What's new

OMEGA mode for Ultra Street Fighter IV Is Here!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The best thing to hit SFIV has finally arrived!

Let's get some discussions going!

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I just won a game of ranked, and lost 200 player points, then lost a game and gained 70 player points. Ranked is freaking out.

Omega is weird too, a lot of the inputs are buggy. You can walk forward, then delay a really long time before you do QCF and a lot of added DP moves will still come out (like Poison gets her DP Kick instead of her new QCF Kick)

Loving Ryu's new non-omega fireballs.

THTB

I just won a game of ranked, and lost 200 player points, then lost a game and gained 70 player points. Ranked is freaking out.

Omega is weird too, a lot of the inputs are buggy. You can walk forward, then delay a really long time before you do QCF and a lot of added DP moves will still come out (like Poison gets her DP Kick instead of her new QCF Kick)

Loving Ryu's new non-omega fireballs.
Are they that much better?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So far of all characters i've played here are my honest opinions:

Ibuki:
- Can use neutral jumps normals out of tsujigoe, this was probably her best change
- Tsumuji changed, only MK tsumuji is only one hit and is the only one loopable, lk tsumuji is knockdown
- Ground Kunai, this replaces her tsumuji into combos, aside of being much easier to loop with, you can combo into Yami Shigure with 2 bars and its a hard knockdown that sets for kunai traps.
- Kasumi Suzaku now is QCFx2KKK it can be done from the ground.
- Kasumi Gake, can be FDC'd during the command dash holy shit.
- Kazekiri H version has absurd heights, EX version has an insane kick that adds some more damage.
- Raida, has an aditional hit
- Air kunais are still there
- Neckbreaker wasn't touched.

She is alright, i think she looks very hard to control because her normals are on different commands, like slide overhead Back spin and so on, she looks really different.

Ken
- lk.Tatsu from blast radius can link with 3 frames attacks (cr.LP, Shippu Jinrai Kyaku, Shoryuken)
-cl.HK its a knee that does 200 stun damage

Ken can stun characters really fast that i think its unfair, but this is probably the best ken right now, hope they do him justice in SFV

Evil Ryu
Disapointing, he feels like ultra, only with a different Hammer kick with ex'd, you can play E.Ryu exactly the same as you play Ultra E.Ryu

Chun
Holy shit, lots of combo possibilities, she is not a charging character in this version and has some kicks that can be FADC'd to combo.

Cammy
KABAL, nuff said.

Don't believe me, check her then.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
When I saw the trailer stuff for this mode... I instantly though I might want to play it again just for shits an giggles.

But I seriously hate the concept of charge characters and one of my favorites is a charge character :( my 2nd favorite also is as well.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Someone make a thread of character notes. I'm too lazy to keep updating it. I thought the movelist would be updated for Omega as well, oh well :/

I don't see big changes on Ryu all I find is what's already known:
-Parry (F HP+HK)
-B HK overhead
-cl. LP , MP , HP , HK target combo
-EX Shoryu is now 5 hits
-Heavy Shoryu only 1 hit

Universal changes:
-No Ultra W
-No Hard knockdowns (so no delay wake up, everything can be quickstood)
-No Red Focus
-Lv 1 Focus leads to knockdown
-Forward dash sped up and less recovery

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Ibuki
Yami Gura - RDP+P
Yami Shigure - RDP+PP 3rd Strike
Overhead - DF+ MK
Sazan - DF+LK
Spin kick - B+HK
Tsumuji: QCB + K (light version is knockdown, only the medium version is combo-able, and is a 1 frame link)
Kazekiri - DP+K
Kazakiri - DP+KK
Neckbreaker - QCF+P
Ex Neckbreaker - QCF+PP
Kunai (air) Jump QCF+P
Kazumi Suzaku QCFx2 + K (can be done from the ground or in the air, is combo-able with normals.)
Raida: QCF+P
Backhand Punch - F+PP
Step in Fierce - P

Changes:
Tsujigoe: You can cancel either with Kunai or neutral jump normals, it can setup some pretty ambiguous stuff
Tsumuji: Light version is knockdown, medium version only does one hit, you can press for followup like in 3rd strike, hard version is like her regular hard from SF4.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
E Ryu

-New command normal F HP can be charged. Full charge leads to knockdown
-EX Axe kick now consumes 2 bars and does more damage
-cl. HK now 3 hits
-2QCB + P leads to new air Fireball

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Ken

-Fireballs now come from kicks. L M and H act like Gouken Fireballs. EX acts like Seth EX Sonic Booms. The kick animation also hits
-cl. HK has a new animation
-cl. MK now does 2 hits
-Super (Shoryu Reppa) now done by 2QCF + K and is the 3rd Strike variant. Also deals a FUCKTON of damage. Any random combo I've done so far lead to 500+ damage
-EX Tatsu travels less distance and leads to knockdown
-New Special QCF K hits twice, can be held down for an overhead feint that also hits twice. EX consumes 2 bars (Shippu Jinrai Kyaku)
-EX Shoryu travels half screen and does 7 hits. Similar to Sakura's DP
-L Shoryu launches higher connects with Super , Shippu and H/EX DP midscreen and U1 and EX Tatsu in the corner too
- Air Tatsu starts up slow and speeds up

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Fei Long

-Super has a different animation and does more damage
-Rekkukyaku is now done by doing HCF + K. L version hits once and knocks down, M does an air combo, H acts like normal, EX acts like normal. Air juggle no longer leads to U1.
-EX Rekka now knocks down on 2nd hit
-New QCB + P Special that hits twice. First hit can be FADCd and followed up, 2nd hit launches. Leads to (Any)Chicken Wing , EX Rekkas , Super , Ultra , L Backfist(New Special)
-New DP + P Special (I'll call it backfist for now). Hits once, EX causes a wallbounce that leads to a 1 hit HRekka Juggle , EX Rekkas or U1

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Check Decapre i found her weird, i couldn't do Cannon Strikes, maybe they removed from the omega version.

THTB

Gen has an infinite.

lol

Honestly if you're taking Omega seriously... You're missing the point.
I'm taking it seriously because it's fucking fun. It's a very gimmicky and hilarious mode, but USFIV isn't interesting to play for me at all.

@Eddy Wang I've been using Decapre. She is so fun.

They've done a lot of general changes too. Jabs don't push as far back, a lot of moves have better forward hitboxes, lack of hard knockdowns makes the game actually more neutral-heavy than SFIV has ever been, and movement overall is so fast now. Honestly, wackiness aside, there's some really legit ideas that do change the way the game is played compared to normal aside from the crazy shit.