What's new

Guide Post Patch Skarlet Combo's

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
If you do 1, 1, 2 while the opponent is high off the ground (like in a combo) the opponent takes longer to recover. I'm not sure exactly how much more advantage you have but I'm guessing it's enough to make 1, 1, 4 guaranteed. This also lets 1, 1, 4 hit low hitbox characters too. Try setting Mileena to neutral crouch or crouch block and do one of her 1, 1, 2 combos and it should work.

Somberness also posted about it here:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/why-you-shouldnt-block-high-against-skarlet.14967/#post-309210
I tried that. I even went to reptile and it crouched him too. Not only that but if I put it on crouch, do a combo and end in reset with say reptile, then do 114 they are already low blocking. The 114 hits them blocking but the eh dagger goes over their heads.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Also landing 112 higher is unrealistic as the high damage combos have gravity that makes landing them inconsistent let alone landing the 112 high.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I find the best thing to do is to keep it simple. By simple I mean doing a 112 into a mid hitting string like b114. They can get out of the 112 anyways due to inconsistency so if they were going to block anyway...why not just do a string that is guaranteed to hit them crouching low hitbox or not?

So an example would be combo...112 RD ender, b114 eh DC, f43...then zone em up. If they tend to block more and stand block then I would do 114 into eh DC into f212 1+2. Or after the initial red dash or b114 eh DC do a crossover jump once you train them to block...the crossover jip will make them stand causing 114 to jail them still giving you the f212 1+2 string.

The mixups are unending but the f43 ender is great if you like to zone with her (you should if you like meter). Also ending in 112 RD f4 ehDC into pressure strings is good after a few f43's. I usually end my pressure deliberately with f43 because it is safe and gives GREAT push back so I can zone.

ryublaze

Noob
Also landing 112 higher is unrealistic as the high damage combos have gravity that makes landing them inconsistent let alone landing the 112 high.
How are you doing them? It's pretty easy with enough practice. 1, 1, 2 doesn't have to hit very high. The point is to get the first 1 in 1, 1, 4 to hit on crouch block and you can "block" confirm to see if they are crouch blocking or not. If you see them stand blocking then you can do EX Dagger, otherwise just end with 1, 1, 4, Red Dash, Red Slide.

B1 is 4 more frames than 1 so it can be poked out of. If they try poking out of 1 they'll lose since 1 is 10 frames. With enough practice on the 1, 1, 2 ender, there's not much reason to do B1 instead of 1.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Maybe your right. If you hit confirm it that way it makes more sense to me. That takes care of the inconsistencies. B1 is 14 frames and 1 is 10 frames. I just know that low hitbox characters are much harder to apply pressure to.

Another setup for 114 into eh DC could also be this...

How often does d4 RD slide connect...like all the time. So why not do d4 RD into 114 eh DC f212 string? You already know they are standing cause the slide always hits...between checking them with slide and the 114 you can also go straight into d4 eh DC to pressure...she is stupid good

ryublaze

Noob
Maybe your right. If you hit confirm it that way it makes more sense to me. That takes care of the inconsistencies. B1 is 14 frames and 1 is 10 frames. I just know that low hitbox characters are much harder to apply pressure to.

Another setup for 114 into eh DC could also be this...

How often does d4 RD slide connect...like all the time. So why not do d4 RD into 114 eh DC f212 string? You already know they are standing cause the slide always hits...between checking them with slide and the 114 you can also go straight into d4 eh DC to pressure...she is stupid good
That's a great setup since the opponent can't jump or poke out of D4, Red Dash, Red Slide. Once they know they have to block Slide, that's when you can Throw or do another D4, Red Dash. If they expect an EX Down Slash then that's when 1, 1, 4 comes in, except 1 will whiff on low hitbox characters and can be poked out of. Replacing it with B1, 1, F4 like you suggested would be good here.

I'm not sure about the D4, EX Dagger thing since you can't confirm it. On crouch, EX Dagger will fly right over the opponent.

EDIT: B1, 1, F4, EX Dagger actually doesn't jail the opponent into stand block so the opponent is able to crouch when the EX Dagger hits so after EX Dagger you can only go for another B1, 1, F4.

D4, Red Dash, 1, 1, 4 actually does hit low hitbox characters if D4 hits and isn't blocked. So if you see it hit then you can go for 1, 1, 4 afterwards.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Originally posted by Altaire. Brought over from a locked thread, as the more information that's out there, the better. Much of this likely isn't new to anyone who frequents the Skarlet forums, but for newer players it's useful knowledge about how Skarlet works:

JIP 1 1 4 EX knife cancel, F2 1 2 1+2 red dash slide

17 percent for one bar, completely safe (yes, the red slide is safe), and it builds a bar in the process. Unfortunately, I forgot that the post-patch version doesn't let you confirm into a combo, so my bad. Basically, before they changed the JIP properties, you could do JIP F2 1 2 EX knife instead of 1 1 2 EX knife, and this was about a thousand times better for one reason: If they didn't block the string, you could finish the F2 1 2 1+2 and combo for 31% into a standing reset, then do the EX knife jail for 12% and 3/4 of a bar. You can't combo off 1 1 4, so on hit, you can't do much of anything other than shrug at the meager 14% you get for it. The way this blockstring works is that the JIP jails them standing for the 1 1 4, and then the 1 1 4 jails them standing for the EX knife. EX knife cancel is something ridiculous like +25 on block, so it gives you enough advantage to link into pretty much any of her blockstrings. The reason you absolutely need to jail your opponent in stand block is that EX knife will whiff against an opponent in crouch block if you're right next to them, so if it's linked into any string that doesn't jail, your opponent can just crouch and it'll miss. It also hits high, so they could easily poke or uppercut you out of it. After the EX knife cancel, they CAN crouch, but they're still jailed for the followup. Her F2 string hits mid, so there's no avoiding it after the EX knife cancel jails, and it does 8% chip on top of the 2% you get for the red slide at the end.

I haven't had the time to thoroughly test out any alternatives post-patch, but this is a slightly altered version that gives you the opportunity to combo on hit:

JIP 2 1 EX knife cancel, F2 1 2 1+2 red dash slide

This does 16% chip, builds just slightly less than one meter on block, and you can hit confirm the 2 1 into an upslash and combo on hit. I'm trying to find an alternative that will still jail them standing off JIP (needs to be 15 frames or faster due to the new JIP properties), give me a combo on hit, and jail them standing for the EX knife on block. If I come up with anything better, I'll post my findings here. The 2 1 version is more than adequate, but I feel like there's a better string I could be using for this.

Cav

Noob
Originally posted by Altaire. Brought over from a locked thread, as the more information that's out there, the better. Much of this likely isn't new to anyone who frequents the Skarlet forums, but for newer players it's useful knowledge about how Skarlet works:

JIP 1 1 4 EX knife cancel, F2 1 2 1+2 red dash slide

17 percent for one bar, completely safe (yes, the red slide is safe), and it builds a bar in the process. Unfortunately, I forgot that the post-patch version doesn't let you confirm into a combo, so my bad. Basically, before they changed the JIP properties, you could do JIP F2 1 2 EX knife instead of 1 1 2 EX knife, and this was about a thousand times better for one reason: If they didn't block the string, you could finish the F2 1 2 1+2 and combo for 31% into a standing reset, then do the EX knife jail for 12% and 3/4 of a bar. You can't combo off 1 1 4, so on hit, you can't do much of anything other than shrug at the meager 14% you get for it. The way this blockstring works is that the JIP jails them standing for the 1 1 4, and then the 1 1 4 jails them standing for the EX knife. EX knife cancel is something ridiculous like +25 on block, so it gives you enough advantage to link into pretty much any of her blockstrings. The reason you absolutely need to jail your opponent in stand block is that EX knife will whiff against an opponent in crouch block if you're right next to them, so if it's linked into any string that doesn't jail, your opponent can just crouch and it'll miss. It also hits high, so they could easily poke or uppercut you out of it. After the EX knife cancel, they CAN crouch, but they're still jailed for the followup. Her F2 string hits mid, so there's no avoiding it after the EX knife cancel jails, and it does 8% chip on top of the 2% you get for the red slide at the end.

I haven't had the time to thoroughly test out any alternatives post-patch, but this is a slightly altered version that gives you the opportunity to combo on hit:

JIP 2 1 EX knife cancel, F2 1 2 1+2 red dash slide

This does 16% chip, builds just slightly less than one meter on block, and you can hit confirm the 2 1 into an upslash and combo on hit. I'm trying to find an alternative that will still jail them standing off JIP (needs to be 15 frames or faster due to the new JIP properties), give me a combo on hit, and jail them standing for the EX knife on block. If I come up with anything better, I'll post my findings here. The 2 1 version is more than adequate, but I feel like there's a better string I could be using for this.
B1,1,F4 would jail them wouldn't it?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
If you learn nothing else about Skarlet, spend some time looking at all of these corner combo's. Learn the easier 45-51%'s, and learn my 57% - teach people that the last place on earth you want to be is trapped in the corner against Skarlet
Btw I found a very good way to push the opponent quickly in the corner with 1 combo (mb someone post it before, I don't read all pages ^^).

JIP, b1, 1, f4, red dash, up splash, dash, f4, 1, 2, 1+2, red dash, up slash, dash, b1, 1, f4, etc...
or opposit stuff (a bit harder on timing) : JIP, f2, 1, 2, 1+2, red dash, up splash, dash (and wait that the opponent drop on ur feet), b1, 1, f4, red dash, up slash, dash, b1, 1, f4, etc...

If you are at the very midscreen, your opponent will finish in the air and on the corner and here we go. :)

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Over selling this. U3 is basically a useless AA tool unless you absolutely know they will jump in and do it early.

PS. U3, U3 dagger cancel 23 dagger cancel 23 red dash slide 42%

Over selling this. U3 is basically a useless AA tool unless you absolutely know they will jump in and do it early.

PS. U3, U3 dagger cancel 23 dagger cancel 23 red dash slide 42%
plus red dash takes meter, this takes none. i uplodead this only if someone could find it nice like me. dont comment if you cant use it. please.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
plus red dash takes meter, this takes none. i uplodead this only if someone could find it nice like me. dont comment if you cant use it. please.
Red dash takes meter? What? I'm just saying Skarlet has standing 1 and d1 as AA reset combos that you can actually do on reaction and if you play people that you know will jump in at that sweet spot that u3 will actually work for an AA they probably aren't very good.

ryublaze

Noob
It's a good anti-air but there are better options.

1/2/F4 are easier to time and are faster. If you mistime U3, the opponent can get a full combo on you. F4, 3 is semi-safe on whiff and F4 can lead to Red Dash Up/Down Slash. U3 is usually used after blocking a teleport.

U3, U3, Air Dagger (Far), dash, 2, 3, Dagger Toss (dash cancel), 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide = 42%
U3, U3, Air Dagger (Far), dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Up Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide = 44%

Red dash takes meter? What? I'm just saying Skarlet has standing 1 and d1 as AA reset combos that you can actually do on reaction and if you play people that you know will jump in at that sweet spot that u3 will actually work for an AA they probably aren't very good.
i remember doing an anti to u once so yea they are good. ive also done it to foxy, and i think curbo. point is, im good with my anti airs. please, i dont want to argue, its just a combo i thought ppl would want to see.

Wondered, don't take the criticism as a bad thing, these are people who are very knowledgeable about Skarlet as well as you are. I for one learned something new from all of these posts.
i agree versandte, im not getting angry, but no offense to anyone, i learn her on my own, whether its good or not. thats just me.

It's a good anti-air but there are better options.

1/2/F4 are easier to time and are faster. If you mistime U3, the opponent can get a full combo on you. F4, 3 is semi-safe on whiff and F4 can lead to Red Dash Up/Down Slash. U3 is usually used after blocking a teleport.

U3, U3, Air Dagger (Far), dash, 2, 3, Dagger Toss (dash cancel), 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide = 42%
U3, U3, Air Dagger (Far), dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Up Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide = 44%
wow good shit man lol

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I hope you don't repeat it 7 times before succeed in real match x) (just joking dude)

I still prefer my 2, up slash starter as an AA (I prefer good stuffs I will never drop for some reason and I also like finishing combos by reset, mine is 29% reset followed by +10% string on block : 2, up slash, 2, 3, red dash, up slash, 1, 1, 2, ex-dag cancel, 2, 1, 2+1, red dash or dag cancel etc...).
What about U3 hitbox ? Is it good against a jump kick ?

One thing, I really dunno why you don't air dag on your second U3 (add +1% to your combo) and don't red dash right after your 2, 3 for the up slash, it makes the string easier to do coz you're closer from your opponent for the f4, 3. Also, this air dag + red dash added to your combo will give you a bit of meter.
So it should be this : U3, U3 air dag, 2, 3, red dash, up slash, f4, 3 : 41% + some meter, easier to do coz without the dag, the 2, 3 is very hard to get on timing because your opponent is too close from the ground and will drop too fast, and without red dash it's very hard to get the f4, 3.
Try it and tell me bout it. ;)

1/2/F4 are easier to time and are faster.
Yeah, but seriously this F4 is a pain in da ass ! My Skarlet always does 4 or f4, 3 instead and even (sometimes) f4, tp (don't ask me why lol) when I try that stuff followed by a red dash :(