What's new

Oldies Music, who else enjoys it?

Can we discuss this? Am I the only person who is in love with the past. I love everything about that era of time that's positive, from music, architecture, cars, women, and the values and class people had.

Post some of your favorite things or songs, I am curious.

E

Eldriken

What do you consider to be "oldies?"

If we're talking 70s and earlier, definitely not me. Now, if we're talking the 80s? Hell, I could go on forever. I'm an 80s kid (born in '84) and thoroughly enjoy the music.

What do you consider to be "oldies?"

If we're talking 70s and earlier, definitely not me. Now, if we're talking the 80s? Hell, I could go on forever. I'm an 80s kid (born in '84) and thoroughly enjoy the music.
Hmm, I like some 80s stuff but haven't explored it yet, but I enjoy the music that is the funky pop upbeat stuff.

Guess, I'll name the most obvious one Sinatra to Temptations, anything early 1900s to 70s?

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I like alot of different genres of music but my favorite is classic rock, from the beatles to led zeppelin to david bowie. Those were the golden years, far more creative and more soul then the commercial crap that they play on the radio nowadays.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
This a little towards new. But 90s rnb. Eventthough I'm a teen in this ratchet age I don't listen to that music. Mariah Carey and Boys ii Men <3

E

Eldriken

80's = oldies?
Some might consider music that's up to 34 years old as an "oldie." Not saying I do, but I just didn't know what Karried may have considered an oldie, which is why I asked. =P

+1 for the gif.

BarackaFlockaFlame

MK10 IT HAS BEGUN!
i grew up on oldies that all my parents would blast in the car so i would say the oldies will always have a place in my heart gotta love the classics!

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus
How old are we talking bout I listen to Beethoven. :DOGE

On a serious note I actually listen to classical music like Beethoven and Mozart is dat old enough?

p.s i guess i dont listen to the new oldies you guys listen to I listen to old oldies :(.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
I don't know what's considered old. I do know that present day music, film, and culture is pretty fucking shitty though.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Led Zeppelin, Supertramp, some David Bowie is great tunes. Some beatles, as well as Kenny Rogers and of course the man in black Johnny Cash.

Cash is actually my sons favorite artist, he falls asleep listening to his cds everynight. At first i wasnt really a fan but now i know all his songs. safe to say my son got me into Cash lol.

Not a fan of very many 80s stuff though...dont like Guns n roses or Pearl Jam.

oh also MJ is king, from any era i love all his stuff

Led Zeppelin, Supertramp, some David Bowie is great tunes. Some beatles, as well as Kenny Rogers and of course the man in black Johnny Cash.

Cash is actually my sons favorite artist, he falls asleep listening to his cds everynight. At first i wasnt really a fan but now i know all his songs. safe to say my son got me into Cash lol.

Not a fan of very many 80s stuff though...dont like Guns n roses or Pearl Jam.

oh also MJ is king, from any era i love all his stuff
You have a son with Goldfish? O_O.

Yes, Cash is amazing. But, music back then had so much meaning to it, you can tell it had heart into it, I don't know maybe, I am being super nostalgic today.