What's new

Online Meta vs Offline Meta

(Please read thread first) Which style of play does online favor more?

• Total voters

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I would say aggressive for sure, punishing isn't as consistent online like it is offline and frame advantage / disadvantage is not reliable either. Aggressive play styles are really good when there is lag involved because you can't defend as effectively as you should be able to.

I still try to play online how I would offline though, I find it helps keep my game consistent and playing online can get you in bad habits for offline, like doing certain moves you're used to getting away with because of online.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Man .... the fact that this topic even exists makes me a sad panda.

hope it isn't the case in the future.

i'm also pretty sure I read that someone said 50/50........ why are you trying to react? it already was a guess.... now you can just do it sooner. :D

Yoaks

A spaceman
if this is true, which characters are best in each setting?

Online:
Bane
Sinestro
Batman
DD
Aquaman
Black Adam?
Definitely Batman.
Black Adam? Good luck punishing divekick online lol.
DD? ES is unblockable.
Aquaman actually has mixups online. b2, f1 on block than b12 is a mixup lol
Nightwing in my opinion jumps up a tier online. Has mixups in staff and you can't react to flip kick online either.
Flash. Hooo Gawd I hate this character.

Error

DF2+R2
I'd say online everything is a 50/50 but this is all due to aggressive play, and by 50/50s I mean just simple cross-ups that you have to block 3 seconds in advance.
if this is true, which characters are best in each setting?

Online:
Bane
Sinestro
Batman
DD
Aquaman
Black Adam?
Black Adam is probably worse online, divekicks will only get him so far in a good connection. Batgirl on the other hand can do no wrong online.

Last edited: