Official TYM MKII GG's Thread

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat II' started by TheRobzi11a, Apr 13, 2007.

1. gamemk

gamemk Well-Known Member

I actually think pads should be banned at all tournaments, in all fgs. I use pad for every game, but I grew up on those mk and sf octo bat tops so I know how to use stick. I know there are things I can do on pad that just aren't as easy on stick. Mobility, for one, is superior on pad imo. However, I also think modifications to sticks should also be banned, like select plinking of jabs in sf4, but somehow people think it's ok even though japanese arcades don't have it. Every top player uses it, but it still seems stupid to me.

That said. I'm thinking about getting a keyboard to play on ps3. Lol.
  2. Konqrr

Konqrr ManBearPig

I hear ya... MK2, 5, 6, and 7 are the only MK games that I can play on pad. I honestly don't know if I could play the 3D MK games on a stick if I tried because of how much time I invested in them with a pad.
    Dyzvhtynzal likes this.
  3. Dyzvhtynzal

Dyzvhtynzal D020188 Premium Supporter

Lol, try smoking, drinking, and lying on a couch in front of a cabinet. Doesn't work out too well.
    mortal_jason likes this.
  4. Konqrr

Konqrr ManBearPig

You didn't grow up in an arcade then lol (aside from the couch part but I'd rather sit on a stool anyways)
  5. Dyzvhtynzal

I wasn't even allowed to cross the main street back in'83 in my hometown. One day i took my bike and went past that boundary though. The rumors about Sinistar had to be confirmed. I had only seen the side of the machine through a plate glass window from my mom's car.
    "Can we stop in the arcade?" I asked while we were at a stoplight.
    "No way," my mom replied. "You should stay away from those places."

I crossed the street the next day.
    mortal_jason and gamemk like this.
  6. Dyzvhtynzal

7. Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Sub0's-Icy-Balls Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)

gg's to everyone this weekend, I unleashed some serious Sub beatdowns on a lot of good players (except Jason beat me as usual)

@Dyzvhtynzal LOL, I cant play without my couch, drink, and pipe either!

"unknown phantom88" is fucking dirty cheater. I destroyed him multiple times and he left all day! And then he messages me some bullshit and wants to play friendly, fucking coward.
    Konqrr likes this.
  8. tehdrewsus

tehdrewsus Ohio's Best at UMK3. Maybe. Probably not.

PSN:
    tehdrewsus
    He's not too bad at UMK3 either.

Good games a while back, fly guy. Sorry I'm only merely serviceable with Kitana and Scorpion. I haven't kept up much.

I need to play this game more. The lag is disheartening, it lags worse than UMK3 imo. I spent a while scrubbing along in UMK3 before I got competitive.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014 at 1:34 PM
    StayHighFlyGuy likes this.
  9. tehdrewsus

PSN:
    tehdrewsus
    Pretty sure P2 CAN'T random select playing online in MKAK.
    MKillBill likes this.
  10. StayHighFlyGuy

StayHighFlyGuy All Star Fame

We need to play sometime, we're both in ohio so i imagine the connection will be fast.
  11. Dyzvhtynzal

i meant when that player becomes player1 on our next encounter. i usually random right off the bat unless a person is good and using the same character over and over and over again. everyone knows both players can't random in mkak.

and i agree with you in regards to mk3 being smooth. i can't remember the last time i had an unplayable match.
  12. mortal_jason

mortal_jason Kitana's Bodyguard

I find UMK3 is usually even harder to deal with in lag.
    Because blocking when an opponent runs in and combos is very difficult in delay.
    MK2 is slower, so the lag is more manageable, at least for me.
  13. mortal_jason

You mean '93?

I had the cousin that introduced me to MK1 & MK2. He lived by an arcade but was 200 miles from where I lived.
    Whenever my family vacationed in my cousin's town, I would try to hang out with him so we could roam the arcade!
    Nothing will ever compare to the arcade. But for consoles we have to be realistic. Pads are where it's at nowadays.
    If you really are better on a stick like KanoMK2 is, there is an MKAK stick available.
    Personally though that's like playing with a wooden tennis racquet when new titanium/graphite ones are being used to win Majors.
  14. Dyzvhtynzal

No, i mean 1983. It took your cousin to get you into mk2? Where were your friends at? Or you? lol. Everybody was instantly aware of the game where i grew up when it came around.

by the way, i broke about 7 wooden rackets i got from my aunt when i first started playing tennis in '94. Good times.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014 at 10:18 PM
  15. mortal_jason

1983 oh dang I thought you were my age, but I was an infant then. How old are you?
    I was pretty sheltered so I didn't see MK until my cousin had MK1 on Super NES.
    MK1 captivated me, then he took me to the arcade and I laid eyes on MK2.
    It was a drug I couldn't get enough of....

Broke 7 racquets? Bad temper or shoddy racquets?
  16. Konqrr

Konqrr ManBearPig

So I played a bunch of MKAK on both PSN and XBL... I have to say that the XBL version of this game is FAR superior. I had little to no lag on XBL along with the ability to random with P2 and the game plays smoother and even has more options than PSN. Literally every match I played in MKII and UMK3 on PSN was like playing underwater, good riddance... I'll be on XBL from now on.

GGs to anyone here that I played, @Sub0's-Icy-Balls completely destroyed me in our one game lol ... who plays Sub like that? NOBODY else... haha good shit man.
    gamemk likes this.
  17. tehdrewsus

PSN:
    tehdrewsus
    GGs to @Sub0's-Icy-Balls tonight.

BAD games to dynamike2468. Beat my kitana with raiden and mil, then Lost to my scorpion with mil. Then he rank quit. Lol.
  18. mortal_jason

Yes the Xbox version of MKAK is superior for all the reasons you mentioned. The Xbox controller however has the WORST dpad ever known to mankind.
    The controller that came with my Xbox was so bad my character couldn't even walk backwards without jumping up instead.
    It wasn't a defective controller either. That's just how they make em. I had to get a FIFA Xbox controller to actually be able to move.

If you think Icy Ball's Sub is scary, you should see Caldwell's or btbb's.
    But yeah he plays Sub pretty well!
    Konqrr likes this.
  19. mortal_jason

His ping is over 200, don't play people with red connection bars!
  20. tehdrewsus

PSN:
    tehdrewsus
    I wanted to play something besides the CPU. Maybe I'll get some good matches tonight.
  21. Dyzvhtynzal

39 Jay. Rackets were broken because of temper and the fact that they I think they were dry rodded..... or something. Hadn't been used much since the 70's with a surface area about half the size of today's rackets. I remember my friends and I getting into the bad habit of firing our newer rackets off anything and evrything though. Fences, garbage cans, straight off the ground, etc. Newer rackets are pretty durable. You can bend them up a bit though if you try. Smashing used tennis balls over the fence and into the woods was also fun. I'll get back out on those courts soon.
    mortal_jason likes this.
  22. Sub0's-Icy-Balls

@Konqrr
    gg's man

@Jason
    when I'm high as fuck and in the zone, my Sub is scarier than Caldwells, and my Sub is meaner than btbb's all the damn time! I actually believe that it's more about the people match-ups, I feel like I do bad vs you, but have an easier time vs btbb.
    Konqrr likes this.
  23. Sub0's-Icy-Balls

shit, my Sub is so good someone (probably Rocky) made a fake version of my tag to mess with me and bring my awesomeness down!
    gamemk likes this.
  24. Konqrr

Konqrr ManBearPig

My stick is dual modded so I don't have to ever feel the pain of an xbox pad ever again!