What's new

Question - Erron Black Pros and Cons of each Variation?

Also describe what playstyle each variation is suited to. For instance, one variation might revolve around zoning while the other is reliant on in-your-face rushdown.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Outlaw:

Pros:
One of the best NJPs in the game
A superior version of Sand Gust
Tarkatan Blade gives him access to one of his best pokes in F2,2,2

Cons:
His worst variation in regards to zoning options

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Outlaw has the best armored move in EX sand toss. Also f22 is better than f24.

Marksman is well rounded. Can zone some matchups but has great rushdown

Gunslinger has the coolest moves and a cool hat. The rest is garbage in comparison

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Erron's core tools (the ones you mostly use anyway) are a mixed bag of full screen, mid screen and up close and they are all very good tools at that. Fortunately he retains all of them regardless of variation, so pick one that emphasises the game plan you prefer:

Do you want extra pressure/rushdown? Pick Outlaw

Do you want extra zoning synergy? Pick Gunslinger

Do you want 2 more powerful (but slower start-up) zoning tools and combo extenders? Pick Marksman.

Erron only gains from his variations, he doesn't lose a thing so there's absolutely no con to using whichever you want. Picked outlaw for extra rush down? Don't worry, you can still zone effectively with his low hitting, knockdown on hit, sand grenade. Picked Gunslinger for extra zoning? Don't worry, you can still pressure with F122, b3 , sand trap etc.

Last edited:

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Gunslinger is very much usable. I've been using it exclusively since day 1 and see no reason to change.

It is not as straight-forward to use as say Outlaw or even Marksman, but once you figure out the synergy potential with his existing moves it is incredibly useful.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Like @Pakman said, Erron is a jack-of-all-trades character. Regardless of your playstyle, Erron's got a variation that works for you.

I go for rushdown and in-your-face pressure, so Outlaw is a natural fit for me.