What's new

Player 1 has host advantage

People on this site love jumping to conclusions. You can test it 50 times and get P1 then on number 51 get P2. That is why in my first post i asked "How did you test this". If NRS said it is random, i'll go with that until Somberness can actually prove his claim. As of now that's what it is 'a claim'. Unless colt can confirm that P1 has advantage.
Did you ask NRS how they knew it was random?

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
That's my point exactly. That's why no one hits. But the OP is saying that Player 1 always has priority if you both throw a move at the same time. So that's everything, except for uppercuts and Kung Lao moves?
Man, you don't listen: what is OP saying and two d.2 not hitting each other are apples and oranges. Try to think about it more than 2 sec.

Flagg

Noob
I guess I don't understand your question, then. There's no priority to be had when the move would whiff anyways.
I guess I don't understand what you mean by "the move would whiff anyway"

Are you saying it's because you're both in a low, non blocking position?

Okay, what about when you both go for a throw at the same time. You cant throw someone not blocking. That would mean player two couldn't shrug off a player 1 throw by executing at the same time.

Somberness

Lights
Was this tested on a ps3 or a 360? Think it should be tested out on both...
Xbox.

How can I say to someone that, yeah, you can actually do a standing 1 with Sektor and interrupt Raiden's 334... but only if you are player 1. I had to say it, nobody else that already knew had to say anything. It would have been nice though.

Albo

Noob
What I gather, he is saying if you both try to land a 6 frame move on each other at execute at the same time, Player 1 will always win and im not convinced that is true. There are no trades in this game remember?

Okay, both Quan Chi and Cage have a 7 frame uppercut. I have personally been in matches where we both go for a uppercut at the same time, and neither hits, you just see the animation. According to this "discovery", surely that would mean player 1 would win that exchange.
Check out 5:07 of this video flagg which gives an example of Soonk's explanation. Basically when you uppercut you are considered to be in a neutral ducking state.

Flagg

Noob
If this is true, I guess NRS have no choice but to patch something in.

Could be a blessing in disguise, might mean one or two other things could get hotfixed in the process.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The uppercut thing is completely different. Its two people whiffing attacks. If it was a trade situation, someone would get hit. Hit level discussion and how uppercuts work would be best discussed in another thread.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I guess I don't understand what you mean by "the move would whiff anyway"

Are you saying it's because you're both in a low, non blocking position?

Okay, what about when you both go for a throw at the same time. You cant throw someone not blocking. That would mean player two couldn't shrug off a player 1 throw by executing at the same time.
Yes, the uppercut will whiff on a ducking opponent, and I believe even a duck blocking opponent. So both of you are considered ducking while uppercutting, so nobody will hit or get hit. As for dual throws, no idea.

Somberness

Lights
Since last summer before I got recording equipment, I just didn't go to back to it when I got it. It didn't make any sense when I was trying to figure out some characters frame data who had not been done. I noticed the same thing then too. I only just tested it properly yesterday.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Since last summer before I got recording equipment, I just didn't go to back to it when I got it. It didn't make any sense when I was trying to figure out some characters frame data who had not been done. I noticed the same thing then too. I only just tested it properly yesterday.

*sigh* so this isn't a joke?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I wonder will KT Smith try to Ignore this as well, and pass it off like its not a problem also.

As apparently we are ''still obsessing over bullshit'', as if its not a big deal.

And in my opinion, this game still has a few things to be fixed and balanced, But, your not allowed to have a problem with anything in the game anymore, it's not cool, your just supposed to shut up and get rammed by it.
You should have tagged me; I almost missed this.

You can't just say stuff and tag "but that's just my opinion" at the end and expect it to be unassailable. Especially when you toss passive aggressive remarks in. "I think damage resets are bullshit, but if you need to use them go for it".

Also, are you really living in a world where NRS/WB are going to fix all of the engine issues? If so, you need a reality check: 99.9% this game is going to stay the way it currently is, which is fine. The only true issue is the input bug. This Player 1 advantage thing is runner up.

And @ the rest of the community, this is the exact same "THE SKY IS FALLING" reaction I've seen time and time again since launch. There will be an effect, but we will adapt and before we know it we will accept it just like the input bug, meter drain, and others.

If you can't deal, go play a different game because this one is NOT going to be changed.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
You should have tagged me; I almost missed this.

You can't just say stuff and tag "but that's just my opinion" at the end and expect it to be unassailable. Especially when you toss passive aggressive remarks in. "I think damage resets are bullshit, but if you need to use them go for it".

Also, are you really living in a world where NRS/WB are going to fix all of the engine issues? If so, you need a reality check: 99.9% this game is going to stay the way it currently is, which is fine. The only true issue is the input bug. This Player 1 advantage thing is runner up.

And @ the rest of the community, this is the exact same "THE SKY IS FALLING" reaction I've seen time and time again since launch. There will be an effect, but we will adapt and before we know it we will accept it just like the input bug, meter drain, and others.

If you can't deal, go play a different game because this one is NOT going to be changed.

I think you're going to see just that after this. ;)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I'm sorry, but how is $16k being put on the table for this game? The other crap, whatever, we got used to it. The meter drain glitch is the one thing that really pisses me off but I got over it. Player 1 getting advantage though? That's such horse shit. This is hands down the most depressing discovery.

Super Smash Bros Mortal Kombat Edition, I guess.

@KT_Smith (Not sure how you tag guys with two word names), While I agree this is unlikely to be patched or hotfixed out, it does mean that in tournies we're now going to have an issue over who sits on P1 side. And we could have players switching sides after losing. Which is both lousy because it:
A. Wastes more time.
B. Looks awful to potential spectators
C. Is STILL Unfair to the guy on P2 in game 1.

How much of an advantage/disadvantage this is depends upon the player.character....I've seen some players like say CD Jr.'s Jax rarely seem to be in trade situations, whereas you see things like Chris G's reptile constantly get into trades in the air.