What's new

PS3 error 80710736. Someone please help.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
My system plays fine. I've connected wireless and wired to 2 different services.

But I can NOT download the patch for Injustice. It gets to 3% and then I get an error 80710736. I've looked up guides on changing DNS settings but nothing is helping me.

Can anyone help with this?

Under_The_Mayo
Googled it.

Also, some quotations:
hiptechboy said:
Your using wireless aren't you? It seems like your PS3 is losing your router's signal which is causing you to get disconnected. Try moving either the PS3 or router closer and see if you still get disconnected. You could also try using an ethernet cable.
ERASER_619 said:
I was getting the same thing today. From my understanding as of now, white hat hackers found an opening and informed Playstation of it. I believe that is why it's down now. Any info would be great. I'm tired of working on my router to fix the issue.
PeachyPanda said:
PS3 80710736 Error Code: knowing the source of the problem
When you receive ps3 80710736 (against your will. :( ), what it means is that your network has timed out. There maybe different reasons for this to occur. The network source where you're getting or downloading from may have suddenly becomes unavailable for a short, temporary period. This specially happens when too many users are trying to download from the same source at the same time.

You can get around ps3 80710736 by either retrying your download several times, or you may also want to do those patching at a later time when the servers are more free and unclogged.

If this error happens to you most of the time, then there maybe a problem with your router, network configurations, or the Internet Service Provider itself. Some really serious gamers try bringing their ps3 console to a friend's house, and surprisingly, the moment they plugged in their unit to the modem or router, all downloads are successful and complete! At this point, you may have to turn to your router or Internet connection as the possible culprit and cause of ps3 80710736.

That video makes no sense because it says you can go in and change the whole dns number, when you can only edit 4 digits.
Perhaps the quotations I put up in the second post will be of assistance?

Either way, I've never had to deal with this problem before. I'm sorry to see it troubling your PS3. :(

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Under_The_Mayo
As far as I know, error 80710736 means that your "network time" is out. It could a problem with your internet connection or even that too many people are trying to download the patch at the same time.

Try opening the PS3 related ports.

My system plays fine. I've connected wireless and wired to 2 different services.

But I can NOT download the patch for Injustice. It gets to 3% and then I get an error 80710736. I've looked up guides on changing DNS settings but nothing is helping me.

Can anyone help with this?
i had trouble d/ling games from the psn store until i found this fix : network settings>internet connection settings>custom>(method)>auto-detect>automatic>do not set>manual> primary dns *set to 8.8.8.8* secondary dns *set to 8.8.8.4*>do not use>enable> save settings and try that

might work for you, might not but its easy to do and easy to set back to default