Official TYM MKII GG's Thread

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat II' started by TheRobzi11a, Apr 13, 2007.

1. mortal_jason

mortal_jason Kitana's Bodyguard

Guess everyone stopped because the lag on MKAK is a load of horse shit.
    It's to the point where even I want to throw my ps3 off a bridge.
  2. MKillBill

MKillBill Lead Moderator Staff Member

PSN:
    MKillBill
    Enter the dark ages of classic MK.
  3. Dyzvhtynzal

Dyzvhtynzal D020188 Premium Supporter

I think people just need a long break from it. Game needs a makeover. We all know it. Making the game lagless won't be enough for most now. I think many are ready to move on from it. The game will never go away though. People will probably be playing it 200 years from now.
    MKillBill likes this.
  4. nwo

nwo Bose2983 on Skype

I'll play you in MK2, on MAME 119 p2p, I'll host. Tell me how the lag feels.

You'll definitely kick my ass, I'm a serious noob at MK2. I can even record it for YouTube...

I think the ultimate solution is for everyone to try and create an offline scene in their local area for the classic MK games, and learn how to stream on Twitch. Then like once or twice a year, everyone can come together offline for a tournament.
  5. MKillBill

PSN:
    MKillBill
    Yep, offline is the only way to take the game seriously these days. As far as the offline tournaments go, they already exist for the classic games. There are 3-4 classic MK majors per year in the Philadelphia area.
  6. nwo

nwo Bose2983 on Skype

Yeah, unfortunately no classic MK tournaments took place at NEC this year, and I probably can't make it back over there again for a while.
  7. mortal_jason

An arcade-perfect version with no lag would bring a lot of people back I think.
    The game doesn't get old when you can play it in a smooth connection against a variety of opponents.
    nwo likes this.
  8. mortal_jason

My anti-virus program deleted my Mame32k for no reason last week when I tried to launch it.
    It took me like 12 hours to set it up initially, so I just said fuck it. No more Mame for me :(

Playing MK2 locally would be HORRIBLE. Yes it would be lag-free but top players like myself would find no competition whatsoever.
    What needs to happen is for PS4 to put out a version that is like Mame. Add modes for spectator view, King of the Hill, etc. And most important- NO LAG.
  9. MKillBill

PSN:
    MKillBill
    That's too bad NEC had no classic majors this year. Not enough interest and not enough of us online folks made it out there I suppose. I'd like to come back out there for another event, but time and money are just not on my side as of late.
    nwo likes this.
  10. mortal_jason

GGs tonight to a few people- you know who you are! ;)

Anyone know what is the deal with INDIO_JOE? Guy is the most pathetic excuse for an MK2 player I've ever encountered. Even worse than Dj_Doc_SteeL.
    INDIO_JOE will play you once, but then never again. He quits out of the MKAK lobby every time. I mean, there's hardly anyone on, and this fool just quits out on everyone. He must never get any matches in. Doesn't reply to any of my messages either. I think he's probably mentally handicapped?
  11. nwo

nwo Bose2983 on Skype

That sounds horrific. The only real thing to set up should be your controller.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  12. mortal_jason

Oh it was a nightmare. The MK2 rom wouldn't show up in my list unless I had it in a specific location... I don't remember. Once I got it to work I said thank god I'll never have to figure that out again. No one played on Mame and it was horribly delay lagged anyway, so I won't miss it.

Btw, MKillBill or anyone know what all the Killer Instinct talk is about? The original game was re-released on ps4 or something? I'm amazed that such an old game (and one far inferior to MK2) is getting lots of attention. There's hope for MK2 yet!
  13. nwo

nwo Bose2983 on Skype

It's a brand new game for Xbox One, called Killer Instinct. The graphics look great, you should check it out on twitch or YouTube, it looks like a game I'd play if I owned an Xbox One.
  14. MKillBill

PSN:
    MKillBill
    mortal_jason , to add on to what nwo said, it's a renewal of the old KI franchise. I've played the game on a kiosk in stores and while it seems fun at first glance it's definitely not something I am going to purchase a new console for.
  15. mortal_jason

I knew KI had a legion of fans, but I was surprised a re-release of the original was getting so much attention.
    So it makes sense that it's just a whole new KI game.
    Classic MK games will always keep their die-hard fans though!
    I have to think someday 1990's mentality will return and good music and good games will be back in style.
    LOL probably not- but one can hope.

VGGs to Doc_Holliday yesterday on MKAK and og.
  16. Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Sub0's-Icy-Balls Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)

BAD GAMES to "jesse89202!!!!!!!!"
    this son of a bitch thinks he's some kind of powerhouse with Jax, but he's completely delusional. He picks Jax and I stomp him with Mileena (he cheats and quits). Then I destroy his weak Kang with Sub (he cheats and quits again). Then I embarrass his broke ass Mileena with Shang and what do you know, cheats and leaves again! C'mon guy, don't cheat, and if your gonna main Jax, be prepared to face a lot of Mileenas.
  17. mortal_jason

He was probably getting you back for all the hatemail you send people after they beat you with top tier....

Regardless of who you main, you should be prepared to face lots of Mileenas since she's the best fighter in MK2.

LOL that this 20 year old game no one gives a shit about can still dredge up drama between the 7 people that play it yet....
    Sub0's-Icy-Balls likes this.
  18. Sub0's-Icy-Balls

totally!! And I don't mean anything by my hate mail, it's just a bait tactic to get people to play with low tier.
  19. Sub0's-Icy-Balls

GG's to "scorpion only good," always a fun stand-up fighter
  20. mortal_jason

He lives in Russia and has bad delay lag.
    Then in broken english he hatemails anyone that beats him and calls them "chiter"s with "chiter speed internet".
  21. jesse89202

jesse89202 Member

LOL. Dam, I haven't been online like forever. I got a second job and its taking a toll on me. BUT, lets get facts straight.. yea who on earth wants to fight Jax? Nobody. The only solution and I feel like a sound recorder is your only chance to keep Jax away is to choose mileena via sai-spams. And don't diss Jax.. I played against some good Jax players and Jax is a rekon to play against. So I don't blame the crybabies that can't handle Jax running to millena. The chances of Jax wining vs a spamming mileena is slim. Very few skilled Mileena players even exist. The rest just spam like crazy so its pointless to even try. Now you can play like a boss and not even choose mileena and still can win. I went up against tough Baraka's and even subzero. But i'm not bitching on this board am I? People like you take it too seriously.

I always played fair and even promoted my youtube channel as a "noob" player. Yet, clowns can't even read I suppose thinking i'm some sort of "badass" or elite? I could pound my head on my desk.. Also, how am I cheating? for me to cheat I would've done some hack advantage to win over you. Since you beat me, how was that cheating? Cause I chose Jax? wow..
  22. mortal_jason

Jax is one of my FAVORITE characters to fight against!
    Your only chance with a lot of the characters is to be aggressive vs him. This makes for some fun matches, especially with Baraka, Lao, and Kitana.
    Also, as I showed you when we practiced alternating Jax vs Mileena last year, Jax can totally thwomp a spamming Mileena like no other.
    You just have to time the Ground Pounds under the Sai.
    Easier said than done online I guess, but still, Jax is one of the BEST picks against Mileena.
    It's just that VERY few Jax players can time Ground Pounds under Sai. Even Scorpangel with his awesome Jax, isn't very good at it.
    Like I told you, you WANT to face a Mileena that just sits back and spams.
    Mileena is scariest for Jax when she is mixing it up, and inching her way in to jab.

Anyway it sounded like Icy Balls was saying you rank quit on him so he didn't get his points?
  23. mortal_jason

VGGs to scorpangel and MIKECALDWELL over the last few weeks.
    Definitely some epic shit!
  24. jesse89202

jesse89202 Member

Anyway it sounded like Icy Balls was saying you rank quit on him so he didn't get his points?"

I think it makes logical sense to quit against a sai-spammer. I end up playing them anyways but figure there is no sense. He spams, OK fine. I quit. You are an exception mj to fight with. At least you don't ever spam (maybe too much analog tricks to fight against). Also if I remember right.. when icyballs wins a few he accepts it. If he loses he quits. So I pretty much did the same to him and anyone else being a clown LMAO.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  25. Sub0's-Icy-Balls

How was I "sai spamming" when I embarrassed your weak Kang and Mil with SUB/ SHANG?????? Your a rank quitting hack, who hides your broke ass game behind Jax. And I don't rank quit unless someone does it to me first! I take you to the cleaners on the reg!