What's new

Quad Modding a Stick? (XBOX 360/PS3/XB1/PS4)

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
It was confirmed that neither the XB1 nor PS4 would be compatible with current Gen peripherals.

I don't want to have to buy a new stick or have to carry around multiple sticks to be able to play games on current gen and next gen consoles. fuck that noise.

So, how possible would it be to mod my current stick (a Qanba Q4) to be compatible with all 4 systems? It comes stock dual modded if that makes any difference.

Tim Static

Adminerator
YWon't know till these products get into the hands of the general public. It may be late winter/spring 2014 before anything is known 100%

Besides outside of KI3, there might not even be a reason to have a dual modded stick for next gen for anytime till 2014.

Sent from The Turk

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
mmmmm, could be awhile before something like this is possible, might be looking at a big ass stick to hold the shit you will need as well. def won't be easy to do right off the bat, I wonder if they will sell a wired Xbox1 controller, would be easy enough to use the PCB from one of those to at least make a working stick if you have extra stuff laying around.

Tim Static

Adminerator
mmmmm, could be awhile before something like this is possible, might be looking at a big ass stick to hold the shit you will need as well. def won't be easy to do right off the bat, I wonder if they will sell a wired Xbox1 controller, would be easy enough to use the PCB from one of those to at least make a working stick if you have extra stuff laying around.
MadCatz will have a fight stick available at launch of Xbone, most likely a KI3 themed. I'm sure that PCB will be able to be used, but yea, its gonna take some good time for the tech guys to figure that out.

Sent from The Turk

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
MadCatz will have a fight stick available at launch of Xbone, most likely a KI3 themed. I'm sure that PCB will be able to be used, but yea, its gonna take some good time for the tech guys to figure that out.

Sent from The Turk

Yah I was just thinking of an option that wont cost me 170 bucks,

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I think we should wait and see what Qanba's plans are for next gen platforms. I got the Chun-Li TES for PS3 not realizing how much harder it is to get a 360 PCB modded in than the other way round. Knowing my luck I'll get an XB1 stick and it'll be the PS4 thats a super proprietary ass. :(

Don't forget PC. 5mod.
Or the Wii-U. Look at TVC, you never know. Hexa-mod. :p

Justice

Noob
I wouldn't worry about it right away. Other than Killer Instinct, there's no major games being announced yet.

Catnip_Her0

Burn It Down
I feel u man I'm ready to get back to old school fuck this pad shit lol but unless they come out with a new mk x stick I'm gonna go with hori rap v4. So far I've seen 140 to mod for 1 next gen system and 260 for both which is kinda high. I think it is don't know about other peeps. Time to learn how to solder I guess lol.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
You can make your own ps3/xbox360 to ps4 or xb1 convertor. You need two things: 1: Undamned USB decoder (http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/undamned-usb-decoder/1491-undamned-usb-decoder.html) and 2: a common ground licesenced controller to hack and piggyback to the encoder (for PS4 Hori FC4 http://www.play-asia.com/fighting-commander-4-paOS-13-49-en-70-7sn9.html for xbox one http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/accessories/rock-candy-xbox-one-wired-controller-blue/117293). This will give you a convertor that accepts either ps3 or xbox 360 controllers. Since you are using licensed controllers as the piggyback pcb, you do not have to worry about your convertor being patch out in a firmware update. Since this contains no macros, it is tournament legal.

If you want to dual mod your stick just use the pad pcbs I mentioned earlier.

On the price of quad modding, the price is high because the modder is assuming he will supply the pcbs. If you provide the pcbs I am pretty sure the price drops $50 for every pcb you provide.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I might just do pad for x1/ps4 to be honest... unless NRS programs MKX to allow 360/ps3 madcatz sticks, I have no options nor do I care to travel with two sticks. @colt

Catnip_Her0

Burn It Down
Does anyone have a stick with a ps360+ pcb ? I heard you can update the firmware and it will work on ps4 and xbone but have yet to get a response from anyone about this.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Does anyone have a stick with a ps360+ pcb ? I heard you can update the firmware and it will work on ps4 and xbone but have yet to get a response from anyone about this.
It will work for 8 minutes at a time, at that time the ps4 will request an authentication protocol via bluetooth. Since the ps360+ is not an officially licensed pcb and does not have an onboard bluetooth transmitter to transmit the authorization protocol, the ps4 stops registering the ps360+ as a controller. The workaround is to soft reset the pcb before the 8 min check. If your in the middle of a match this can be a pain. You would have to soft reset between rounds. Too much of a risk and not worth it as a your sole pcb for ps4. You are better off dual modding or making a convertor with the hori fight commander 4 pcb.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
It will work for 8 minutes at a time, at that time the ps4 will request an authentication protocol via bluetooth. Since the ps360+ is not an officially licensed pcb and does not have an onboard bluetooth transmitter to transmit the authorization protocol, the ps4 stops registering the ps360+ as a controller. The workaround is to soft reset the pcb before the 8 min check. If your in the middle of a match this can be a pain. You would have to soft reset between rounds. Too much of a risk and not worth it as a your sole pcb for ps4. You are better off dual modding or making a convertor with the hori fight commander 4 pcb.
Is there a tutorial on how to make a convertor with the hori fight commander 4 pcb? And would it work with both the PS4 and Xbone?

Edit: Just saw the post a few replies above, my bad!
Doube Edit: Yeah, I'm a newb... I'm still clueless. Help?

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
@chemist4hire You seem to be very impressively knowledgable on the subject of sticks, and modding etc. I have a question:
I have a hitbox, and I like it. In-fact I want to replicate it; could I just buy the Sanwa buttons, wires and make my own case but just use the PS4 pcb in it?