What's new

Perfect Legend Wins Mortal Kombat 9 at The Fall Classic 2014!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Today Mortal Kombat 9 had a side-tournament at the prestigious "The Fall Classic" 2014 held in Raleigh, North Carolina. In case you missed the action, the Grand Finals came down to the Perfect Legend (Kung Lao) taking on the rising star, RM Sonic Fox (Sonya Blade). Although, we do not have all highlights at this time, we can tell you that the finals were a very close set w/ Perfect Legend taking yet another Mortal Kombat 9 trophy home.

plmktfc.jpg
via Carl "Perfect Legend" White's Facebook page

Mortal Kombat 9 Top 3: (full results coming soon!)
1. Perfect Legend
2. RM Sonix Fox
3. The Steam Co CD Jr

Attachments

coolwhip

Noob
Yeah that's what I said a couple of posts further down lol. I agree, it's the one match-up worth counter-picking, but the problem is PL went through a phase where he was almost playing more Kabal than Lao and it hurt him. He was picking Kabal for pretty much every low-ish hitbox character and he ran to him any time he lost a match to counter-pick. It never made sense to me. He plays the Kitana match-up far better as Kung Lao than Kabal for example, despite the difference in those match-up numbers.

Yeah that's what I said a couple of posts further down lol. I agree, it's the one match-up worth counter-picking, but the problem is PL went through a phase where he was almost playing more Kabal than Lao and it hurt him. He was picking Kabal for pretty much every low-ish hitbox character and he ran to him any time he lost a match to counter-pick. It never made sense to me. He plays the Kitana match-up far better as Kung Lao than Kabal for example, despite the difference in those match-up numbers.
Realistically speaking, lao can fight cyrax as well and DJT/Maxter have said this, lao players just have to change their play style. It is 6 4, so lao is always able to compete. I ain't going to lie tho, DJT and Maxter play vs lao so well, it looks like 8 2 #YEEEAAAPP