What's new

Official Statement from Verizon regarding EGL Debacle

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
His move is to bail, considering the deleted social media accounts. I'm not surprised Verizon covered themselves from being liable in situations like this.

This is a bad look for the tournament scene in general. I would not be surprised if this made businesses think twice about sponsoring tournaments.

I do feel bad for the top 8 placers of EGL. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Devastation 2.0
I believe devastation did pay out...just 2 years later, lol. This seems like a full blown smash and grab. Even worse than VXG since we got 1/3 of the money at least.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
According to TOs 5th-8th was paid out and 1/4th of 1st-4th was paid as a deposit. They are currently shutting down the arcade and selling all their stuff so hopefully that money will go towards the rest of the payout.

Note: Before anyone asks I was just a volunteer at EGL. I have no knowledge of the business aspects. Info above was taken from TOs facebook page.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
According to TOs 5th-8th was paid out and 1/4th of 1st-4th was paid as a deposit. They are currently shutting down the arcade and selling all their stuff so hopefully that money will go towards the rest of the payout.

Note: Before anyone asks I was just a volunteer at EGL. I have no knowledge of the business aspects. Info above was taken from TOs facebook page.
If that's the case he needs to come out and say it

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing

4th placers already received their money I believe. Well idk about USF4 and Smash, but I got my 4th place winnings.

To my knowledge it's the top 3 of every game that haven't been paid out yet

Pig Of The Hut

4th placers already received their money I believe. Well idk about USF4 and Smash, but I got my 4th place winnings.

To my knowledge it's the top 3 of every game that haven't been paid out yet
That's because the pot bonus was suppose to cover those large payouts and there never was. Pot bonus to begin with

Zero sympathy for the up and coming tear jerker story about "selling arcade"

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
If that's the case he needs to come out and say it
This is the direct quote from the FB post:
"I'm still in the process of tearing down and closing down Epic. I don't have the time or energy to comment on every single one your posts.

Like I said on Joe's post, I'll be doing a write up and a personal email to everyone that money was owed to. I am also talking to the daily dot to set the record straight.

To be clear, as of right now we have paid out over 20k in prizing. 1st-4th place of every game recieved a %25 deposit of the prize winnings.

5th-8th received full payment.

I'll post more late tonight when I'm done stripping my business apart. Thank you for your patience."

Again, I have no idea if any of it is true or not. I know as much as anyone else does.

Edit: Keep in mind he basically made a TYM account just to promote his event. I doubt he will come on here and post but hopefully he proves me wrong. I agree he needs to come clean about all of this.

Pig Of The Hut

This is the direct quote from the FB post:
"I'm still in the process of tearing down and closing down Epic. I don't have the time or energy to comment on every single one your posts.

Like I said on Joe's post, I'll be doing a write up and a personal email to everyone that money was owed to. I am also talking to the daily dot to set the record straight.

To be clear, as of right now we have paid out over 20k in prizing. 1st-4th place of every game recieved a %25 deposit of the prize winnings.

5th-8th received full payment.

I'll post more late tonight when I'm done stripping my business apart. Thank you for your patience."

Again, I have no idea if any of it is true or not. I know as much as anyone else does.

Edit: Keep in mind he basically made a TYM account just to promote his event. I doubt he will come on here and post but hopefully he proves me wrong. I agree he needs to come clean about all of this.
Looks like he is taking this the route of devastation by paying every competitor out of pocket

That's the best thing he can do and will garner him some respect. Devastation TOs IMO did the best job they could rectifying a lot of fires by going this route. The two tourneys made literally the same exact mistakes

Hopefully that's the same w EGL
@EGL_Shane