Quan Chi Matchup Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Quan Chi' started by Konqrr, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut Kryptonian General - Kneel Before Me

Counter pick me or stay free lol

seriously jokes aside its 7-3 bad

2. STB Shujinkydink

STB Shujinkydink The Sultan of Swag

im hesitant to say its a 7-3 simply because of the rune trap factor, but its just so difficult to get in that even that doesnt seem like enough in this MU.

staying sweep distance and timing a spot to get in is all I can think of. Armoring through RK with skydrop isnt always a bad idea either, and leaves you fairly close

3. KingRey

KingRey Noob

Next topic Quan vs Shang........GO!

4. STB Shujinkydink

It's hard.those upskull traps are nearly impossible to get out of unless you want to try your luck with ex skydrop. Midscreen is ok because of trance trades with fireballs but if trance is blocked your going for a ride. 6-4 shang

5. How in the tits is Liu a 3-7? I think it's a lot easier than Sonya which is another 3-7

6. Insuperable

Insuperable My mom tells me I'm pretty

The difference is that Sonya vs Quan is only 3-7 because of rune trap. Without it, it would be 2-8 ;_; Liu vs Quan is based on all of his tools

7. DemoniChris

DemoniChris Lord of the Sick

I think if you grind this matchup enough it becomes 6-4 Liu. He has incredible pressure, still, and you simply cannot out zone him. Trance trades with fireball are really handy in this one

STB Shujinkydink likes this.
  8. SLy

SLy Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

PSN:
    SlyLike
    Quan chi vs Raiden???

9. DemoniChris

DemoniChris Lord of the Sick

5-5

10. Durango

Durango Stop Freezing Yourself

I don't see how Quan Chi's only 6-4 against Sub-Zero. There's not much Subby can do to him mid-screen. Trade ice with skulls or punish with slide and that's about it. Trance-baiting and free whiffed teleports that can't be punished makes him more like 7-3 at the least.

11. Rude

Rude You will serve me in The Netherrealm

Sub can punish a whiffed teleport. Easily.

12. Primal Raptor

Primal Raptor Quan-Cheesy

All of these match ups that are positive are true, and people arguing against that clearly don't understand the power of d2.

13. SCK ERR0R MACR0

SCK ERR0R MACR0 Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

Sub can punish whiffed teles with 22~full combo or pressure set up.

The Kenshi Quan match up sucks lol. There's really nothing he can do. You have to make reads and gamble. If you're luck enough to hold onto your meter and make a couple of good guesses, you can take a match. It's an uphill battle all the way. If you get cornered and constant pressure, ES Telestomp is your friend.

14. STB Shujinkydink

Never underestimate the power of a patient sub zero. If he gets the life lead it's really hard

15. Primal Raptor

Primal Raptor Quan-Cheesy

Quan Chi is highly aggressive, so yeah, that's a very valid point.

STB Shujinkydink likes this.