What's new

Practicing Online

to be fair, martians instant air dashes seem to work a bit better online, like i react to those fuckers and they still hit, on a real bad connection
Stop me if you've heard this one before: someone instant air dashes over you and you immediately block and watch your character either derp out on the screen or keep moving in the other direction like an idiot. I'm convinced its some kind of combination of the netcode in this game being poor and some backward way this game interprets crossups.

MajinRY

PSN: MajinRY
Zatanna's seemingly free non-mb teleport online that i cant punish even when basically mashing d1
111 punishes easier man so you can 111xxshackles j2 b13 b3 j3 j2 112xx4 for 32% and a bar and a half of trait. You can also punish non mb multi kicks with the same combo

E

Eldriken

Stop me if you've heard this one before: someone instant air dashes over you and you immediately block and watch your character either derp out on the screen or keep moving in the other direction like an idiot. I'm convinced its some kind of combination of the netcode in this game being poor and some backward way this game interprets crossups.
By "derp out", do you mean when they sit there and spin in a circle a few times? If so, I thoroughly enjoy making people do that with Doomsday setups. =P

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I will admit I get away with a lot of shit online. I just zone with Zod anyways, I try not to do the lazer cancel anymore because I know it's not viable offline. If you get hit I'm gonna combo tho...if you're playing online you know not being able to block stuff on reaction comes with the territory.

I'll add one: earthshaker mixups are hard enough offline but fuck that shit online

I will admit I get away with a lot of shit online. I just zone with Zod anyways, I try not to do the lazer cancel anymore because I know it's not viable offline. If you get hit I'm gonna combo tho...if you're playing online you know not being able to block stuff on reaction comes with the territory.

I'll add one: earthshaker mixups are hard enough offline but fuck that shit online
laser cancel dash forward mb laser, works, i don't give afuck do it offline... anytime you laser cancel the opponent instantly switches to overhead

another fullscreen mixup, shoot a ground zod ball, dash up, instant down laser, it connects with the ball and launches them up for a trait grab, or you can laser cancel and they block the ball and the grab comes out, its a fucking mixup

the spins bro

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
Ba iadivekick
Zod charge unpunishable
Martian grab un punishable
Any zod trait mixup
Raven soul crush
Flash is apparently + on everything
Gl f3
Batman b23, f3
GRAB
pressing out of frame traps,
Backdashing a 6 frame normal after a zod charge '-12'

JDM

Noob
People claim that Earth Shake is an unblockable move due to online. Yeah, it's harder to block online than offline, but it's still doable.
Man that shit is unblockable online.

Also, all zoning is better online, Martian's instant airdash is impossible to block online. Hell, online is just awful in general. Hopefully MKX's netcode is much better.

E

Eldriken

Man that shit is unblockable online.

Also, all zoning is better online, Martian's instant airdash is impossible to block online. Hell, online is just awful in general. Hopefully MKX's netcode is much better.
It's not unblockable online. I consistently block it in Doomsday mirrors (or against characters that have Earth Shake-esque setups like Joker). Just ask @Immortal Kombat.

If a Doomsday player can consistently block their own move, other people should level up and do it as well. If the connection is shitty, then that's excusable. But in a good connection, it's not.

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
It's not unblockable online. I consistently block it in Doomsday mirrors (or against characters that have Earth Shake-esque setups like Joker). Just ask @Immortal Kombat.

If a Doomsday player can consistently block their own move, other people should level up and do it as well. If the connection is shitty, then that's excusable. But in a good connection, it's not.
Earthshaker actually is pretty easy to block online, the hard part is to know if u will do d3, raw es, d1 es, his f2 es

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
PL I still think you're lame for unfollowing me on Twitter m can't wait to meet you and say it to your face haha. I approve of this thread though. People say things like "People use online as an excuse to why they suck, or why they're losng." While in reality online and offline are two different things. You can get away things online that you couldn't offline Lol. Continue on though. I'm glad this thread hasn't turned into a offline vs online warrior debate. Good job.