What's new

Official MK9 Community Matchup Chart

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
One big thing against jax is the ability to low poke his dash punch. Just like nightwolf armor or not zoning and baiting an eh dash punch gets jax punished every time...zoners I think get too involved in zoning and forget to use a rush characters tools against them. I never played cd jr...but I did play tyrant at evo and beat him. I'm just saying Jax's mind games can be beaten with the tools a zoner has. Kitana has those tools. It might just be 6-4 kit instead though.

[MENTION=588]Mr. Kitana[/MENTION], the jax kitana match up is not 6.5-3.5 i see that fight often home, and jax cant be outzoned the way people think anymore, you talk like you can do iafs all day, when jax have a meter you cant do that, he will ex dash on reaction, and be right there next to you, a smart jax will get at a good distance just in case you square wave he can dash punch you before you land on the other side, guess what? after you hit ground he wont let you fly again, his projectiles got way faster recovery and ground pound mind games wont let you go in. believe jax will always have meters for kitana to be afraid of doing any fans or maybe you will give him some by the damage caused by fans, not even kabal cant beat jax like this anymore. personally i've seen cd jr and erik warda go at it and its insane how jax can dominate this fight also against kitana, honestly i think the match went in jax favor, on my list the fight JAx vs Kabal/kitana went 6-4 in jax favor, maybe you wont believe me but there are not many good jax out there who can prove this besides tyrant and cd jr, but still tyrant plays too aggresive while jr is more patient and react better against zoning, i cant even zone him with noob saibot he justt get on jumping distance and up kicks are punished by dash punch, and anticipated shadows are jumped and he gets in and destroy poor noob, noob weakness is jumping distance, cant take chances of doing 8% dmg by a jp full combo.
the thing about kitanas air fans, is they push her back even more, i always jump back, plus the air fan pushes you further back, it's hard to get in her even with ex dash punch thingy.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I want to test kenshi against kabal. I have some good ideas. nvm, great ideas.

REO/Warda/Detroit/Michaelangelo you reading this? I want to see you at final round so I can test this vs all you guys.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The only way Jax punishes Kitana ass is if he's backed up and waiting for it. As a Kitana player that's exactly what I want. Everyone talks about punishing ass like they can go about their business and then just punish it when they see it.

CD jr

Noob
The only way Jax punishes Kitana ass is if he's backed up and waiting for it. As a Kitana player that's exactly what I want. Everyone talks about punishing ass like they can go about their business and then just punish it when they see it.
is called having good reaction.not trying to be an ass or anything.

Cyber Sub-Kano is even or perhaps slightly in CSZ's favor. Seems like a very read-dependent match, see below.

I really underestimated just how good those divekicks are. You can't play footsies with him at all basically, and divekicks aren't a huge risk for him since all you get for blocking is a straight ball. I think the divekick might also beat upball cleanly once it's out but I'm not positive.

The especially big problem with this is that the divekicks are far too fast to block on reaction, so you have to start specifically looking for them. That gives him carte blanche to go for normal jumpins or dash up throw or do whatever else he wants.

Then add in the fact that parry beats most of Kano's main pressure moves, leaving you with d3 and the occasional d4. Of course Kano has the low launch string, but that's risky to include in blockstrings.

In short, CSZ has to make good reads with divekicks/parries/jumpins while Kano has to make good reads on upballs/blocking divekicks/baiting parries. I'm thinking 5/5.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Cyber Sub-Kano is even or perhaps slightly in CSZ's favor. Seems like a very read-dependent match, see below.

I really underestimated just how good those divekicks are. You can't play footsies with him at all basically, and divekicks aren't a huge risk for him since all you get for blocking is a straight ball. I think the divekick might also beat upball cleanly once it's out but I'm not positive.

The especially big problem with this is that the divekicks are far too fast to block on reaction, so you have to start specifically looking for them. That gives him carte blanche to go for normal jumpins or dash up throw or do whatever else he wants.

Then add in the fact that parry beats most of Kano's main pressure moves, leaving you with d3 and the occasional d4. Of course Kano has the low launch string, but that's risky to include in blockstrings.

In short, CSZ has to make good reads with divekicks/parries/jumpins while Kano has to make good reads on upballs/blocking divekicks/baiting parries. I'm thinking 5/5.
I'm guessing you played pig?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Shoryuken said:
This is so true, I bet he's really 7-3 or 8-2 with all of the cast.
Definitely not against Raiden, Reptile, or Freddy, and possibly Liu Kang or Mileena.

I like Freddy vs. Kabal the best because Freddy is the only character in the game who dominates Kabal full screen away. Ground spikes crouch under iaGBs, limiting one crucial aspect of Kabal's game plan. Also, if you mix up glove toss, Freddy fingers, and mid ground spike, it becomes difficult for Kabal to EX dash at medium range. No other character can limit Kabal in such a manner. Not even close. Unlike characters like Noob and Sindel, Freddy has solid mix ups and damage too. The problem is when Kabal gets close, Freddy struggles because he has no fast armor move to bail him out. Granted it was online, REO thought this match up was in favor of Freddy when I played him a couple of weeks ago.

@ Kitana players, I am fairly sure Freddy beats Kitana 6:4 while Kitana beats Skarlet 6:4 at least. Skarlet must be the most toned down character in the patch. Dagger cancels have 10 more recovery frames and do even less damage. NRS, really?

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
is called having good reaction.not trying to be an ass or anything.
Ass travels more than full screen, dash punch travels about half. How are you gonna be able to rush Kitana down, yet somehow be able to 'react' to square ass and be in range for a half screen dash when she's already taken off to go full screen away? I could see Raiden maybe doing this, or NW if he has meter with his charge since those moves go full screen...but not Jax.

I'm not trying to be an ass either, but your logic just doesn't seem sound to me.

Where is Tyrant in all this? Didn't him and 16Bit play casuals at Devastation? We clearly need a second opinion.

EDIT: I'll be making my chart soon.

Slips

Double the post, double the tightness.

Scorpion:

6-4 vs Baraka
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
5-5 vs Ermac
xxx vs Freddy Krueger (never played one)
6-4 vs Jade
5-5 vs Jax
5-5 vs Johnny Cage
3-7 vs Kabal
5-5 vs Kano
5-5 vs Kenshi
4-6 vs Kitana
4-6 vs Kung Lao
5-5 vs Liu Kang
5-5 vs Mileena
5-5 vs Nightwolf
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
5-5 vs Quan Chi
4-6 vs Raiden
5-5 vs Rain
4-6 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Sektor
5-5 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
5-5 vs Sindel
xxx vs Skarlet (never played one)
5-5 vs Smoke
5-5 vs Sonya Blade
5-5 vs Stryker
5-5 vs Sub-Zero

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Here's my matchup chart for Baraka:

5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
6-4 vs Ermac
5-5 vs Freddy
5-5 vs Jade
6-4 vs Jax
4-6 vs Johnny Cage
3-7 vs Kabal
4-6 vs Kano
4-6 vs Kenshi
4-6 vs Kitana
4-6 vs Kung Lao
4-6 vs Liu Kang
5-5 vs Mileena
5-5 vs Nightwolf
4-6 vs Noob
6-4 vs Quan Chi
5-5 vs Raiden
6-4 vs Rain
4-6 vs Reptile
6-4 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Sektor
6-4 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
5-5 vs Sindel
5-5 vs Skarlet
6-4 vs Smoke
5-5 vs Sonya
5-5 vs Stryker
4-6 vs Sub-Zero

For the record: I don't believe in decimals for matchups because there's no such thing as ".5 of a match." Just my opinion.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I like .5's for those times when both characters have an answer to each other's tools but one does a lot more damage than the other, or other situations like that.

Seems like just about everyone who's posted their charts so far has rated the Kano matchups exactly the same as I have. Teef and I both seem to have figured out how Kano can go even with Kenshi at the same time, lol. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing...

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Slips...how can you say 6-4 vs nightwolf? You told me earlier that it was because you like scorpion better. Do you have any reasons why it's 4-6? cause I say 5-5.

Slips

Slips...how can you say 6-4 vs nightwolf? You told me earlier that it was because you like scorpion better. Do you have any reasons why it's 4-6? cause I say 5-5.
I actually already posted my reasonings in the same thread we were discussing the match-up but you never responded. I'll repost.

Let me lay out my reasoning and if you still disagree, then we'll call it 5-5.

To me Spear is a riskier version of shoulder but warrants much more damage, So I'll call it even there. Hellfire is a less riskier version of Lightning that warrants the same damage but lightning knocks down so I'll call it even there too. Hatchet and arrow are good moves but nothing crazy. Takedown and TP are good too but again nothing to tip the scales.

EX shoulder vs. EX spear serve the same purpose, but again EX Spear warrants a lot of damage whreas NW is safer on whiff, so I still say even.

EX Lightning > EX Hellfire, can't argue with that. (+1 to NW)

EX Takedown & TP > EX Hatchet and arrow. EX Hatchet is good for extending combos and pressure and ex arrows are just whatever, but these are not near the impact Scorp has with his takedown and TP. EX Takedown is a safer version of Sub Zero's slide but not quite the reach. EX TP is practically a get in for free card if people aren't paying attention and blows up instant air fireball characters for half life. (+1 to Scorp)

So far its even and we are left with normals and the in close game and punishment.

NW doesn't have a mid/low mix up with his normals or special moves. Scorp has a safe overhead, and a safe low string that does 14%. He has a jab string that has an in-built overhead launch that can be mixed up with safe takedown. And finally if he needs to make a comeback he has high risk 50/50 that everyone already knows about. NW has nothing like this at all. NW only has pressure/throw mix-up...which Scorp can do almost as equally with his 111 string. (+1 Scorp)

Finally, Scorpion punishes harder than NW I think too. Spots where NW has to settle for a shoulder Scorp gets a spear. Punishments where the character is left flipping in your face (like blocking a Kano ball) both get about 40%, but Scorp gets a vortex which is huge. And finally some obscure punishments like Mileena EX TP, JC flip kick ect. Scorp gets 30% plus vortex. I don't think NW has anything close to that to my knowledge. That, and Scorp has one of the best anti-airs in the game as well with d1 which I don't think NW has to compare much with either. (+1 Scorp)

So there's my reasoning. Scorp wins by 2 points in my book. Zoning-wise I think they even out pretty well, I just think Scorp wins with his mix-ups and his ability to punish better. If you still think its 5-5 then I don't mind, it'll make me feel better if you beat me in the future. :p

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
In my opinon: Smoke's match up chart

5-5 vs Baraka
4.5-5.5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
5-5 vs Ermac
??? vs Freddy
5-5 vs Jade
4-6 vs Jax
5-5 vs Johnny Cage
5-5 vs Kabal
6-4 vs Kano
5-5 vs Kenshi
5-5 vs Kitana
5-5 vs Kung Lao
6-4 vs Liu Kang
5.5-4.5 vs Mileena
4-6 vs Nightwolf
6-4 vs Noob Saibot
6-4 vs Quan Chi
4-6 vs Raiden
5-5 vs Rain
4.5-5.5 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
4-6 vs Sektor
6-4 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
5-5 vs Skarlet
6-4 vs Sindel
5-5 vs Sonya Blade
6-4 vs Stryker
5.1-4.9 vs Sub-Zero (courtesy of Tom Brady)

Total = 147.6 (lol)

Explanations upon request

EDIT: Changed Kenshi's match up

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Quan Chi matchup chart

6-4 vs Baraka -
4-6 vs Cyrax
5-5 vs Cyber SZ
3-7 vs Ermac
- vs Freddy
6-4 vs Jax
6-4 vs Jade
4-6 vs Johnny Cage
3-7 vs Kabal
4-6 vs Kano
- vs Kenshi
4-6 vs Kitana
3-7 vs Kung Lao
5-5 vs Liu Kang
5-5 vs Mileena
6-4 vs Nightwolf
6-4 vs Noob Saibot
2-8 vs Raiden
- vs Rain
4-6 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
3-7 vs Sektor
4-6 vs Shang Tsung
7-3 vs Sheeva
6-4 vs Sindel
- vs Scarlet
3-7 vs Smoke
- vs Sonya
5-5 vs Stryker
3-7 vs Sub Zero

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
[MENTION=8774]Hidan[/MENTION]

How do you say cyber sub is 5-5? I know you can beat parry with lows, but he's still got it, and even worse, divekicks.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
You hold him in fullscreen, forcing him to do a dive kick, when he does, you dash and pressure him. A parry happy CSZ can also be tranced or close runed

B W1zZ

Noob
[MENTION=8774]Hidan[/MENTION]

2-8 doesn't seem like an accurate number for the Raiden matchup. His teleport can be punished by Quan's 6 frame uppercut, and Raiden's B312/334 strings can also be interrupted by the uppercut. I think it's a solid 4-6 or an arguable 5-5 after playing [MENTION=1258]Shujinkydink[/MENTION]'s Quan Chi.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
This has to be pre-patch man, there's no way the Baraka matchup is 6-4 in Quan's favor....The new spin stuffs everything Quan Chi does, even B3,1+2 . If anything it's 6-4 Baraka's favor, maaaaybe 5-5. But I definitely don't see it in Quan Chi's favor.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk