What's new

Official Pre-EVO 2012 Mortal Kombat Tier List

REO

Undead
REO I see you put Jade in B- tier position, above a bunch of other characters. What makes her good in your opinion?
She has tools that a lot of other characters would trade a leg for. Her enhanced overhead smash and enhanced glow are moves that are not being used to their fullest extent. Safe armor moves that lead to combos or can potentially switch the tide of a match are gold in this game.

Her enhanced overhead is technically like Jax's overhead smash BUT better. It's neutral on block (which means it sets up her guess and counter game), leads to a combo (30% with positional advantage), and has better range. She has 6f poke (d+1) which technically leaves her at advantage if she's on Player 1 side.

Enhanced glow is one of the best enhanced moves in the game. It's basically a free wake up and get out of jail card whenever you want. The only counter to it is x-ray. She can activate enhanced glow after any moves that are neutral on block (which she has a ton of) and blow people up for trying to hit an attack button.

Jade's footsies are solid. She has u+3 to check people who are jump happy and it's a great move to contain people in the corner. Her standing 1 is a great anti-air. Her d+3 is one of the best pokes in the game. (it lowers her hurtbox, 7f start up and is -7 on block.) Her sweep is one of the best and lowers her hurtbox to very low levels. She has great normals like b+3,2 that push opponents back and is neutral on block. She has good spacing with strings like d+4~d,f,2 / 4,~d,f,2 etc.

I seriously don't understand why people think Jade is the WORST character in the game or close to it. It's a joke. Whoever started this whole dilemma couldn't be anymore wrong. Jade was never bottom 5. She is mostly safe and rewards players who are patient and superb in fundamentals. This is why I believe she's where I placed her. Lower mid tier is a perfect place for a character like her.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
She has tools that a lot of other characters would trade a leg for. Her enhanced overhead smash and enhanced glow are moves that are not being used to their fullest extent. Safe armor moves that lead to combos or can potentially switch the tide of a match are gold in this game.

Her enhanced overhead is technically like Jax's overhead smash BUT better. It's neutral on block (which means it sets up her guess and counter game), leads to a combo (30% with positional advantage), and has better range. She has 6f poke (d+1) which technically leaves her at advantage if she's on Player 1 side.

Enhanced glow is one of the best enhanced moves in the game. It's basically a free wake up and get out of jail card whenever you want. The only counter to it is x-ray. She can activate enhanced glow after any moves that are neutral on block (which she has a ton of) and blow people up for trying to hit an attack button.

Jade's footsies are solid. She has u+3 to check people who are jump happy and it's a great move to contain people in the corner. Her standing 1 is a great anti-air. Her d+3 is one of the best pokes in the game. (it lowers her hurtbox, 7f start up and is -7 on block.) Her sweep is one of the best and lowers her hurtbox to very low levels. She has great normals like b+3,2 that push opponents back and is neutral on block. She has good spacing with strings like d+4~d,f,2 / 4,~d,f,2 etc.

I seriously don't understand why people think Jade is the WORST character in the game or close to it. It's a joke. Whoever started this whole dilemma couldn't be anymore wrong. Jade was never bottom 5. She is mostly safe and rewards players who are patient and superb in fundamentals. This is why I believe she's where I placed her. Lower mid tier is a perfect place for a character like her.
I agree. And Kabal-Jade is still 1-9. Stay free Kabal.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
RE0, I have and do play offline just not as much as I have online. Just not at "events"...to me both are comparable Mileena's and Sonya's D4, I'm just saying I don't think Mileena "sucks" And it just so happens my GF plays both characters so I'll get a better idea against her.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I seriously don't understand why people think Jade is the WORST character in the game or close to it. It's a joke. Whoever started this whole dilemma couldn't be anymore wrong.
I did... :(

I was wrong...

Xerclipse

"I saw you staring"
This is coming from a Kabal player who loves to use his dash cancels

I personally don't think Kabal should have his own tier, I've seen your videos and I've seen you win the tournaments (plus I study Kabal players like you and Doc) but it really depends on how the player uses the fighter. Suppose God was using Sheeva, then that sheeva would be untouchable. I'm pretty sure that you were not trying to be biased. Any great player can make a low tier character look like a S + tier.

I suppose Kabal belongs at the top tier but not by himself, because someone else has to be broken too like Cyrax. When he does his 100% why bother holding the controller when your the opponent?