What's new

Northwest Majors 8 - Viewing Guide, Pools & Updates

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Gonna get this out of the way first...

LATE-REGISTRATION IS OPEN ONLY UNTIL TONIGHT AT 9PM PST!!! DO NOT SHOW UP SATURDAY MORNING EXPECTING TO PLAY. GET A FRIEND TO SIGN YOU UP ON FRIDAY AND PAY HIM/HER BACK!!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!

Mortal Kombat X Pools Start Saturday at 10am PST/1pm EST and will be streamed at: www.twitch.tv/khaosgamingtv

Top 8 will be Sunday 10am PST/1pm EST and will be streamed at: www.twitch.tv/khaosgaming2

Check out more info below:

Brackets will be updated as close to real time as we can get on www.NWM8.Challonge.com if you cant catch the live action!

Mortal Kombat X Rules:

Matches will be played best 2/3 rounds and 90 second timer. All sets will be Best of 5

Disqualification: If you are 15 minutes late to your pool without reporting you are sent to losers. If you are 30 minutes late you are disqualified from the tournament. This is the set standard to all games and is not just MKX specific.

Winner is both Character and variation locked, loser can switch both. If the winner picks a different character/variation, they will incur a loss if they do not immediately return to select screen. Replay will not be allowed.

Stage selection is random, unless both agree to a stage(ie training room) or both agree to change(ie Sky Temple)

All characters are legal

Wireless controllers are allowed. However, if you interrupt a match with your controller you will be sent to losers. It's in your best interest to Desync. There will be staff there to try and remind you, but do not rely on them. No exceptions.

We are super excited for our event this year and hope everyone can tune into the hype that is the Pacific Northwest! Any questions or comments can be directed in this thread or PM'd to myself.

Pool 1: (10am start)

R3dgy
Doku540
Dylanvylan
iLuusions
Joey classic
Alexius
STB Preach
Supahfly94
The Big Palooka
Grape Dr.
YOMI Slayer

Pool 2: (12pm start)

Admiral Ninjo
Shujinkydink
Backdarp
Dojo Bomborge
Ghhrk
Grifkitten
Israel
Kevin 7
Immortal Kombat
Starcharger
Meech

NWM8_Banner+PotBonus.png

Top 8

Winners

Yomi|MF Slayer(Shaolin Kung Jin)
Wa|iLuusions (Brawler Cassie Cage)
STB|R24 Shujinkydink (Summoner Quan Chi)
Kevin 7 (Hish Qu Ten Predator)

Losers

STB|Preach (Tarkatan Alien)
xMEECH (Commando Kano/Tempest Kung Lao)
Starcharger (Assassin Kitana)
Knoterror (Grandmaster Sub Zero)

Attachments

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
This is a huge one & we are not playing on this, the game has been out long enough everyone should know the procedure by now
Why not just remind players to desync controllers before their match? Then there's no issue. It should be second nature by now.

Desyncing yourself doesnt really do anything btw because it remembers the connection. I have desynced after every match but I've accidentally interrupted matches because the controller touched something in my bag...

Seems like a silly rule from a competitor's perspective.

STB Shujinkydink

Why not just remind players to desync controllers before their match? Then there's no issue. It should be second nature by now.

Desyncing yourself doesnt really do anything btw because it remembers the connection. I have desynced after every match but I've accidentally interrupted matches because the controller touched something in my bag...

We are hoping everyone knows by now. So theres no excuse and punishment if it happens

haketh

Noob

We'll remind people, but we may miss it because we have other matches to run/commentate/play in so yeah it's up to players to make sure. And it's not silly because yeah some shit happens but blatant negligence nah that doesn't get to pass.

Zoidberg747

We are hoping everyone knows by now. So theres no excuse and punishment if it happens
We'll remind people, but we may miss it because we have other matches to run/commentate/play in so yeah it's up to players to make sure. And it's not silly because yeah some shit happens but blatant negligence nah that doesn't get to pass.
Again, I personally CANNOT desync my own controller. I can turn it off but if anything touches the home button it will turn back on and connect to that system, even if I am in the other room. Its different if people don't even turn the controller but having competitors desync the last persons controller from the menu is much better and is the standard used by most tournaments.

STB Shujinkydink

Again, I personally CANNOT desync my own controller. I can turn it off but if anything touches the home button it will turn back on and connect to that system, even if I am in the other room. Its different if people don't even turn the controller but having competitors desync the last persons controller from the menu is much better and is the standard used by most tournaments.
no thats not how it works. if you delete it from the bluetooth devices if you try and use it, it will ask you to use reconnect the device

Zoidberg747

no thats not how it works. if you delete it from the bluetooth devices if you try and use it, it will ask you to use reconnect the device
I dont believe you can delete the connection while the controller is still on. Maybe there was an update though. If that works then yeah I getthe rule.

Israfel

Designer for BxA

It definitely goes on the player that got done as well as the new players on the system. The same thing happened to me at a local and people tried to get upset at me because my controller turned back on from something bumping it.
I said as nice as I could, but pretty sure I had some attitude lol, "How is it my fault that I desynced all of the controllers that I could and deleted them but you didn't delete mine when you started?"

Reactions: jmt

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!

Lol nope. Even in top 8's people don't remove all the controllers. Only for somebody from the previous match to hit the button. Will keep happening. People are so ready to do a 5 minute button check they don't want to do a 30 second controller remove. The worst thing is. If it happens in top 8 and the person who hit the button is already out what is the punishment. Nothing. Cannot dq a person who is already out of the tournament. Remember to remove the controllers.

Zoidberg747

Yeah just for further clarification I tested and you cannot desync your own controller. You can disconnect your controller but that merely turns it off and does not remove the bluetooth connection. So in reality it is 100% on the players afterwards to remove the bluetooth connections.

I think you guys have it backwards on the desynching policy. The onus of responsibility should be on the CURRENT players. It's their responsibility to make sure all of their peripherals are in order (which includes the ps4, not just their own controllers) BEFORE they play out their match. No question.

Reactions: jmt
So it looks like the stream schedule just released and MKXL doesn't get any main stage stream time at all. Not even on finals day. We're pushing for the decision to be changed, but I gotta say, this sucks ass. This is the first time in NWM history that an NRS game didn't get main stage streaming.

It takes a lot to piss me off. Most of my scene has never seen me even close before. This actually pisses me off.

Ok, my polite white-ass rant is now over.

haketh

Noob
So it looks like the stream schedule just released and MKXL doesn't get any main stage stream time at all. Not even on finals day. We're pushing for the decision to be changed, but I gotta say, this sucks ass. This is the first time in NWM history that an NRS game didn't get main stage streaming.

It takes a lot to piss me off. Most of my scene has never seen me even close before. This actually pisses me off.

Ok, my polite white-ass rant is now over.
We have the lowest numbers of every game

STB Shujinkydink

Alot of other games have dev support & not the lowest numbers of registered players
Actually they dont. only 3 games got support. Tekken, MK, and SFV. So no reason we shouldnt be on main stage. And why are you arguing against MK on an MK website?

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
Untrue. It is actually impossible to fully delete your own controller from the bluetooth devices list. There are two steps to doing this: (1) disconnect controller (2) delete controller from devices. If you disconnect your device, it will still be on the list as the only controller.

haketh

Noob
Actually they dont. only 3 games got support. Tekken, MK, and SFV. So no reason we shouldnt be on main stage. And why are you arguing against MK on an MK website?
Lab Zero is suporting SG, KI is getting support & on the tour. I'm arguing because you guys are being petty as fuck, I'm a huge fan of MK & our community but this shit is stupid & none of you are being logical.

Just an FYI. I'll be filming behind the scenes for this event. So anybody that's going can just let me know if you aren't comfortable being filmed. Hopefully there's enough footage to make a decent video.

So if you're showing up I look forward to seeing you there.

STB Shujinkydink

Lab Zero is suporting SG, KI is getting support & on the tour. I'm arguing because you guys are being petty as fuck, I'm a huge fan of MK & our community but this shit is stupid & none of you are being logical.
No ones being petty or illogical. We've made our stance on the issue clear, it is what it is now. You're doing nothing but acting like a douche so please stop derailing our thread and hurting our scene even more