What's new

Pre-MLG Dallas interview with Perfect Legend

archon

Noob
Name - Carl White aka Perfect Legend (Twitter - @PerfectLegend)
Age - 24
Fighting Out Of - Toledo, OH
Years Competitively Gaming - 7
Character(s) of Choice - Kung Lao + Kabal
Major Accomplishments - 3x Evolution Champion (MK and DOA), 2nd at PowerUp 2011 (His 1st Major), The Self-Proclaimed Best Kung Lao Player, The Only World Champion for Mortal Kombat

It’s been a long time since our last interview, how have you been since MLG Raleigh?
Yea man it has been quite a while! I've been good just enjoying life.

Let’s talk about Seasons Beatings, how was your overall weekend there?
SB was pretty fun. I wish it was still at Momo's so I could drink boba tea all day but the environment was cool. Plenty of room and space for set ups and for people to walk around. It didn't feel overcrowded even though a lot of people were there. I think I did well in DOA and MK. I didn't do well in TK or SF. I am way out of practice in SF and Tekken still getting the hang of things.

Had you practiced Mortal Kombat at all prior to the event?
Not really at all to be honest. All I did was go into practice mode and looked to see if I could do gas blasts and that’s it.

What games did you play at SB? Give me a rundown of your strongest victories and toughest defeats.
MK, DOA, SF, TK.

In SF I lost to Vangief in the Zangief Akuma match. I still back then wasn't sure how to approach Zangief after knocking him down. I was able to out play him of course until a wake up situation occurred but that is just my lack of knowing the set ups.

DOA I felt good. It was almost a breeze going through honestly. I had a great time playing against shimbori; I was really pleased seeing as he knows how to play his game. It wasn't really till the finals I felt kind of uneasy but that is because of some of the pressure but it went away as soon as the match begun.

In Tekken I still don't know a lot about the game so I won some matches based on my own fundamentals but when it came to weird chars I got bodied for my lack of knowledge. Out of all the games I entered I feel this is my weakest game so I have been working really hard in trying to figure out what exactly I need to be doing.

In MK I will just basically come out and say I was pissed. I will get into more later on why.
Read the entire interview at: http://netherrealmcoverage.blogspot.com/2012/10/pre-mlg-dallas-interview-with-perfect.html