What's new

Pig's MLG Online Tourney - Appreciation thread

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
You guys are all the fucking shit, and you know it.

All my stuff will be replaced by next week, so if you guys decide to do another one and Im not stuck at work, I'll be glad to join in. I'll die, but I could care less, we all die online, even when we win. I just wanna have fun. I never get to see you fuckers.

Espio

Kokomo
Thanks to everyone who organized this and spent their time, money, energy, and efforts to make this event specials as well as all the players who competed, stay classy <3.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
Was it streamed? I still need to check out the stream's; i only saw part on my phone mid way until the second to last match on the ps3 side. Honestly aside from the reo thing, it seems like everyone had a good time and I didn't even hear much complaining about lag. I really hope there's something else like this. I'd be nice to have MLG put on another one, but they need to detail how it works better; by the time i knew how it was running, they closed registration :(
Lol I beat him first match, then it disconnected after I went up a round in match 2. We played another 4 matches before someone would a full match. It came down to another 3 matches that reached match point for both of us and disconnected again. It went down to the wire once more and he came out on top. Im not mad as Tyler and I are good friends IRL and he played VERY well. its just that the lag was absurd, and I had to play two fellow GA players in a row.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
In talks with Pherleece and some others about setting up future online tournaments like this to help get online players to tourneys. I think its really good for the scene, even with the bullshit and lag - its fun. Hopefully people would still participate after the fiasco.

CRUM

Noob
In talks with Pherleece and some others about setting up future online tournaments like this to help get online players to tourneys. I think its really good for the scene, even with the bullshit and lag - its fun. Hopefully people would still participate after the fiasco.
I'll definitely participate. I had a blast playing.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Pig is the man. He has done sooooo much for this community, and its not like he is just sitting around doing nothing but MK, this guy has a family and a job and STILL finds time to go out of his way for the MK community. This online tournament is yet another thing he took he time to do for everyone. This is a guy who truly thinks of others over himself.

jamessmk

I am your god
Im not sure who its directed at but go down the list of top players and you'll find very few name who have given back a lot of $, time, donations, etc into the scene

The ones who havent offered anything but have Mooched are easy to find
I am not going to go on and make a long list of the ego's. those people who ask for recognition or seek it for their accomplishments are only part of the blame. I can say this there is a short list of top players, or should I say most top players who display a sense of arrogance. This is not to point fingers at anyone, but everyone. The fact that a lone kid from Germany, which has very few MK players, has to have his online win over shadowed by something that is so trivial. Barry Bonds was caught doing steroids, did they take all the wins away from the Giants. Bill Belicheck was caught cheating did the take away the rings? Now I saw what has happened in this scene for over 20years, unfortunately it is still immature and players are still not happy with their own accomplishments. They continue to seek praise. Is this a community of "Friends" or "egotistical Competitors" I come here for friendships. My show is about entertainment, not division as it was once thought. Yeah, we cover some controversial issues within the community, but it is in hope of resolutions. Without the community my show is shit. It is the people, the regular one who make it. While I get some good guest, that is just icing on the cake. But, watching this and how it was exposed, how people reacted, and how it continues is sad. I really hope this is resolved soon and offer my show as a medium to get this resolved. With that said I will bet 98% certainty MLG Dallas will "NOT" happen. So all this drama is for an event that is never going to happen is silly. With that MLG and Sony mined all it could from the scene, and they are done, it's goodbye for now. So all you TOP players who bashed this very community need to rethink your anger. Don't spit in the communities face, then ask us to support a tournament for you to make a couple of dollars. Spit in the faces of those who fractured the scene. Oh and catch Tanya this week on OBS :) Now resume fighting for nothing. Reo is a friend, Pick is a friend, Marvaz is a friend. So kill each other and I will be ring announcer

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
The ego's! The drama! The community! 3 things that are absolutely tainted in this scene. One reason, top players dictating what it takes to be community oriented, please just get off your ego horses. The fact that you expect people to support MLG is insane and deserve a big FU, for your greed masked behind "The community". Why dont you stop masking you true motives. Truth is if you were not a top player making the money you would not want or care if it continued. So, in the name of community, you expect players who do not feel they can make a top placing to spend hundreds of dollars traveling and lodging and donate a $50 door fee to be donated into your pockets as winnings. Why dont you egotistical people just do a donation drive monthly for the community players to give you money in your pockets on a monthly basis. MLG is not the community, TYM, MKU, The On Blast Show, are not the community. It is each person here, offline or ONLINE. When I hear people say it is the communities fault MLG drops MK, I laugh my ass off. It is MLG and the ego peoples faults. Rather than embrace the community they bash they with telling them they are trash . "If , you call me stupid everyday, dont expect me to do you a favor in your time of need, we all remember what you say. All you people really need to get off the high horse enjoy the game for what it is and the community. If you want to make money get a job, plain and simple. If you have a job, then you obviously aint happy with the $$$ so find a 2nd one.
The point of competive gaming is not the $$ as much as it is the bragging right to be the top of your game. The money was just an ADDED incentive, that is why it has never been so much. Too many people want to make a fantasy ESPORTS, well guess what it will not last. Enjoy it at the level of EVO it dont get any better. Fact!
The Ego's hate on the community is what make the community go down. Competive is greeat, ego driven assholes is bad.
This is by far the best post i've seen in over one year of being apart of this community. Kudos james for just being the best real person.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
jamessmk you completely and totally missed the fact that MLG is not a pile of money; it's an experience. It's one of the first times that MK has received the first-rate spotlight it deserves in a professional way, with amazing presentation, a top-notch tourney experience and a good amount of sponsor backing. And it's produced some of the most exciting moments so far in the lifespan of MK.

*Regardless of the money*

It's been completely refreshing to have a tournament run so dependably without "Are they going to show MK? What time are the matches? Oh, they were suddenly moved to 5 hours later? Is it going to be on stream 1 or stream 2? Why are they showing Street Fighter instead? Are finals going to be on Sunday or is the tourney randomly going to be squeezed into 1 night?"

Anyway, I'm going to stop before this turns into a rant; but don't kid yourself about what it really means. It's been a true spotlight for this game, and the players.