PS Vita: Exclusive MK9 Costumes Trailer

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by STORMS, Apr 23, 2012.

• by STORMS, Apr 23, 2012 at 10:23 AM
  • STORMS

STORMS "I said... shake, rattle and roll!" Staff Member

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    For those eagerly awaiting to see more of the alternate costumes for Mortal Kombat 9 on the Playstation Vita, today over at GameTrailers.com they have a surprise for you. They have a short, but sweet :52 second Vita Exclusive costumes trailer that features the following skins: Smoke UMK3, Ermac UMK3, Noob UMK3, Rain UMK3, Sub-Zero Masked UMK3, Reptile UMK3, Scorpion MK2, Reptile MK2, Kenshi's Vita Alternate, Ermac MK2, Sub-Zero MK2 and Scorpion UMK3.

If you weren't getting the Vita before, is your mind changed a bit now?

Check out the trailer HERE!
    YT Version thanks to C-Sword

vitareptile.jpg
    Credits: Noob+Saibot via TRMK
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by STORMS, Apr 23, 2012.

1. GambitTheFirst
    [​IMG]
    Art Killer B, Bidu, daryui and 10 others like this.
  2. Deftonesrc
    The ability to play MK anywhere is quite a selling point I must say. The costumes are just an added bonus. .. But the price for this, not sure if I'm willing to top ramen it up for the sake of MK on an airplane.
  3. GrandMasterson
    Why do you people keep badmouthing NRS?

I've said this multiple times: NRS is under WB now. Ed Boon doesn't get to do whatever he wants, he has a boss to answer to. You guys have to remember that WB is in bed with Sony, and I'm 100% certain that's why console players are getting the shaft right now. WB is calling the shots, not NRS.
  4. Deftonesrc
    Most likely. I think its kinda silly to make statements when you don't know the whole story, it leads to mindless flame wars. I just figure there are contracts and such that dictate. Also, it doesn't make much sense to just port it without any lure.

Market demand will ultimately dictate if these come to PS3, but I would say partitioning resources to that endeavor is not fiscally worthwhile. Remains to be seen though. . .
  5. C-Sword
    I just put the video on youtube, f*ck GT lol

6. Vito DeVito
    I have a vita and I will be getting this on day one if anyone is interested my psn is vito_devito. Can't wait. And have some faith guys. I think nrs will put out more costume packs this summer for consoles. Its extra money in their pockets for minimal work. No brainer.
    gatesrex91 likes this.
  7. Verstande
    You can't play with a stick on the vita..........if that's the case, there's no reason for me to buy one.
  8. C-Sword
    You can

9. RagingNight
    are people really angry that sony moneyhatted NRS to make MK9 on the vita with exclusive features? I bet these same people would be pissed if these were dlc down the line because "OMG THEY WEREN'T IN THE KOMPLETE EDITION?!"

Fuck off seriously.
  10. TrickyLizard
    OMFG I may pick Reptile back up again...:oops:
  11. AR-15
    LOL WOW any1 using a pad to play on the vita needs to get slapped Rick James style no questions asked! smdh...
    Ron Ceballos likes this.
  12. Matix218
    How insane would it be if the online for the Vita was God like and we all end up using it to play online mk9 (including stick players because clearly it is possible to use a stick with it). Although I bet it wont be any better and will still lag but I can at least dream! ^_^
  13. K.O.E_18
    NRS I swear if you shaft the community & we don't see these costumes on consoles....!
    TrickyLizard likes this.
  14. bloodsport
    cool costumes. i don't care if the costumes don't make it to consoles, just as long as the patch MK is supposedly going to get on the vita does. unless that fix is just a rumor, then it's whatever lol.
  15. Gengar
    there is no way in hell that NRS is gonna be willing to lose that much profit by making all of these costumes exclusive to ONLY the vita. sure, they will be exclusive at launch, and we probably wil have to wait a month or so to get them to consoles. the number of people that are NOT making the swap to a vita, yet still want the costumes is huge. NRS will lose out on so much, and the vita is honestly not gonna get that many more sales because of this. be patient my friends. we will have them.
  16. Prinz
    Stop blaming NRS for not porting costumes. It's WB now, it's corporate. The corporation won't port any costumes to the consoles knowing that fans would buy the Vita only for them. Imagine tomorrow breaking news come out: In july new DLC costumes for MK9 on consoles! I bet a lot of people would reconsider buying the vita, only those who want the game in the bus/car/airplane/work would buy it. So stop writing "NRS give us costumes!". The hotfix, however, the devs said they might be working by themselves, which does not involve any WB's. Lets hope this comes out and we get rid of some issues (although the biggest problems are the input bug and meter drain, which I guess are not fixable via hotfix) and some frame data changes for Jade (yeah, I'm very biased :) ).
    TrickyLizard likes this.
  17. exyle
    I'm getting it either way.
    TrickyLizard likes this.
  18. Angel Oleander
    This, I hope. My broke ass can't afford a Vita. I can, however, scrounge for new suits.

MK2 Ermac makes no sense at all.
    Why are the only people getting new alts the ninjas?
    Don't get me wrong, new suits are awesome no matter who's wearing them (especially if I can have MK2 & UMK3 Subby), but I'm hoping to see a few unique additions.
    MK4 Quan Chi? MKDA Raiden? CYBER SMOKE?
  19. gamemk

they need something to whore for mk10. do the costumes look cool? absolutely. did they probably see bleed's scorpion from mkhd remake and say "daamn"? probably.

but i hope they are fixing the gameplay in addition to implementing cool nods to the old series. my only beef is this: i tweeted boon (maybe i should have tweeted paulo or hector) about adding more cool shit like this. stuff like putting scorpion's spear back to a rope (as an option), or giving players the option to unlock (or pay for) the old sound fx, etc.... hopefully they will add some of this shit in mk10.

the biggest thing i want them to do is think outside of the damn box! look at how cool, and funny some of the costumes are for sf4. well, i want that for mk10. i wanted it for m9, but the biggest ones i want are these.

banana jax and sagat jax

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

old stryker.

and this for a kabal alt:

[​IMG]

NRS I WANT THESE COSTUMES! it's just a fun nod to the old concept art.
  20. MagicMan357
    As a matter of fact i wanted all this shit too lol, they should update with this stuff so the game can last longer
  21. Under_The_Mayo
    Looking forward to Quan Chi`s alternative costume as Kratos.
    Ron Ceballos, Gengar and SunnyD like this.
  22. KH_Captain
    ps pita lol
    how much is that thing like $300 gtfo
    Espio872 likes this.