What's new

NRS please work on the corner issues that are present in both games so far

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
So I don't really have a lot to say about this, but thought that this issue deserves a thread. I really hope NRS works a lot on the corner issues in MKX. In MK9 and Injustice (seems to be way worse in injustice), when you're in the corner and you're defending.... you're pretty much open to the most random nonsense that exists.

In mk9, depending on who knows what, sometimes when you input a special move while they are going for a cross up, your inputs get reversed for literally no reason. Like, you input the move correctly, and your character turns around and it comes out in the opposite direction. This shouldn't even be possible. It exists in Injustice too. And in injustice there's even more weird crossup shenanigans where your character turns around on their own 2-3 times because the game has no idea how to handle the situation. This issue is probably my biggest gripe with NRS games. I'm still an extremely loyal NRS game player, but when this happens I think is when I get the saltiest. Just thought I'd start a discussion on this.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
For sure. In IGAU these issues also happen around/underneath certain interactibles. It's disheartening sometimes seeing someone make the right read and lose because their punish came out in the opposite/wrong direction.

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
Lol @DarthArma 's batman tech when he up grapples you into the corner jumps over you then b23. I'm like what side are you on? And also if you do 223 turbine with gl on atlantis then try to do a f3 it does b3 and I'm like "bruhhhhh"

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Dude the cross up mechanics in injustice are messed up in general. Anybody have the problem where you have ambiguous crossups and when you land your followup string is the wrong input? Like b2 will come out as fwd2? I think it's because of the way your character is facing when you do the jump but I forget all the time lol.

E

Eldriken

I agree. I've reversed my own inputs before when trying to reverse someone's wake up. I dashed forward and input df2 and got a Supernova (which is db2) instead of an Earth Shake.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I agree. I've reversed my own inputs before when trying to reverse someone's wake up. I dashed forward and input df2 and got a Supernova (which is db2) instead of an Earth Shake.
For sure. I hate it when you input a move, for instance, Lobo's pump shot which is df1. I input df1 and for some ungodly reason Lobo turns in the other direction and does the pump shot lol. It doesn't even make sense. Like I could understand if I were crossed up or something and it turned into db1 to cause my air grab to come out... but when it actually does the correct move... but turns around and does it I feel like I broke the programming and the game is giving up on all reason and logic.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
has this gem happened to anyone cause it may just be legit tech , either whiffing an air normal or just empty jump forwards and apparently it reverses wake ups , definitely works for batman has happened me against other chars also

SZSR

Noob
I've had setups in the corner for shazam that depend on doing b2 ffbounce cancel but it crosses me up and ends up being the backwards bounce cancel because the game reads the ff bounce cancel when i'm on the other side. And trying to do b2 bb bounce cancel just ends up with me doing the bb bounce cancel.... :||| NRS Please

TKB

Noob
Okay, if we're being totally honest, nobody should be able to completely reverse someone's wakeup in the first place lol that's part of the problem we're talking about here. Damn you Doomsday!

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
NRS workers come on this site right? I've only seen one comment once though and it was about how good the training mode is.

E

Eldriken

Okay, if we're being totally honest, nobody should be able to completely reverse someone's wakeup in the first place lol that's part of the problem we're talking about here. Damn you Doomsday!
Oh, I agree. It's definitely a part of the problem.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Right but I don't have a problem with reversing wakeup tech. At least there's meta involved and there's something you can do about it. My problem is with doing a move in a specific direction and for no good reason at all the move comes out in the other direction.

TKB

Noob
Oh, I agree. It's definitely a part of the problem.
I've had it happen with Deathstroke where I'm going for a F3 corner cross up, my opponent tries to wakeup, they flip around and their wakeup goes straight into the corner and my attack totally whiffs but it leaves me at enough advantage to just go for a free mixup. DUMB

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Right but I don't have a problem with reversing wakeup tech. At least there's meta involved and there's something you can do about it. My problem is with doing a move in a specific direction and for no good reason at all the move comes out in the other direction.
It's a shame you guys don't have stuff like MB VU. It autocorrects and can be burned on whiff.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
It's actually this kinda bullshit that led to my decline of interest in the game. You can only play against characters like THE MOTHER FUCKING FLASH, so many times and deal with that dumb shit before you just feel like someone picked your pocket.

It's ridiculous that even the people playing the character sometimes dont know what side theyre going to land on. Gimme back my block button.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Call me a sadist if you have to, but I find nonsensical corner tech hilarious, even when it happens to me and I hope there's only more in MKX.

haketh

Noob
Personally I say let it rock, similar to Auto Correct tricks people use to take advantage of in other games and makes waking up more of a risk.