What's new

Perfect Legend's new guard against Batgirl [cartwheel] Pressure

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Carl "Perfect Legend" White has sent us a video that may make you smile. That is, if you have issues fighting against Batgirl pressure i.e. her cartwheel. @Perfect Legend Legend stumbled upon a new blocking technique that makes it much easier to not only block her pressure, but more importantly punish it.

He explains this and showcases it in this video.

Attachments

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Hmm. I'm not sure I follow. From what I can see, he's blocking low then stand blocking. That's a "cross-block?"

TKB

Noob
By that logic I will just eat the overhead and stay crouching... As long as I don't eat the plus frames I'm good

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'm fairly positive not every character can do this

Try this w ZOD, zatanna, ares, aka slow walk speeds/and non floating characters

I'll make a video tonight showing 100% what everyone should be doing vs cartwheel but I feel also it's old info

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
For those who might not get what he's saying, block the cartwheel low up until the final hit then block high/punish. This causes the last hit of db2u to whiff or you'll block the overhead version. For the record, he says just get with the low because he doesn't care he'll take the damage but with the low being 18 frames on startup you could probably still fuzzy that too haha.

Also when I go to find tech, just sitting in the lab and finding it randomly is usually what happens to me too :DOGE

Obligatory "Dur hur, I knew this tech months ago but didn't share it." :DOGE
This was actually known...kind of. The last hit of db2u only whiffs if you block low for the first couple of hits of the cartwheel, otherwise for some reason all the hits hit you (on block, even when low blocking). I think this is what's happening here and why the last hit of db2u whiffs, he's standing up just slightly after the last hit of the db2u comes out.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I've known this for a while...for me her jump ins and Smoke Bomb are more concerning than Bat Wheel.

(and that vortex *gag*)

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
I didn't even know this was tech, I just always blocked against Batgirl this way and thought it was a bad habit because I'd get hit by the low every now and then.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
This is my fault lol
Edit: Also Tom Brady knew about this lol. And yes ill definitely use the LOW because it grants BG the most frame advantage on hit. And a wakeup/vortex situation
Uh does db2u not have the biggest hit advantage?

AssassiN

Noob
I'm fairly positive not every character can do this

Try this w ZOD, zatanna, ares, aka slow walk speeds/and non floating characters

I'll make a video tonight showing 100% what everyone should be doing vs cartwheel but I feel also it's old info
If you're talking about blocking the wheel crouching and backdashing the mix-up. Then yeah, Reo showed that early on in a video.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
No shit. But every time I tell someone this I'm a downplayer.
BG is top 3-5 and that has nothing to do w backdashing cw pressure/mix ups

Anyone can poke and full combo ZOD out of 90% of his strings but that doesn't mean he isn't top 5 either

@Pan1cMode also just because u block or backdash cw options doesn't mean you're free or safe, you still are in her wheelhouse where she's most dangerous

And most characters can do nothing about blocking her mix ups correctly due to pushback

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
BG is top 3-5 and that has nothing to do w backdashing cw pressure/mix ups

Anyone can poke and full combo ZOD out of 90% of his strings but that doesn't mean he isn't top 5 either

@Pan1cMode also just because u block or backdash cw options doesn't mean you're free or safe, you still are in her wheelhouse where she's most dangerous

And most characters can do nothing about blocking her mix ups correctly due to pushback
All of the above I have said multiple times (well, not the Zod stuff). I agree. That doesn't change the fact that cartwheel isn't as hard to deal with as people say. First it was a 'godlike' wakeup (until everyone realised, "hey basically everyone in the cast can stuff it up huh") then it was a 'godlike' pressure tool; really it's just a decent move that BG has as part of her arsenal.

I have never upplayed nor downplayed BG.