venue up until my time there was done.