What's new

*Official* PSN Mortal Kombat 9 VITA [MK9] GG's Thread

Delriach

Sindelly
Yeah good games Matix218. Not to shabby of a game. I'm just afraid I'm going to ruin my vita controls over time. We'll have to start a CRKFIEND wore out a vita fund ;)

Also good game Delriach. I've seen you around the forums but we've never played before. Got matched up on a random ranked match!
We must fight again, lol. I got blown up that second round. I wasn't expecting to fight a good Stryker at all. >_<

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
@Delirach GG we had in Ranked, I wanna learn the Sindel MU.

I played my main against you because I recognized your name :p

Delriach

Sindelly
@Delirach GG we had in Ranked, I wanna learn the Sindel MU.

I played my main against you because I recognized your name :p
Hmm, I don't remember. Was it today? Who were you? Were you playing Mileena by any chance? I remember having a really close match against one. Lost one and then won one. Good games if so :p

Matix218

Get over here!
Yeah good games Matix218. Not to shabby of a game. I'm just afraid I'm going to ruin my vita controls over time. We'll have to start a CRKFIEND wore out a vita fund ;)

Also good game Delriach. I've seen you around the forums but we've never played before. Got matched up on a random ranked match!
I know man, I was thinking the same thing about my Vita lol, fighting games are hard on controllers and unfortunately with portable systems the system IS the controller. Hopefully they will prove to be durable ^_^

When my vita arrives do i have to create a separate gamertag for it?
You can use the one you have, but you can only have one linked to the vita at a time. It does not use multiple accounts like ps3. When you check trophies and you use your existing one, it will show two lists, one for your vita progress and another for your ps3 progress for the same psn account.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
VGGs to Jimmypotato your kitana and Sonya are scary. I honestly think the only thing keeping me from getting an a$$ whooping was the input delay. I don't think any of my jumping punches came out which was the primary indicator :-( nonetheless seeing you pulling some of these combos despite the delay scared the hell outta me lol. I can't begin to imaging what you would do on a lag free connection :) I still enjoyed our session mate and hope to play you again. Hopefully the connection will be better.

Squirtmcgirt187 hmm where do I begin? Oh yeah thanks for the ass whooping with 3/4 of the cast lol. And thanks for giving me a first hand experience on how annoying freddy can be...sheesh what a PITA lol. Had a lot of fun playing you... Stay cool man :)

Matix218 that FT5 was epic lol and our connection was crisp compare to last time. That's probably due to my daughter not steaming Netflix lol. What I'm about to say will probably come back and bite me in the a$$, but we have to help each other level up. I think you are playing the Stryker vs smoke match up wrong. Stryker is a zoner and smoke a counter zoner, I should never EVER EVER EVER be able to pull out my gun so freely. I understand you don't want to abuse teleport but you should always be ready to do either shake or teleport on reaction. This match up is one of the annoying ones for Stryker. Gun or gun cancel should be free damage for smoke. Don't play me full screen and do smoke bomb too much either. I can read then and do roll toss or reaction. Both roll toss and baton sweep are negative on block. It's not much tho I think they are -3. But you cn try to bait them and force me to come to you (not that tou have a mobility problem anyway lol). So unless I have meter for the EN versions you should be able to pressure after blocking them. Hope that helps you get a better understanding of the match up. Sometimes you have to sit back and wait for the opponent to mess up. When it comes to smoke, any zoners should be baby food IMO

Matix218

Get over here!
Matix218 that FT5 was epic lol and our connection was crisp compare to last time. That's probably due to my daughter not steaming Netflix lol. What I'm about to say will probably come back and bite me in the a$$, but we have to help each other level up. I think you are playing the Stryker vs smoke match up wrong. Stryker is a zoner and smoke a counter zoner, I should never EVER EVER EVER be able to pull out my gun so freely. I understand you don't want to abuse teleport but you should always be ready to do either shake or teleport on reaction. This match up is one of the annoying ones for Stryker. Gun or gun cancel should be free damage for smoke. Don't play me full screen and do smoke bomb too much either. I can read then and do roll toss or reaction. Both roll toss and baton sweep are negative on block. It's not much tho I think they are -3. But you cn try to bait them and force me to come to you (not that tou have a mobility problem anyway lol). So unless I have meter for the EN versions you should be able to pressure after blocking them. Hope that helps you get a better understanding of the match up. Sometimes you have to sit back and wait for the opponent to mess up. When it comes to smoke, any zoners should be baby food IMO
Thanks for the advice man, I appreciate it. And I am all for leveling up :) I think you are right, I should basically use teleport or shake on reaction everytime I see the gun come out. I actually did try to do shake on reaction to your gun several times but the gun was able to beat me to the shake (most likely because of me being slow on my reaction lol). I am still trying to figure out where the best place on the screen to be against Stryker is. I feel like I would want to almost be up in your face the whole time if possible so I can pressure with 3d12 or b23sb followed by low pokes/throws its just that I am so not used to hardcore rushdown (my main before smoke was sub zero lol). I really need to work on trying to bait your roll toss/baton sweep better too. I def threw too many full screen smoke bombs out giving you ability to roll them on reaction. I think another element to my game that would help me in this matchup is using more smoke clouds to get from one side of you to another to mix it up maybe? I feel like I really under-utilized that tool in our matches. Its funny to say this as a Smoke player but I am glad they removed that f4 EX sb reset from the Vita Version because it forces me to actually work rather then just take 75% or so off of one landed smoke bomb, b23 or 3d12. It makes me think that a lot of decent Cyrax players are being held back in actually leveling up their game on a spacing and footsies level due to them only basically having to land 1 jump in punch or net with a bar of meter to take the round. I think my smoke is going to get so much better since I can not rely on that stupid reset glitch anymore (hopefully they will patch it on console as well). Anyway, that was a great first to 5 man, very close matches I had a ton of fun.

Thanks again for the advice on the match-up, I am going to try to apply it next time we play!

I'm trying Freddy's beast. Your jade is amazing! Seriously playing you makes me want to learn the match up. I had no idea she was as good as you play her. So anytime you want games hit me up.

representing TMP
Ran into you in ranked, I won a close match. I picked up kenshi on vita too to try something new, just dragging him through ranked for play experience with him. I was considering Freddy, your aa with him is solid. I still can't believe how good the online is, that people can aa like that, and I can hit combos I never could hit online before.