What's new

Pokken Tournament Discussion/Speculations

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

So as we heard today, The Pokemon Company and Bandai Namco Games, specifically the Tekken team, will be working on the new Pokemon fighting game known as Pokken Tournament. This has been announced to release in Japanese arcades in 2015, no date has yet been announced for other regions. There are many questions that I and I sure most of you have such as: How big will the roster be? What type of fighting game mechanics will they introduce? Will this game be closer to the Tekken franchise or the Naruto franchise? Will only humanoid Pokemon make the roster? If so, will only the fighting types be included or will we see other non-fighter humanoid characters? Will typing play a factor in the combat?
Below are some screenshots of the current trailer that was released earlier today.

Here we see 2 out of 3 of the characters known so far: Lucario and Machamp, the third being Blaziken. They appear in 1 of the 2 known stages we have seen so far, being this village field and what appears to be the middle of a city.

Here we see Lucario getting ready to use what looks like his Bone Rush special.
Here we see Lucario doing his Aura Sphere special.
In this final picture we have Machamp performing his Bullet Punch special.

What do you guys think of the game and the screenshots so far? Who are you hoping to see make the roster? My personal pick is Gardevoir, she fits the humanoid features of all Pokemon shown so far and could have a really cool moveset. How do you think the game will play? In my opinion I see this playing as the Naruto fighters do in terms of mechanics and special moves.

Discuss my Pokemaniacs!!!

Since my pics keep disappearing, here's the link to the screenshots
http://nintendoeverything.com/pokken-tournament-screenshots-site-open/

Update: Seems more info has been revealed

Last edited:

Iron Angel

“I WILL PROTECT THE INNOCENT.”
I really hope this makes it to consoles eventually (and over in the US) so that I can play. lol

Iron Angel

“I WILL PROTECT THE INNOCENT.”
It would be dumb of Nintendo not to put this on WiiU, this plus Smash 4 along with Bayonetta 2 will be killer apps for the console.
Yeah, I agree. Talk about raking in money. This definitely appeals to the older gamers who played the first Red/Blue Pokemon when they were kids.

But yeah, I agree with you completely.