What's new

Quick Grundy tip - How to blow up walking corpse

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
So what you do is input b12 when he inputs walking corpse.

He absorbs the b1, then for some reason when your 2 comes out, it goes under his walking corpse and completely knocks him out of it.

I don't know why this works, but my room mate plays grundy and he was pissed. lol

BGMD

Noob
When I was practicing with b12, I recorded Grundy to cancel WC into 112 and d2, and I would often get hit... I guess it depends how you time it because of gap in the string

I found that 113 does the same thing, only it's little harder to time it... you must do it when he's right in your face
it beats both regular and canceled version and is hit confirmable into full combo

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Yeah. This tactic is best used for if he inputs walking corpse on wakeup. It's more of a read than it is a reaction.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
If we crack this, Grundy doesn't have much else against Lobo. We find something we can do on reaction and we are that much closer to proving that Grundy does indeed, stop...

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
True, but there are some attacks that ignore the grab animation also, evne though their feet don't leave the ground. b+1,2 appears to be one of them. What we need to find is attack(s) that ignore WC in the first few frames, so we'd be able to use it on reaction to his walk.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Does Grundy have any other wake up options that he could try? I think if we find out what works against WC, that would greatly put this match up our favor heavily. Grundy must Die....

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Welp. I tried it out. Grundy ate the first hit, canceled his WC then landed the first hit of a full combo before the second hit of Lobo's string came out.
Grundy confirmed for S+.

BGMD

Noob
Definitely a good idea. But I've tried 113 a million times on my room mate and I think it's worked once. Even b12 and b2u1 have to be timed properly and they don't come out every time. But yeah if you can get the timing down for 113, that would most definitely be the best option.
I don't want to derail Grundy thread with Lobo stuff, so I'm quoting you here.

You are talking about non-canceled version, right? I wish I have some means to record it, doing it like 5 times in a row lol.
I agree it's a different in a match (let alone in tourney setting), and I forgot to mention it's distance dependent, so you react according to animations. Personally would never use it from max corpse distance.
I definitely agree it shouldn't be overused or yolo.
If he cancel it into something it's a guaranteed hit, none of Grundy's stuff comes out fast enough.

little more testing - from far to max corpse range, f213 beats it also (f2 hits him out of grab animation, armor stops being active or makes him miss the grab)

BGMD

Noob
I'm interested, those of you with more Grundy experience, how do they approach Lobo since he has no zoning options against him and lack of proper armor? Do they abuse walking corpse?

PressBackToBlock

Always back the underdog
I had never actually come up against a Grundy, and wondered whether a thread to beat him is actually appropriate... but after playing a few games against him, I can completely see why... this MU is difficult.

BGMD

Noob
lol I'm not trying to be condescending. He raises arms from certain distances (a.k.a. training mode distance), you can't expect it to be same at other ranges.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Doesn't matter. If you look close, I'm waiting for the arms. If he raises his arms, he's in range to grab me. That means he's in range for my b+2. He can't be braindead with it anymore.