Perfect Legend's Kung Lao Tips & Tricks: Punishing the Wakeup and More

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by STORMS, Nov 17, 2012.

• by STORMS, Nov 17, 2012 at 8:39 PM
  • STORMS

STORMS "I said... shake, rattle and roll!" Staff Member

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    Today, Perfect Legend, your two-time Mortal Kombat Evolution World Champ posted some strategy videos for Kung Lao. These videos are short and sweet to primarily showcase the tech involved here and it may open up the Shaolin's eyes a bit more. These techs are strictly for use at a competitive level and as you will see... these are just a few of the things that make Kung Lao great. Dive in to the mind of the champ and see things differently.

• Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by STORMS, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Puchi
    Brilliant ;)
  2. CrazyBread
    Fuck I use half of those chars lol
    CYracks likes this.
  3. CYracks
    You forgot to post videos of PL dancing.
  4. STRYKIE
    Scorpion gets bigger punishes in these situations meterless...

Oh wait, so THAT'S why KL ain't top 10!
  5. AU_IM_DIGIMON
    There's no Mishimas in these videos -__-
  6. ManOfManyActs
    youre on the wrong site then
    Konqrr likes this.
  7. FrothyOmen
    Frostbarrier likes this.
  8. AU_IM_DIGIMON
    Fixed ;)
  9. WayoftheFist
    Passing the time till your hot pockets are done cooking?
  10. ChrisJG
    I dont get why sektor doesn't have invincibility when you roll into him. Can someone explain why the f3 connects
  11. Karried
    Probably something to due with frame data. Wake has 11 frames invincibility, uppercut is like 29 frame and F3 is 18.
  12. Obs_SmSwag
    He rolled under the damn elbow, that's godlike. I never guessed to punish those air spin whiffs with an IA DK. Good shit, this is very useful.
  13. REDRUM
    they screwed sektor out
    pimpimjim likes this.
  14. GGA Dizzy
    Perfect Legend ChrisJG

Beating out sektor's EX flamethrower on wake up isn't possible in a match. Training mode wake ups are bugged.

Normally all regular wake up attacks have 11 frames of invincibility and EX have 20 frames. In training mode both regular and EX have 11 frames of invincibility.
  15. REDRUM

makes me think all the training mode vids might be flawed potentially in comparison to doing them in 2p versus mode...
  16. Perfect Legend
    No it works for Kung Lao after the knockdown set ups I use. I've done this to Ketchup and Pig very consistently in match play
  17. ChrisJG
    Unless roll has a weird property that I'm not aware of this should be the same for all other otg's (I didn't even know roll otg'd before this) but I'm positive that I've used an attack that otg'd on someone on the ground and then they did ex wakeup and my move didn't connect. Not trying to call you a liar or anything but some in game usage of this would be nice.
  18. Perfect Legend
    Roll just has hella active frames
  19. ChrisJG
    Maybe it's something to do with a gap between the execution frames and the invincibility frames, since roll has
    it can consistently connect in between that gap.
  20. BlackBryan
    I dare a Lao to roll. Wish a nigga would. b112 errytime.
  21. XxMWFxX 616
    perfect legend is the man everyone needs to stop tryin to find flaws in what hes willingly showing to people that he doesnt even have to. Perfect lengend has hella skill and i cant stand lao and im a pl fan still