What's new

[Oct 26, 2012] Canada Cup 2012 (Calgary, Alberta)

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
MK on www.twitch.tv/canadacup2

9PM Mountain time, 11PM EST time

Oct 19th update; Pre Reg ends Monday or tuesday I believe, MK will be played Friday night as far as I know,

And no MK did not get the shaft, all games are being played Friday, with Top 8s going saturday, and then sunday is all the international stuff with 5 on 5 street fighter stuff,

this is a unique event,

Tentative schedual, subject to change, I will post stream link here when I find it for sure
http://canada-cup.ca/canada-cup-2012/canada-cup-2012-schedule/

Had to remake this- New Games added to tournament including - TTT2, DOA5, P4A

Pre Reg is live here- http://canada-cup.ca/canada-cup-2012-pre-registration/
Remember this is a PRE REG only event, you can sign up for other games at the door, but if you are not Pre Reg'd you will not be able to on the day of Tourny.

Taken from CCG Post on SRK:

Once again, Canada Cup Gaming is looking to bring together the best Street Fighter players in the world to battle it out for the annual Canada Cup tournament! Regional teams from across the globe will also be competing again in our famous Canada Cup Super Street Fighter IV International Team Tournament to see which country is the best!

Last year was amazing, but this year will be even better!

DATE
October 26 - 28

Calgary Chinese Culteral Community Centre
197 - 1 ST SW
Calgary, Alberta

HOTEL DISCOUNT
We have worked out special rate for attendees with a special hotel discount at the International Hotel! internationalhotel.ca (220 - 4 AV SE) 1-800-661-8627

If you are booking with the International Hotel, it includes
Hot breakfast (please call them for more details)
Access to 2 salty suites after hours Thurs-Sat (mms with all the pros, if you have VIP its free access)
Shuttle bus to Naughty Nights 7 and back on Sat night (One of the biggest halloween parties in Western Canada with 5000-6000 people attending)

Limited to 150 rooms so book now. It's the closest hotel to the venue about 100ft away.

Check out our site for more info!
http://canada-cup.ca/canada-cup-2012...ccommodations/

Other Nearby hotels:
sheratonsuites.com (255 Barclay Parade SE)
www.westin.com/calgaryhotel (320 - 4 AV SE)

AIRCANADA.CA FLIGHT DISCOUNT
For people travelling to the Canada Cup, we have also set up a special promotional code with Air Canada to hopefully save you some cash.

- must travel to Calgary (YYC)
- must be for travel dates in the period of Oct 19 - Nov 4
- does not apply to Tango and Executive Class bookings for travel to Calgary from anywhere in Canada & USA

- you will be supplied a discount code after registering for the event
This is actually on there website

OFFICIAL TOURNAMENTS
Super Street Fighter IV International Team Tournament
Super Street Fighter IV Singles
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Singles

SIDE TOURNAMENTS
Street Fighter X Tekken
Mortal Kombat 9
KOF13
Tekken Tag 2
Dead or Alive 5
Persona 4 Arena
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 5-on5 (depending on demand/entrants, let us know if you have a team!)

PRIZE DISTRIBUTION
70/20/10 of Tournament Entry Fees
Bonus $5,000 pot for Super Street Fighter IV International Team Tournament
Bonus $2,000 pot for SSFIV and UMvC3

SCHEDULE
October 26 - Singles pools for all games
October 27 - Finals pools for all games
October 28 - Street Fighter IV Team Tournament
(More complete details to come soon!)

FORMAT & RULES
ALL GAMES WILL BE RUN ON XBOX CONSOLES
ALL TOURNAMENTS WILL BE IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED
$10 Entry Fee
Double Elimination Tournament
2 out of 3 rounds per game
2 out of 3 games per match
3 out of 5 games per match in winners, losers, and grand finals

No wireless controllers are permitted in the venue
Game-freezing glitches or bugs are not allowed, and the offending player will forfeit the round
All pauses or other interruptions must result in a judge to be notified when it occurs, and will be resolved at the judge's discretion

SITE FEE & REGISTRATION
$50 for early registration
$65 for late registration
$25 for Spectator Pass
$150 for VIP pass

VIP Pass includes free food and drink at the event, priority seating, access to VIP room, access to after-hours Salty Suite(s), free entry into CCG after-party with free drinks and alcohol, and free Canada Cup Gaming Merchandise

This year, we are accepting online registrations ONLY. We will NOT be accepting registrations at the door.
(More complete details to come soon!)

DIRECTORS
Lapchiduong (Lap Chi D)
Dirgesong (Troy K)
Derryk (Derryk B)
Nos99 (Greg D)
[email protected]

This is a 3 day event, games start on the friday.

http://www.google.com/flights/

Pre Register here http://canada-cup.ca/canada-cup-2012-pre-registration/

You have to pre register for this event, you can sign up for other games at the door if you like, but you cannot register at the door.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Mortal Kombat will be this Friday night, starting at Approx 9pm Mountain time, thats 11pm EST 8pm PST.

The stream will be www.twitch.tv/CanadaCup2

I know the one posted on here doesn't have the 2 on it, but Testyourmight won't let me put it in yet, because the channel is not up yet, I will try to remember to update it once it is.

Not sure what kind of turn out we are going to get, but I do know there will be some great players here, and this is the Western side of Canadas players. Very happy that they decided to hold MK for us over here as the scene isn't big, but any tourny is better then no tourny.

I know VSM returns friday night as well, but If you feel like trolling us hit up the stream Friday night,

Looks like the whole MK tourny will be done saturday night so I'm guessing we are in the range of 20-30 people.

Here is the schedule if you enjoy other fighting games as well, get your 8.95 troll on peeps, !! :)
http://canada-cup.ca/canada-cup-2012-schedule/

Shujinkydink will be there, so jump online and tell the world how much you love him ;)