What's new

Pokémon Fighter Pokkén Tournament Officially Announced, Developed by Bandai Namco

MLDoom

All these prices and I'm still free
It would be interesting if they could factor type advantage into this game. Like Blaziken vs Sceptile, would Blaziken have an advantage of some type since he's a fire type?

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
It would be interesting if they could factor type advantage into this game. Like Blaziken vs Sceptile, would Blaziken have an advantage of some type since he's a fire type?
That would be so broke though...

Counterpicking all day if that's the case.

Last edited:

MLDoom

All these prices and I'm still free
That would be so broke though...

Counterpicking all day if that's the case.
True, and character loyalists would kinda get shafted. I feel like there should be some kind of advantage like maybe a slight damage boost if blaziken were to use blaze kick against Sceptile but nothing huge or game breaking. But regular attacks would receive no boost and do the same damage as it would against anyone else. I feel like if they implement it correctly it can be used really well. Either way, I'm hype to see thins since I'm a huge pokemon fan and used to be a competitive battler for a while as well.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
True, and character loyalists would kinda get shafted. I feel like there should be some kind of advantage like maybe a slight damage boost if blaziken were to use blaze kick against Sceptile but nothing huge or game breaking. But regular attacks would receive no boost and do the same damage as it would against anyone else. I feel like if they implement it correctly it can be used really well. Either way, I'm hype to see thins since I'm a huge pokemon fan and used to be a competitive battler for a while as well.
We'll see what happens, i'm still pumped either way.

trufenix

bye felicia
Y'all making pretty bold assumptions that "balance" is going to be a thing in this game. Namco Bandai has made way more criminally unbalanced anime games than Tekkens. I'm sure if Nintendo or someone upstairs says type advantage or evolutions are happening cause thats what pokemon is, you can kiss your tier lists and matchup charts goodbye.

that said, this could be a pretty fucking sweet game either way. Tough to pick a cast though. I mean really, what 20-30 pokemon could you single out of the entire dex?

Solo

Shadow Priest
They may go with more human like Pokemon. Like Infernape, Bisharp, or Pangoro. Then Pokemon like Sceptile or Mewtwo might be pass in a fighting game. I don't see Pokemon like Venusaur being in a fighting game, but who knows.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
---As it's a fighting game, I'm a little worried that the roster will be full of humanoid-looking Pokemons (TL note: Pokemans?). I'd rather be surprised with unexpected picks instead.

Harada: That's not a problem at all. Technologically-speaking, we shouldn't face any problems in implementing whatever Pokemon we want. In terms of the system mechanics, we'll be looking at what fans would want, so please rest assured.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/aug/26/harada-pokken-tournament-wont-feature-highlow-mix-ups-or-tekken-guest-characters-its-completely-different-game/

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
---As it's a fighting game, I'm a little worried that the roster will be full of humanoid-looking Pokemons (TL note: Pokemans?). I'd rather be surprised with unexpected picks instead.

Harada: That's not a problem at all. Technologically-speaking, we shouldn't face any problems in implementing whatever Pokemon we want. In terms of the system mechanics, we'll be looking at what fans would want, so please rest assured.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/aug/26/harada-pokken-tournament-wont-feature-highlow-mix-ups-or-tekken-guest-characters-its-completely-different-game/
I honestly would rather see a Fighting-type-only type of entry. P1 Pokémon championships, baybee!!!

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
FUCKING HELL!!!

I WANT THIS SO BAD!!!

I DON'T KNOW WHICH POKEMONS I'M GOING TO MAIN!!! SO MANY CHOICES!!!

Seriously though, Dragonite? Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee? Blaziken? Lucario? Can they put Rapidash in this? If Rapidash is in then definitely my main.

It will be the end of my life as I know it if I ever get my hands on that game.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Top 3 Pokemon I want are just my favorites:

Alakazam
Venusaur
Tyranitar

Three of the most baller Pokemon. I will fuck with Lucario doe, but only if he can mega evolve lol.