What's new

Perfect Legend Wins Mortal Kombat 9 at Summer Jam 8

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Oh man, top 4 was hella hype, Cdjr vs Sonic Fox, OMG.

and colt was on the stream chat chilling with us, it was awesome.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I was joking about him being average, he's pretty great haha. However he may not be top 5. He loses 4 matchups. Kabal Kenshi Cyrax are pretty much guaranteed top 3. The next two spots might go to Freddy and Sonya
I still disagree with him being lower in tier lists then Kenshi. :) Just because Kenshi got several 5-5 but it's like i have to work hard to make it look like 5-5 while for my oponnent it's 5-5 regardless.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
@Perfect Legend Here to prove that , sure, he can be stopped but he will not stop coming back! With 49 entrants at Summer Jam 8's Mortal Kombat 9 tournament, it was stacked with faces we haven't seen in a while. Within the midst of competition was REO, Tom Brady, CD Jr, Mike Metroid, Blackula, THE EMPEROR, Chris G, SonicFox, Cossner, 7L and many more.

Below are the results credit to Shoryuken.com

View attachment 9036

Results full credit to Shoryuken.com
*My apologies for the late article. I was out and wasn't able to catch the top 8.*

randyth

Noob
I havent seen the videos yet (will do later today), but I'm sure it will be hella hype as I am suprised by the endranking.
The list of entrants alone is too hype: CDjr, Reo, PL, SonicFox, TomBrady(!!!!!!). I applaud all who entered (mad props!).

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
COSSNER! So hype to see a Reptile in top 8, and tbh I'm glad it's you bro.

Also, big ups to all the players - that's a fuckin' all star line-up right thar.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
See guys, this is what happens when you wear a Perfect Legend shirt to a tournament. And you all laughed at them...

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
I still disagree with him (Kung Lao) being lower in tier lists then Kenshi. :) Just because Kenshi got several 5-5 but it's like i have to work hard to make it look like 5-5 while for my oponnent it's 5-5 regardless.
This is the new topic. Discuss

coolwhip

Noob
This is the new topic. Discuss
You can only put Kung Lao in the same tier as Kenshi if you're grouping characters together. But if we're assigning a position/ranking to each character, then Kenshi is definitely higher on the list.

I still think the list goes as follows:

1-Kabal
2-Kenshi
3-Cyrax
4-Sonya
5-Freddy
6-Kung Lao

Then it's a bunch of interchangeable stuff between Smoke, Kitana, Cage, Jax, etc...

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
You can only put Kung Lao in the same tier list as Kenshi if you're grouping characters together. But if we're assigning a position/ranking to each character, then Kenshi is definitely higher on the list.

1-Kabal
2-Kenshi
3-Cyrax
4-Sonya
5-Freddy
6-Kung Lao

Then it's a bunch of interchangeable stuff between Smoke, Kitana, Cage, Jax, etc...
Unless you're in the EU, then the tier list is like:
1) Sub Zero
[everyone else]

Immortal

Blind justice....
You can only put Kung Lao in the same tier as Kenshi if you're grouping characters together. But if we're assigning a position/ranking to each character, then Kenshi is definitely higher on the list.

1-Kabal
2-Kenshi
3-Cyrax
4-Sonya
5-Freddy
6-Kung Lao

Yhm... no.

Just don't make assumption about Kenshi... like never again.