What's new

NRS Update: Carlos Pesina back in the studio for more Mocap

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
As we launch the year of 2014 NetherRealm's number one title, Mortal Kombat will be in our thoughts as we wait for the next gen version. Will we get a Mortal Kombat X or will NetherRealm Studios begin working on the anticipated Shaolin Monks II? Although, Mortal Kombat 9 did exceedingly well... it's safe to say that one more update/patch could have easily revived the game and its competitive scene.

Regardless, as former NetherRealm Studios producer, Hector Sanchez once said, "lessons learned for the next game". It's truly hard to say what direction Ed Boon will take the next Mortal Kombat. Will he issue a Mortal Kombat 4-like game since Mortal Kombat 9 was a reboot with the essence of Mortal Kombat 1,2 and 3? It's exciting to say the least to imagine how the next Mortal Kombat will play and look on the next gen consoles.

Something is in the works, especially when Lead Animator, Carlos Pesina is back in the studio doing more motion capture (mocap)!

What do you think NRS is working on?

mocap.jpg

Source: @CarlosPesina

Glass Sword

Nobody
Hmm. Very interesting. This could be a blessing or a curse. Honesty I hope it is not MK10 that would divide the community.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm like tuning front page 24/7 waiting for a NRS update in production, keeping my fingers crossed for MK10

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Honesty I hope it is not MK10 that would divide the community.
I don't think it would this time. Some of this community seems allergic to the idea at times, but you can indeed play multiple games at once.

Look at Capcom. All the top Capcom guys play SF and MVC at minimum. A lot of people here play IGAU and KI right now, etc etc.

Justice

Noob
If they go 3D for the next one, I'll rage but buy it up. If they bring back that frikin Run button or the Stances I'll bomb NRS studios.

And probably still buy and support the game :$

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
it's MKX. That Producer or w/e mentioned they were working on it when asked about the new movie.

And there's supposed to be some new character in the game that'll also be in the movie. Supermarket employee that discovered he has powers or something

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Hopefully they learn from mk9s mistakes and add on to what they had in injustice (not all the mechanics though).

Just give us more variety to do like adding command moves, good command grabs, and Links (with chains too)! The more the better.

killme

Noob
MKX E3 announcement, spring 2015 release - this is the dream
also plx no 3D, steady evolution rather than revolution.