What's new

Match-up Discussion ONGOING Bane MU chart

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Good post, man. I think you hit the nail 100% on the head about knowing Bane's ins and outs but potentially underestimating the options of others. I personally feel you might be doing just that with some of Doomsday's strengths, especially his corner game and ability to get there, but in the long run we're debating a 1 point difference anyway so it's all good.
I know DD's strengths, he is a character I underestimated before but now I actually know a fair bit. He can be strong, and as you said its a 1 point difference, but I can tell you outright, the result of the match is how well DD can manage his meter. Bane doesn't really have to manage much, so long as the DD gets sloppy even once he can take a lead and keep it forever. He has, by far, the easier time of the two. I'm not debating a 7-3, no sir, but a 6-4 seems to feel about right. I know some tech DD can do that Bane has trouble with, but as it stands DD has much more to worry about, and has to work harder than Bane does.

L1FTER

Noob
I play Biohazard offline quite often and I totally agree the Bane-DS is looking accurate at 6-4. Basically in the corner there is fuck all I can do when he's level 2-3 venom and keeping him away is not easy to do.

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
I want this chart to be as accurate as possible. I'm on mobile right now, so Banes please give me what your opinions are on the chart and what I should tweak.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
um 2 thoughts:
in the doomie mu how does pushblock weigh into the corner game. a pushblocked es would get dd off bane better than other characters i think. and while it may work a bit the other way around doomie would have to worry about his tick throw and double punch cancels which essentially make hime waste a bar to eat 18-32 percent or whatever. also what are each characters options at pushblock range.

in the superman mu i dont see what about supermans zoning that gives him any more trouble than any other character. he can only do 4 mb eye lasers before its not a threat and he has no meter. also if superman gets knocked down and his trait runs out its still ggs. he has to be standing to activate it. i kinda cant see it being anything other than even.

Reactions: Kyu

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
um 2 thoughts:
in the doomie mu how does pushblock weigh into the corner game. a pushblocked es would get dd off bane better than other characters i think. and while it may work a bit the other way around doomie would have to worry about his tick throw and double punch cancels which essentially make hime waste a bar to eat 18-32 percent or whatever. also what are each characters options at pushblock range.

in the superman mu i dont see what about supermans zoning that gives him any more trouble than any other character. he can only do 4 mb eye lasers before its not a threat and he has no meter. also if superman gets knocked down and his trait runs out its still ggs. he has to be standing to activate it. i kinda cant see it being anything other than even.
Was actually just running this with SaucyJack. He says its even as well, the lasers aren't such a horrible problem. They fucked me up a few matches because I didn't know straight lasers were plus, but Bane punishes wakeups hard as fuck and can beat out footsies with armor provided supes doesn't have his trait. Supes can't activate trait unless its something like f23 trait or f2 trait. Very even MU imo

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
As zod you gotta try to keep him out. Nothing you can really do once he's in. 9-1 zod if bane doesn't get in 9-1 bane if he does. His dash cancel isn't so huge in the MU unless bane uses it to get past all the zoning, but once he's in he's pretty much in debuff

is it possible to train oneself to see banes body press comming? and Bane will get in eventually, doesnt zod have SOME options at least?

i need to play this and the DD MU.....

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
is it possible to train oneself to see banes body press comming? and Bane will get in eventually, doesnt zod have SOME options at least?

i need to play this and the DD MU.....
Its 20 frames, so no its not really likely to train oneself to see it coming. You can make a light read and cover multiple options using stuff like IA zod charge and Mb b.3

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Its 20 frames, so no its not really likely to train oneself to see it coming. You can make a light read and cover multiple options using stuff like IA zod charge and Mb b.3
i dunno...if u can train urself to do something when u see his arms go wide...then maybe, i remembered i was working on it against a computer at one point but then i just stopped. and how is IA zod charge gonna work when he has armor? wouldnt a neutral attack be better? and once bane gets in, shouldnt i be looking for opennings to parry? since that would put him back to fullscreen?

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
i dunno...if u can train urself to do something when u see his arms go wide...then maybe, i remembered i was working on it against a computer at one point but then i just stopped. and how is IA zod charge gonna work when he has armor? wouldnt a neutral attack be better? and once bane gets in, shouldnt i be looking for opennings to parry? since that would put him back to fullscreen?
If you're busy looking for Body Press, you're going to start getting blown up by stuff like DP and D1.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Air zod charge actually blows up Bane trying to neutral (because of how slow they are) and command grab (because it cant snag you out of the air), leaving him with the risky Venom Uppercut, or the sub-optimal Double Punch (DP)

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
I think Shazam and Nightwing could be bad for him but I am a downplayer and I've only ever ran those matches online so I cant really say shit.
I refuse to say Grundy is an 8-2, I know its horrible for the guy but 1 good read could be hell for Bane.
Also I think Zod might be in our favour he's free as fuck on wakeup and trait isn't as effective on Bane in certain situations.

Apart from that it's a thumbs up from me.
No way man, 8:2 is right. It;s not just about the reads, it's about your bl00dy throw immunity that screws up grundy game.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
No way man, 8:2 is right. It;s not just about the reads, it's about your bl00dy throw immunity that screws up grundy game.
Sure throw immunity takes away the threat of WC not being cancelled but Grundy still has a ton of options off well time WCC's. it's an uphill battle for sure but his armor can soak up more hits than Bane's so he essentially "just" has to power through enough of Bane's shit to land a hit. WCC's into yet more armor (mb swamp hands/cleaver) are even sometimes necessary, but he can definitely make things happen better against Bane if your timing and reads are on point than he can against someone like Hawkgirl. It's not almost as bad as these two lost to pre-patch Adam.

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
Sure throw immunity takes away the threat of WC not being cancelled but Grundy still has a ton of options off well time WCC's. it's an uphill battle for sure but his armor can soak up more hits than Bane's so he essentially "just" has to power through enough of Bane's shit to land a hit. WCC's into yet more armor (mb swamp hands/cleaver) are even sometimes necessary, but he can definitely make things happen better against Bane if your timing and reads are on point than he can against someone like Hawkgirl. It's not almost as bad as these two lost to pre-patch Adam.
Disagree entirely but you're entitled to your opinion.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Maybe things have changed, but the problem for SG in my experience was always d2. The range is absurd and it prevented Grundy from getting close enough to do anything. Cancelling it into charge/body press/double punch made it a mindless win button. But I've only just started playing seriously again. Not sure if the meta has changed.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Maybe things have changed, but the problem for SG in my experience was always d2. The range is absurd and it prevented Grundy from getting close enough to do anything. Cancelling it into charge/body press/double punch made it a mindless win button. But I've only just started playing seriously again. Not sure if the meta has changed.
It's pretty much the same but with b2 on oki now lol.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Disagree entirely but you're entitled to your opinion.
There's nothing to disagree with. Hit the lab and set Bane to various d2/d1/b1/b2 cancels and learn the timing for WCC'ing through it. It can be done, it's just difficult and requires the right read.