What's new

Pokémon Fighter Pokkén Tournament Officially Announced, Developed by Bandai Namco

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
That's nice and all...

but it still isn't the pokemon rpg for consoles that NEEEEEDS to happen.
I'm with you, Nintendo and Gamefreak knows that will sell like hotcakes, if we can get an open world MMORPG in the Pokeverse. I would buy a WiiU just for that.
Exactly, I honestly don't understand why they STILL haven't done that yet. That will get so many people to buy a Wii U JUST for that, including myself. It could be what Halo 2 was to the XBOX. A no brainer... imo.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
How can anyone enjoy an MMORPG without a keyboard and mouse?
I'm not a PC player at all. Having grown up playing games on consoles my whole life and not really having a PC that can play recent games up until now meant I barely spent any time using keyboard and mouse to play games. Hell, my first MMO was Phantasy Star Online on GameCube.

Not to mention, the way Pokémon works, it's very easy to make it playable on gamepads.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
I'm not a PC player at all. Having grown up playing games on consoles my whole life and not really having a PC that can play recent games up until now meant I barely spent any time using keyboard and mouse to play games. Hell, my first MMO was Phantasy Star Online on GameCube.

Not to mention, the way Pokémon works, it's very easy to make it playable on gamepads.
Understandable, but I'm less worried about what people are used to and more worried about the massive amount of input restrictions put on console players, especially when many solid MMORPGs require, or are much more efficiently used, with more buttons than a standard console controller would allow. Not to mention macros, typed console commands, and communication without a microphone. I've always been a PC diehard, but I've been closely familiar with every generation of consoles since the 7800, and when games got increasingly advanced, controllers had to be upgraded. We're at the point now where you can't cram many more buttons onto a controller and expect their casual market to appreciate it.

It seems to me like it would be in the realm of playing USF4 with a Sega Genesis controller.