What's new

Question - Quan Chi Quan Chi's "2nd Fatality" actually one of his Brutalities?

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
Hello TYM. I've enjoyed visiting this site for a while now, so I officially became a member to truly become a part of the community. This is my very first post, so I wanted to contribute something to the forums that no one else has seem to have thought of.

We've seen Brutalities in MKX and how they work at this point, and we know they work differently from how they did in MKT. In the Mortal Kombat X-Next Trailer from the first week of February, we saw various clips of gameplay while the Netherrealm staff discussed the game. One thing we noticed was what appeared to be Quan Chi's second Fatality (Seen very quickly in the video at 3:20).

But, in all of the fatalities we've see so far, the view changes and zooms in on the action while the fatality is performed. But with brutalities, the camera stays the same as regular gameplay, but slows down a bit and the lighting darkens just slightly. If you look at the image, it looks more similar to the Brutalities we've seen so far than any Fatality. Tell me what you guys think...
(Picture comparison to his other Brutality)

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
The cam is too close, so I think it is in fact a fatality.
The camera zooms in during Kung Lao's throw/throw into Brutality as well though. I don't think there any other throws that zoom in close the way Kung Lao's does because after watching a gameplay video of Ferra/Torr vs. Sub-Zero, F/T's throw looks like how a throw would "normally" look. Saying that to say I feel it is was a Fatality, the camera would be a little closer to focus on the detail and gore.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
The camera zooms in during Kung Lao's throw/throw into Brutality as well though. I don't think there any other throws that zoom in close the way Kung Lao's does because after watching a gameplay video of Ferra/Torr vs. Sub-Zero, F/T's throw looks like how a throw would "normally" look. Saying that to say I feel it is was a Fatality, the camera would be a little closer to focus on the detail and gore.
Good answer, to be honest it could be a brutality, but aside from the zoom effect the backround it too dark imo. Anyway it's a hard guess and you made a valid point.

Dark

Noob
The lighting looks changed and it seems pretty cinematic, so I think it's a fatality.

But if it is a brutality, which move do you think it'd come from?

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
The lighting looks changed and it seems pretty cinematic, so I think it's a fatality.

But if it is a brutality, which move do you think it'd come from?
Probably something from his "Warlock" variation, because that is the variation that focuses on creating portals. I don't think we've seen every character's special moves, even the ones they've demonstrated on stream. Now I could be completely wrong, but a have a feeling this could a Brutality instead of a Fatality. Netherrealm is very smart when it comes to their reveals. These "leaks" in the videos are specially crafted to throw us off. They've only revealed one Fatality per character so far, so I don't think they would leak the second Fatality of a character on purpose.... They may only make us THINK they did.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Brutalitys seem to all be Super Version of special moves/throws.

And we already seen Quans port throw
there is not other special move this could be off

The Other portal grab can be full screen so it cant be that