What's new

Practicing Online

Alright I'm hella tired of playing people and all they want to do is abuse shit that only works online.

Lets make a compilation of strats that only work online so people can get called out for trying to scrub people out with online tactics. Also above all of that so these people can improve as players.

Zod: Laser or Trait Grab.
- Sorry this is not a mixup and can be easily fuzzy guarded. It is absolutely not a mix up and only works online.

What does work? Batgirl's b2/b1 mix up that is a real mix up. It can be fuzzy guarded but it is really really tough timing.

Aquaman: f12 or f1 to b1.
- This is also not a mixup and can be fuzzy guarded. When they start doing f1 to scoop though is kind of difficult to block its really fast.

Batman: b23 or b1 mixup. Also b2 trait to b1
- These are not mixups b2 to trait can be interrupted and b23 or b1 can be react blocked offline. Online its basically a true 50/50.

Anyone else feel free to post and I will add them to this initial post.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Dudeeee lol C'mon man.

I get people with it offine too

Edit: Also, just because something is fuzz able doesn't mean one shouldn't abuse it offline. 95% of Zods mixups are fuzziable, and yeah it is harder online, but it is part of his game to fish for for them.Blocking f2(4)f2(4)12(4)MB Laser is very cognitively demanding and while fuzziable, it will still net some big dammy

Last edited:

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Alright I'm hella tired of playing people and all they want to do is abuse shit that only works online.

Lets make a compilation of strats that only work online so people can get called out for trying to scrub people out with online tactics. Also above all of that so these people can improve as players.

Zod: Laser or Trait Grab.
- Sorry this is not a mixup and can be easily fuzzy guarded. It is absolutely not a mix up and only works online.

What does work? Batgirl's b2/b1 mix up that is a real mix up. It can be fuzzy guarded but it is really really tough timing.

Aquaman: f12 or f1 to b1.
- This is also not a mixup and can be fuzzy guarded. When they start doing f1 to scoop though is kind of difficult to block its really fast.

Batman: b23 or b1 mixup. Also b2 trait to b1
- These are not mixups b2 to trait can be interrupted and b23 or b1 can be react blocked offline. Online its basically a true 50/50.

Anyone else feel free to post and I will add them to this initial post.
Mashing D1 after a blocked point blank Flying Grayson

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
NW flipkick/S2 in staff

Zod 123

Flash ground pound

Ares normal teleport

Black Adam lightning strike/iadk

GL B13

Killer frost

Raven

Scorpion

Zod

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Zod players love that online "mixup".

My character probably 7-3s him at worst, but online it's definitely 5-5.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
People claim that Earth Shake is an unblockable move due to online. Yeah, it's harder to block online than offline, but it's still doable.
Wouldn't that depend on the connection both players have. I mean I have played some lag infested games online where pressing a button takes a second to register online. Also it's not my connection I have fios with a 154mb upload and 85mbs upload.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Some of these things might be MU specific:
  • Green Latern's B13.
  • Deathstroke normal guns are full combo punishable.
  • MMH OH teleport can be punished for daysssss.
  • Perfectly punishable Bladam divekicks.
  • Perfectly punishable Ares/Zatanna Teleport.
  • Raven's lift on block.
  • Superman zoning.

E

Eldriken

Wouldn't that depend on the connection both players have. I mean I have played some lag infested games online where pressing a button takes a second to register online. Also it's not my connection I have fios with a 154mb upload and 85mbs upload.
I've had people with good connections send me hatemail about how Earth Shake is unblockable and all that.

Any comments on Earth Shake from a laggy connection are ignored. If the connection is shit, Earth Shake is almost impossible to block.

Error

DF2+R2
I see Sinestro's using B13xxArachnid all the time on block, and good luck punishing that with any delay online.

I do this a lot with Black Adam, 223/22MB low lightning, it's interruptable and not even a 50/50. Also, I see random BA's pretending bootstomp is always safe. People mashing d1 or just not respecting the advantage after blocked B2, 3.

Green Arrow players mashing d1xxArrow everywhere.

Aquaman B2xxScoop, online version of EarthShake lol

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Stupid things I get hit by online:
Aquaman b2
Earth shake
Batman j2 (a lot of crossup jumps in general but batman is the worst)
Superman d1 on block then f23
Scorpion 20 frame overhead
Zatanna b2
Martian b2 (I only block it like 70% of the time offline but 0% online)

There's more but I'm getting salty thinking about them online mixups

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Mace charge and wing evade 3 are really difficult to punish online.

Parrying inbetween GL's B13 is horrible online

And pretty much reactable mixups become almost unrectable.

-I've heard it said that Arrows F2D1 low/overhead arrow is a true 50/50...but beyond that I'm convinced that everything else he does is reactable offline since he has no low combo starters. Hell, I fight people *online* who can block basically everything I do.

-Superman Zoning is pretty insane IMO. Its not exactly terrible offline either, but often online I will just stand block and eat the chip because by the time I can even think to react to the sweeping lasers the overhead has already come out and I'm full screen again.

-Earthshake on a good connection is blockable, but it still requires an adjustment period sometimes. Like...when you get paired up with a Doomsday, get ready, because your probably going to eat at least the first two or more until you adapt to the connection.

EDIT:
-Oh god, and however did I forget about Aquaman's B2? I still block it probably 75% of the time online, but offline I'd *really* have to be asleep at the wheel to not see that thing coming. Actually, Aquaman is basically a different character online altogether because of how much different footsies, jump ins, and general defense are. Offline he's a defensive turtle wall. Online, he's practically a rushdown character.

EDIT EDIT:
-Oh, and Ares is a very viable character on most connections.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
-Most F3's are still reactable online but you really have to be on point about it, and that influences their use. Offline for example I think Deathstroke's F3 is more of a footsie tool used to create pressure and lead to mixups....but online F3 *is* the mixup.

Last edited: