What's new

Path of Exile: The awakening launches July 10th

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Is this an expansion or something? I've been looking for a good ARPG, probably about time I gave this a go.
The game is widely regarded as the true successor of D2 and the company's developers created it to be exactly that, them being oldschool D2 players.

The awakening is a new expansion which bring tons of new shit, the 4th act, 8 new bosses, ups the endgame area monster levels, fixes desync and tons more, definitely give this a go. I would make an account right now, play around and try to understand the game before the expansion hits.

They've improved the levelling experience ALOT so it should be way funner once the expansion releases, lots of gems had specific level requirements and make levelling a huge grind before but are now available from lower lvls and purchasable from vendors instead of being only quest rewards.

The game is widely regarded as the true successor of D2 and the company's developers created it to be exactly that, them being oldschool D2 players.

The awakening is a new expansion which bring tons of new shit, the 4th act, 8 new bosses, ups the endgame area monster levels, fixes desync and tons more, definitely give this a go.
Oh God. The amount of time I spent on D2 lol. Going to have to give this a go for sure. Is there an actual trade market or did they destroy it like D3?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Oh God. The amount of time I spent on D2 lol. Going to have to give this a go for sure. Is there an actual trade market or did they destroy it like D3?
Trading is done via trade chats unfortunately, there's an external site called poe.xyz in which you type exactly what kind of item you want and you're shown a list of items with buyouts, fixed prices and the like along with the names of the sellers and whether they're online or not. In order to sell your stuff you unfortunately have to download one of 2 programs designed to access your account and create a shop thread from which the site I mentioned earlier will list your items for other players to see.

GGG had the option of either fixing the trade system or desync, desync was deemed more important and for a good reason.

Ahh fair enough. I was hoping for a D2-like economy with hr's runewords and all that. Not a big deal though, i've used trade sites before. I'll give it a download this week. Probably hit you up for a bit of direction regarding builds etc.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Ahh fair enough. I was hoping for a D2-like economy with hr's runewords and all that. Not a big deal though, i've used trade sites before. I'll give it a download this week. Probably hit you up for a bit of direction regarding builds etc.
The game's economy is based around currency you can use to craft items, there's no gold.

E.g the primary currency is chaos orbs which reroll the stats of rare items. The most expensive is the mirror of kalandra which creates a duplicate of an item under the condition you can't use further currency to modify it.

There's currency used to craft your own items, change certain stats, add, link or change the colours of your gear's sockets etc.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Ok good, I hate gold as a currency. Look forward to trying this out.
This is an example of the buying process, I wanted to buy a helmet with energy shield as a "life" base and good resistances, this is what I would be looking at to find a good item for a good price.