What's new

Question - Kitana Potential KItana nerfs/buffs 8/31

ThaRawDeal

Not to be trifled with!
Anyone else afraid they might mess something up with Kitana in the next patch? I have a lot of fun playing all of her variations right now and don't feel like any match up is unwinnable with the proper reads. I'm worried that all the post EVO band wagon hype might have a negative effect on her future. The only buff I seriously want is for sharpen to have a faster start up, but I'd be fine not receiving that if she doesn't receive any nerfs.

Has there been any info on what balance changes are coming or do I just have to wait till Monday to find out everything?

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I think we may see some start up frame buffs...and maybe more damage scaling. I'd like to see her parry move in assassin be a tad faster and maybe another move added to mournful like jade's pole vault. but who knows. it seems like every update she gets touched so let us pray! i would ultimately like a teleport move maybe added similar to her spin in mk9 xray to maybe the assassin variation. but not sure if that will happen.

I'm reckoning it'll probably be one or two minor changes that won't really affect Kitana's game much. Maybe something like the second hit of 3d4 having the same frames on block as b3 :p

It'd be absolutely amazing if they made b2's start-up 18 frames, but realistically that ain't gonna happen lol.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
If there's a damage scaling nerf, NRS would probably give to Royal Storm's lift.

AZTEC-GOD

I will kill you for sport.
I really hope they don't touch her as far as nerfs go, she's amazing.

Although I wouldn't mind if her 212 connected better and more efficiently. I drop it from time to time and that shouldn't happen. It's just 3 buttons lol.

Wigy

There it is...
Shes had like 837 buffs. If she gets touched again and characters like JC and ferra torr who need attention and have got none it will be a big fuckup. Granted she needed it but shes fine now

I predict nothing

gam224

The world's least hype player
Okay i personally think the damage scaling on her ex up fans needs to be greater but i think she should also bet faster start up on regular up fans (8 frames) back 2 should be 15 frames, asassin parry not parry throws but gets down down 4 low parry, and ex run should be super armored from start to finish. I know i'm asking for alot but none of it feels unreasonable to me.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
If she is doing to get anything, it's a damage nerf, which would be sad to see, when she was fine before. The only thing they need to fix is the Tech Throw into Parry. That shit needs buffs.

I would also like a universal teleport.

gam224

Okay i personally think the damage scaling on her ex up fans needs to be greater but i think she should also bet faster start up on regular up fans (8 frames) back 2 should be 15 frames, asassin parry not parry throws but gets down down 4 low parry, and ex run should be super armored from start to finish. I know i'm asking for alot but none of it feels unreasonable to me.
Also it wouldn't be unresonable to slighly scale her damage off of fan lift.

If she should be having any changes, its for:

Standing 2 to hit as a mid
B2 to be 16-18 frames or have an increase in damage (11%-12% would be nice)
Throw to have less - frames when it connects and the animation ends (Sucks not being able to do squat but block after a throw. and in some cases she gets hit).

The Rising blades to have a better hitbox that eliminates low profiling.

Assassin: Assassins rush needs one of 4 things to happen or a combination of things-

- Dash cancelability- this move should be allowed to be cancelled in my eyes at the cost of stamina
- Armor throughout EX - Sucks knowing that this move should be her "punisher" and the armor gets chewed through before it gets going.
- Faster Start up - 12 or 11 frames is fair to ask for given that it's just too slow otherwise.
- Turn it into an overhead - SHE RUNS UP THEIR LEGS FFS! :D

In any event, any combo of those changes to those AR along with those small adjustments to her normals/specials would be welcome.

Assassin needs to be better than it is IMO. That should be an, "in your face" variation.

gam224

If she should be having any changes, its for:

Standing 2 to hit as a mid
B2 to be 16-18 frames or have an increase in damage (11%-12% would be nice)
Throw to have less - frames when it connects and the animation ends (Sucks not being able to do squat but block after a throw. and in some cases she gets hit).

The Rising blades to have a better hitbox that eliminates low profiling.

Assassin: Assassins rush needs one of 4 things to happen or a combination of things-

- Dash cancelability- this move should be allowed to be cancelled in my eyes at the cost of stamina
- Armor throughout EX - Sucks knowing that this move should be her "punisher" and the armor gets chewed through before it gets going.
- Faster Start up - 12 or 11 frames is fair to ask for given that it's just too slow otherwise.
- Turn it into an overhead - SHE RUNS UP THEIR LEGS FFS! :D

In any event, any combo of those changes to those AR along with those small adjustments to her normals/specials would be welcome.

Assassin needs to be better than it is IMO. That should be an, "in your face" variation.
Agreed but what i would like to see for asassin is parry not parrying throws but gets a low parry, get rid of ex sharpen and just make it regular sharpen. What are your thoughts?

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Yes Assassin needs help.

But RS is JUST fine. Mournful needs an overhead that leads to nothing, EXStaff Grab needs to be a Brutal. If you all have yet to notice..Mournful is the rushdown variation.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
The only thing mournful should PROBABLY get is shadow kick being a mid. She doesn't need anything else in that variation. It's fine how it is now.

RS needs nothing. Some people say a faster startup on reflect or ex lift to negate projectiles should happen, and that'll be cool. Other than that, its fine.

Assassin is the one that needs the most help. It's clearly the weakest of the 3 and RS just completely outshines it. It's supposed to be her rushdown variation yet it doesn't have the proper tools to rush down at all.

Any nerfs she gets should most likely go to her damage. I honestly think she needs her damage because it's not like we get it off a 50/50 or anything like that. I don't see any other nerf we deserve .