Official TYM MKII GG's Thread

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat II' started by TheRobzi11a, Apr 13, 2007.

1. MKillBill

MKillBill Sabumnim Staff Member

PSN:
    MKillBill
    Alright, it's time for some real talk. We need to define and understand the difference between shit-talking and trolling. Trolling is the act of starting an argument for the hell of it or being just plain disruptive or annoying. Shit-talking, on the other hand, is what occurs when there are facts or jabs being thrown in a competitive manner. Not a personal attack, but purely competitive. If you want to see shit talking, you should see what @summoning and I went through circa 2011 when our rivalry got heated. It was never personal or ad hominem, purely based on what we planned to do throughout the course of the game. The funny thing is that despite all the garbage we flung at each other, we came out of it with mutual respect for each other.

That said, @jesse89202 did not make his original or subsequent posts with the intent of starting a flame war, nor did he do it to troll or harass @Sub0's-Icy-Balls. Jesse called Sub0 out and posted a screenshot of a message that was sent by Sub0 on PSN. Jesse didn't break any rules by doing this. People post PSN and XBL messages that others send all the time and it's not a big deal, so long as they aren't being obnoxious about it. Nor did Sub0 break rules by sending that message as PSN and TYM are separate things and our rules do not apply on there. @dubson initially started down the same path as jesse but eventually went past the line and was warned for it. In case you are wondering, no warnings will be issued to EITHER party in this case.

Lastly, if I may just say this, and I am speaking to everyone who plays on MKAK ranked and takes those ranking scores seriously... THEY DON'T MEAN SHIT.
    Seriously, I sit back and read all these posts about rank from everyone and can't help but laugh sometimes "1300 player" and "1800 player" and "2000+ player." With all the hacking, cheating, and rank quitting that occurs with lack of penalty, what does it matter?? Anybody who plays MK2 seriously knows who the top players are, and they sure as hell aren't Mike Girard and his dozen accounts ten times over. We don't need a flawed ranking system to determine that. Anyone with common sense can figure that out and formulate their own objective rankings. I've said this many times before and I'll say it one final time. If you really want to know who the best players are and find out where you truly stand, the only way to know is to play offline. Come to a tournament and prove your skill.

As far as Jesse and Sub0 are concerned, play a 20 set with your best characters, random or free select (I could care less) and then find out for yourself who crushes who. Just keep it out of the good games thread, unless you intend to give legit praise without the snide remarks. Squash your beef with each other in the game where it matters, not in here.

If all else fails and you can't stand a particular user on this forum, use the ignore feature.

/rant
    StayHighFlyGuy, dubson and jesse89202 like this.
  2. summoning

summoning Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard

@MKillBill those were the good ol days , take all the rivalries and play in person

thats how you settle it out !!
    well said my friend:)
  3. tehdrewsus

tehdrewsus Ohio's Best at UMK3. Maybe. Probably not.

PSN:
    tehdrewsus
    Good games last night to...
    My daughter and niece?! What kind of a father am I?!
    Went to a birthday party for my nephew, and the girls ran to an MK2 machine. My daughter is standing on a chair, and in an earlier match my niece figured out mileenas sai throw on her own.

[​IMG]
    Konqrr, mortal_jason and jesse89202 like this.
  4. dudemcrude

dudemcrude Member

I don't always see eye to eye with Jason when it comes to character matchups, tier lists, and the like, but I do agree with him here. It was actually worse on OG MK2 because there were so many more players and, therefore, more trolls and duck artists. Not only did most elites have alts back then, but a lot of just good players had one, too. I had a good one and it served a three-tiered purpose;
    1. to avoid the unnecessary stress that came with people trying hard to troll and drop under my main account, which invariably wasted a good chunk of my playing time.
    2. to find extra games, since for some reason, a number of perfectly decent and sometimes even good players would avoid playing anyone who could compete with them (basically gaming bullies, just want to beat up on noobs and scrubs, but mentally fold in the face of a legit challenge)
    3. to add extra friends when the friend's list on my main was full

I'll also admit that I would occasionally run into an asshole, drop, log into my alt, find that asshole, and do whatever annoying thing they had done to me until they dropped. I also recorded some videos of people on my alt doing things they said they didn't do or even things they accused me or other honorable players of doing (taunting, spamming, dropping, counterpicking, etc.). Granted, these reasons aren't the most mature (and for that reason I never uploaded any of those types of vids), nor are they the reasons I opened my alt account in the first place, but they served their purpose. I never behaved any differently on my alt than I did on my main.

I would also use my alt to try to practice new tactics and strategies. I tried this under my main, but when you do that, you don't play as well, and some people think you're not trying to win or not taking them seriously. To avoid that kind of drama, it was nice to just be able to slip into a new name where nobody had any predetermined expectations. I know some other high level players would also open alts in order to get better with certain characters that they just didn't have a feel for.

Point is, while there are plenty of sketchy reasons to open up an alt account, there are plenty of legit reasons, too.
    Konqrr and mortal_jason like this.
  5. jesse89202

jesse89202 Member

Nice cabs. Wish I had one.. how much is it to buy or build one?
  6. mortal_jason

mortal_jason Kitana's Bodyguard

Well said.
  7. mortal_jason

mortal_jason Kitana's Bodyguard