What's new

Petition to add Oderus Urungus (late GWAR singer) to Mortal Kombat X Receives over 28,000 votes

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Are people totally missing the fact that this petition has over 28,000 votes?
And how much of those signatures are going to translate to actual sales? I highly doubt the majority of those signatures are from MK fans or people who actually will buy the character.

28k also seems like a very low number in comparison to MK9's numbers.

OR EVEN BETTER now that MKX is full of beards lets put FUCKIN'

And TAYLOR SWIFT!

Oh..wait... wrong kind of beard...

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Never heard of him til now. But I'm not sure a musician would fit into MK, no disrespect to him or anything cause I know he's dead but IDK. Just saying this seems very random. I'd rather see an extra DLC go to Riddick or someone who would actually fit into MK or IDK, Fujin? lol

Error

DF2+R2
This is a duplicate of a thread from over a month ago and I demand you close it and give me my props :DOGE
http://testyourmight.com/threads/petition-for-oderus-urungus-as-character-in-mkx.48111/

1. Nothing about GWAR's music is good.
2. Nothing about Oderus Urungus makes him deserve a spot in the roster.
3. Didn't Ed Boon already say this wouldn't happen?
4. This post already exists and has been pinned twice now.
5. Predator and Spawn would be much better guest characters because they aren't real people that died recently.

I don't care what the fans want, brutally murdering somebody who has died recently is incredibly disrespectful.
das liek, ur opinian man

he only said that it would need way more votes than it currently had, when the vote count was around >10,000

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Two things:
  • 28,000 signatures from GWAR fans mourning the loss of a band member should have little to no relevance in eating up a DLC spot in order to pay homage. All in a video game they could've given a fuck about otherwise.
  • When there's a slowdown in MKX news the dumbest shit gets front paged. I'd rather read CDjr's tweets about what he had for lunch.

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Wikipedia:

Backstory
According to the character's backstory,[2] Oderus Urungus is 50 billion years old, and was assembled on a planet called Scumdogia in "Syntho Womb 5" after pieces of his moldy war frame were found scattered throughout the galaxy. His only true companion was his cuttlefish, though lost for a short period it returned to its true resting place, strategically placed over his loins. According to interviews, Oderus's father was a supercomputer, and his mother was a petri dish. During a reading of "Goodnight Moon," Oderus revealed that he was born into a gladiatorial arena, during which time, he was given a sword, and battled an onslaught of "slowtards" who were trying to rape him. It is suggested in the lyrics of "Fire in the Loins" (fromRagNaRok) that Slymenstra Hymen is his sister, but this is never fully explained.

Maybe its just me but reading this for the first time...well...This just sounds like an idiotic add for MK. Even for DLC. Not to bash him, the band, or the fans, but I just don't get it. I guess I'm not metal enough
This sounds so stupid that it's actually amazing.

eNARV

Capital Punishment
Ok who the hell is this guy and WHY does this have 28,000 petition signatures??

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I don't think this late into development they're going to add any new characters. Even as DLC, everything has got to be made already.
Apparently, Martian Manhunter was developed due to the fan feedback after Injustice was released. To put it in a different way, the testers tested all characters, the main roster and DLC, and MMH wasn't one of those characters.

Levaranoia

War God
I'd rather this guy than a pallet swap ninja.

But that's none of my business.
Kindly headbutt the sidewalk till you lose consciousness, when you wake up if you still feel that way kindly repeat the step again. None of the "ninjas" are palette swaps and never would of been if not for constraints in the older systems. They all have their own individual moves and mindsets. None of them play remotely the same.