Prometheus

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Enenra, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Enenra

Enenra Go to hell.

XBL:
    l Enenra l
    I went to the midnight release of Prometheus, and it was a really good. I enjoyed the movie whole heartedly. If you like horror, sci fi, Aliens, or just good movies I'd see this.

It is an Alien prequel, but happens before the Alien... Watch the movie to find out what I'm talking about. It all relates.

4/5, I'll go more in depth as people have time to see the movie. Do it, it's a good time.

Lt. Box SunnyD Temjiin Sgt Reed 24
    DanCock, Temjiin, Sgt Reed 24 and 2 others like this.
  2. STB Sgt Reed

STB Sgt Reed Online Warrior

I've never seen the alien movies... do you need to see those to know what's going on or anything?
  3. Johnny2d

Johnny2d Xbl: IJS Johnny2D Premium Supporter

I'm seeing it in a couple hours. Alien is my favorite movie of all time, and I've read all the darkhorse comics. Im a big fan of that world and the lor that comes with it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    Enenra likes this.
  4. Enenra

Enenra Go to hell.

XBL:
    l Enenra l
    Watch Alien and all the little nods and the ending will make sense. Certain revelations will also be more impactful.

In my opinion, Alien is a must and you should also watch Aliens if you have the time.
    aj1701 likes this.
  5. SunnyD

SunnyD 24 Low Hat!

I was very intrigued about how good this movie was since i saw the 64 rating Metacritic gave it. But Metacritic is usually stupid anyways so ill give it a go

thanks man. will you write a full review?
    Sgt Reed 24 likes this.
  6. Enenra

Enenra Go to hell.

XBL:
    l Enenra l
    64? Lol. That's bullshit. I only like Alien, Predator, and Aliens, and hate the travesties known as AvP, AvPR, Predator 2 and Alien Resurrection. Alien 3 and Predators were meh. So I feel I'm hard to please, and I loved this movie.

Yes, when most people have had time to see it, I'll write a real review. This movie can't really be written about without spoilers.

EDIT: I went with 12 other people and everyone either liked it or loved it, varying on how much they had invested into the Aliens franchise.
    aj1701 and SunnyD like this.
  7. Eddy Wang

Eddy Wang Kia, Jataaka, Sareena for Mk10 Premium Supporter

PSN:
    eddywangmk
    XBL:
    EdsonWang
    i think it will reach my country on a week, i'll going to see it for sure
  8. doomfarmer

doomfarmer unorthodox

XBL:
    doomfarmer
    The movie was amazing, just don't go in expecting Alien. Instead of a dark scifi horror film its a movie about creation. The opening part of the film (and relfecting back, maybe the most important scene in the movie) is worth admission alone. A+++
    Enenra likes this.
  9. Enenra

Enenra Go to hell.

XBL:
    l Enenra l
    This^

Temjiin also made it very clear he enjoyed the movie.
  10. totheark

totheark Well-Known Member

I heard the movie is simply your classic "alien-horror" movie with 2 strong actors and an expendable cast. Nothing really new.
    Besides the trailer for Django Unchained preceding it, I'm just watching it for the visuals. And Charlize Theron.
  11. Enenra

Enenra Go to hell.

XBL:
    l Enenra l
    It got more... Analytical than your standard Alien movie.

Hands down though, Michael Fassbender was the best. Noomi Rapace was also good, and as dumb as it sounds I really liked the pilot :D

Django looks badass.
  12. DanCock

DanCock Cock Master!! Staff Member

PSN:
    SINH3LL
    Nice I have to watch

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
  13. Enenra

Enenra Go to hell.

XBL:
    l Enenra l
    Do it. Noomi even gets a good cocking, I think Ridley made a nod towards you
    DanCock likes this.
  14. DanCock

PSN:
    SINH3LL
    I haven't seen the first 4 movies in so long I don't recall character names

15. Enenra

Enenra Go to hell.

XBL:
    l Enenra l
    Noomi Rapace (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) plays the main character.

And see at least the first two Aliens, that's a fucking travesty you haven't.
    aj1701 likes this.
  16. DanCock

PSN:
    SINH3LL
    no re read what I said. I said I haven't watched them in so long.

I thought you were naming a character from the movies.

Enenra likes this.
  17. Enenra

Enenra Go to hell.

XBL:
    l Enenra l
    My bad my hands were going faster than my brain
    DanCock likes this.
  18. Temjiin

Temjiin Lag switch operator.

Fassbender was immense. Actually my favourite scene was him entertaining himself for 2 years.
  19. AK Gookus

AK Gookus Slant-eyed Nightwing

Fassbender's simplistic answers and condescending tones were my favorite part coupled with his suspicious agenda. Better boner than the one Erik Lensherr gave me
  20. Flagg

Flagg Well-Known Member

Sgt Reed 24, if you havent seen Alien, it's not "essential", though if you see Prometheus you should definitely see Alien afterwards.
    Sgt Reed 24 likes this.
  21. Temjiin

Temjiin Lag switch operator.

Fassbender's David is pretty much the first character in a movie that has chilled me to the bone.
  22. aj1701

aj1701 Premium Supporter Premium Supporter

PSN:
    aj1701
    I'm honestly shocked that everyone hadn't seen Alien and Aliens. How do you go though life missing them?
    Enenra, MashPotatoTower and Temjiin like this.
  23. ETC AdmiralAugustus

ETC AdmiralAugustus Grapple Frazzled Premium Supporter

OMGZ HAVE U GUIZE SEEN DAT MOOVEE WALL-E?!
    SunnyD likes this.
  24. MashPotatoTower

MashPotatoTower Well-Known Member

Man everyone not getting paid to see this has been telling me it's garbage. Say it aint so
  25. aj1701

aj1701 Premium Supporter Premium Supporter

PSN:
    aj1701
    I'm seeing it tonight, already bought my tickets. Do you know these people, if not they're probably just random internet haters.