What's new

"Now I Unleash Hell!" AK Glass Sword wins AKA #11!

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Friday night brought about another of the weekly tournaments from the deep south players in Atlanta. The tenth installment of the Atlanta Kombat Arena would feature 17 of Atlanta's best doing battle in Injustice: Gods Among Us. The champion of the past four weeks, BYS Smarr, was looking to make it five in a row while others were looking to spoil the party for the dictator. AK Glass Sword was also in attendance coming off his huge regional win at King of the Bling in Tennessee. Would it be five in a row for Smarr? Or was someone destined to complete the dream and become the champion?

After some very heated action the Top 3 was settled to be Glass Sword and Smarr in Winner's Finals and Clint the Beast waiting in Loser's. In Winner's Finals it would be a Raven vs Black Adam affair to begin with few people remembering that the last time Glass Sword and Smarr faced, Glass Sword had won. In the first game it would show that Glass Sword still seemed to have Smarr's number as his insanely on point Raven beat Smarr and even forced him to switch characters. Scumbag Smarr after going down 1-0 instantly went to Doomsday and took Game 2. The MU would stay the same after that but Glass Sword made a nice adjustment to take a lead at 2-1 and show that it would take more than counterpicks to shake his resolve. Game 4 Smarr again tried one of his alts in Martian Manhunter and it was down to the very last hit as Smarr got a sweep instead of a teleport giving Glass Sword the ability to chip Smarr out before he could do so himself. Glass Sword would taste victory again 3-1 and move on to Grand Finals! Smarr was now in Loser's and the dream was more alive than it had ever been. If we know anything about Atlanta though its that Smarr is known for coming back from Loser's to reset the bracket.

In Loser's Finals, we would see a runback from earlier in the tournament in Smarr vs Clint. Smarr had won in a set that was closer than the 3-0 score would make it seem. Clint would lead with Lex Luthor against the Dictator to get the set started. Game 1 would be a pretty dominant showing by Smarr as he barely lost his first life bar showing that he was not rattled at this point. Game 2 Clint would make a character switch to the mased man in Deathstroke. Clint would use a strategy many are starting to utilize against Black Adam called "The Floor is Lava" where for the most part you stay in the air for as much of the match is possible. Deathstroke's Jump 3 allows this to be a very viable tactic as it gave Smarr quite some trouble and even closed out the game making it 1-1. In Game 3 Smarr would take back the advantage by finding the right spacing against Clint's use of interactibles and then a well placed divekick followed by a quick toss of the lion's head. Game 4 would keep the back and forth between the two combatants going as Clint took a close victory with a perfectly timed high shot as Smarr went for a lightning bolt. 2-2 and it was down to Game 5. Smarr would say enough with the close games though as in Game 5 he finally started dealing with the J3's correctly by dashing away and playing his long range game correctly to take it and move on to Grand Finals. Now the stage was set. Glass Sword in Winner's. Smarr in Loser's. The dream was alive, but Smarr has been known to crush it many times. The action would begin with Smarr donning his Based Yellow Shirt meaning he was all business. Glass Sword was sans fedora and in the coveted hooded attire that many MK players deemed so useful.

Game 1. Grand Finals. Raven vs Adam. It seemed Smarr was off the counterpicking train and was just gonna go in for a straight up brawl. Game 1 would show much of the same. Glass Swords zoning and spacing just looking too dominant for Smarr and at the very end a soul crush would chip Smarr out giving him no options. 1-0. The dream was first on the scoreboard. The Dictator would stick around this time and again it would come down to the very last hit as Smarr just threw out a MB divekick in hope and it paid off. 1-1. The dream eater was on the board now. Game 3 started off with Smarr trying to push the objective as he got out to a great lead. Glass Sword would equalize however with the trait zoning that he has become so good at. Glass Sword would make a small mistake going for the "Chair of Goods" as 16 bit and Slips have deemed it and Smarr would punish him hard for it. In the end Smarr would run in with trait to close it out as he is known for. 2-1. The dream was now on the back foot as Smarr looked to reset. Game 4 would be an exact opposite of Game 3 as Glass Sword would take the hefty lead and Smarr would try to comeback. A bad read after a MB divekick sealed Smarr's fate as Glass Sword evened up the set. 2-2. It was now all up to Game 5. Would the dream be realized? Or would we be forced to wait on another set to find out. In Game 5 Smarr would strike first with a trait throw and a combo into an interactible. The lead however would quickly diminish as Smarr would get caught by a jump in as he was moving. After being sent down to the bottom of Stryker's Island Smarr was in the corner and the match resumed. After a few more combo trades Glass Sword made an amazing read of a backdash and punished with Soul Crush making Smarr clash or lose the life lead. Smarr would then get hit by one of the most ambiguous jump ins as Glass Sword used Raven's Jump 3 to open him up and put Smarr on life support. Off the knockdown the oki game began. Smarr must have been looking for a MB F3 cause he did not wake up and blocked high as Glass Sword made probsably the sickest and riskiest read of the night...He went low! Glass Sword would finish the combo to comeplete the dream and dethrone the dictator! THE DREAM WINS! THE DREAM WINS! The hype would ensue and Smarr could do nothing but stand in awe and congratulate Glass Sword on his victory.

This marks the 1st victory in the Atlanta Kombat Arena for AK Glass_Sword but probably not the last after the incredible leveling up this kid has been doing. This was one of the hypest moments we've seen in Injustice history and brings a ton of life back into not just the Atlanta Scene but hopefully scenes around the country. Thanks for tuning in to this weeks Atlanta Kombat Arena! Tune in next week for more insane hype and action!

--------Top 8 Results/Characters--------

1- AK "Dream" Sword (Raven)
2- BYS Smarr (Black Adam)
3- Clint the Beast (Lex, Deathstroke)
4- AK TylerLantern (Green Lantern, Catwoman)
5- AK Trepound380 (Hawkgirl, Catwoman)
5- AK rtd (Sinestro)
7- AK elitegoomba (Wonder Woman)
7- IchokeonKush (Batman)

Full results at www.challonge.com/AtlantaKombatArena11

Youtube for all stream matches at www.youtube.com/Atlantakombat

Twitch archive at http://www.twitch.tv/atlantakombat/b/477931845

Check out Pig of the Hut's celebration at http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-celebration-of-glass-swords-triumph.39250

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I know I'm late with this, but I just watched the Grand Finals and I gotta give major congratulations and shout-outs to AK Glass_Sword for that godlike win with the best Teen Titan in the group.

Atlanta will be out for your blood in the next AKA, Austin. Don't let them be satisfied for as long as you can. ;)

PTG Slayer

Behold! The GOD of War!
The energy from that win was boss! Don't care what anyone says about tiers or w.e. Black Adam was beaten by a RaVeN! Fuck tiers, a.k.a.mental deterrents, a.k.a. excuses DREAMSWORD put in work!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
What impresses me isn't that he won. Lots of people win.

What DOES impress me, however, is he is the first person in recent memory to stop Smarr from resetting the bracket. That, in itself, is what real dreams are made of. He not only won, he did it decisively.

Hats off to AK Glass_Sword. I rooted against you, but I'm happy to be wrong.

Stepwood

Frequently Bodied Individual
04:26:51 - "I'm hungry! Pig! I'm hungry! HUNGRY!"

Austin, a word no longer associated with Austin Aries, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Austin Powers or Austin, Texas, but synonymous with a coming of age story of a kid turned man, then a great man, then a God among us: Iron Sword